Z06 vs. GTR, first set of street races!!

Kisco

Results are expected. I like how hte GTR was begging for mercy by flashing it's lights when the Plastic mess-06 was so far ahead as speeds increased..;)

In the first race, the Plastic mess-06 was in 2nd gear and it's RPMS were hoovering at around 2,500 rpms

Results are expected. I like how hte GTR was begging for mercy by flashing it's lights when the Plastic mess-06 was so far ahead as speeds increased..;)

In the first race, the Plastic mess-06 was in 2nd gear and it's RPMS were hoovering at around 2,500 rpms

I was just about to post this. Judging by that, no Gallardo has anything to worry about when it comes to the Gtr.

straight line pulls are for kids.

And are the pulls that take up 90% of races today...:)

Looks to me that the GTR is a 118-120 mph car at best.

And are the pulls that take up 90% of races today...:)

Looks to me that the GTR is a 118-120 mph car at best.

No way. that Plastic mess-06 is pulling way too hard for that to be a 118 car. id say 114-115 at best.

Wonder if that gtr had the 112 mph limiter on it? Plastic mess-06 should still beat it, but by that much?

112 limiter is for cars only in Japan.

wow it got killed.

Yeah it did. I just heard Stig ran a 1:18.4 with it though!? Equal to the Zonda F, only bettered by the Ascari and Koenigsegg. Top gear times though...I know. And, still makes you wonder about the test cars. If that times true though, it has to be insane fast into an out of corners if it's that slow in a straight line.

0-150MPH

18.5 - Plastic mess-06

18.7 - G-SL

26.6 - GTR

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

That is a rape, plain and simple. A 360 Modena can match that time, lol.

The GTR was nothing but hype based on factory-overboosted ringers given to the press. Not in the league of a 911TT, Plastic mess-06, Viper, or any of the other usual suspects.

The End.

0-150MPH

18.5 - Plastic mess-06

18.7 - G-SL

26.6 - GTR

The GTR was nothing but hype based on factory-overboosted ringers given to the press. Not in the league of a 911TT, Plastic mess-06, Viper, or any of the other usual suspects.

The End.

I still am curious at the lap times it will post.

Lap times and acceleration are two different things. I think the GTR has proved itself, time and time again, that is is PHENOMENAL around ANY race track. That is great and all, but since most races take place on the street, the GTR is going to get bitch slapped like a red headed step child by many cars, including Plastic mess-06's, Viper's, 997 TT's, Gallardo's, F430's (You get the hint, pretty much everything that is worthwhile).

Lap times and acceleration are two different things. I think the GTR has proved itself, time and time again, that is is PHENOMENAL around ANY race track. That is great and all, but since most races take place on the street, the GTR is going to get bitch slapped like a red headed step child by many cars, including Plastic mess-06's, Viper's, 997 TT's, Gallardo's, F430's (You get the hint, pretty much everything that is worthwhile).

that the problem. it HASNT. it hasnt posted consistant lap times. on one hand you have TG, BM, R&T and Nissan themselves posting lap times that are on CGT levels. and on the other hand you have Edmunds, C&D, Car, Quattoruote etc putting merely a bit ahead of the 997TT and Plastic mess-06.

The mag tests havent proven a damn thing other than Nissans advertising dollars hard at work. I highly doubt any of the mag test cars are bonestockers etc. Just like in this real world vid I suspect when owners of both meet up at the track those ridiculous lap times will not be remotely possible with the production spec GTR. Just like the 124mph trap one mag got from a supposed prod spec GTR. This vid shows the GTR up even though its not about straightline only. Im willing to bet that alot of owners will be surprised there GTR isnt living up to the hype. "But, but, but C&D said the GTR was 4 secs faster than the Plastic mess-06 so why cant I run from a Plastic mess-06 etc". I like the GTR to death but Im very weary of new car hype and Ive had my fill of GTR hype.

anyone who makes a decision of purchase based on mag tests is a moron. sure they are a fun pass time imo. and they are fun to compare and stuff, but knowing that they are read by MILLIONS of people, a company that has reputation at stake will without doubt try to get an upper hand in the tests. I cant think of anyone who hasnt sent a ringer or two to tests. MB, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Nissan etc etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldnt call that a rape....its a fast car, no doubt, (relatively speaking Allanimnowacannonball). And realistically thats where it aimed to be with it's pre-hype hype....if you know what I mean. With regards to its track work, i'm thinking it only appears to be phenomenal due to the fact then ANYONE can post an impressive time in it due to its internal autopilots....whereas try that with the gt2 brigade, for example, and they would kill you instead. Its the first of its kind at this level...and for that it should be praised...or should it?? Its the xbox hitting the street era. The difference between (Sir) Walter Rohls time in a gt2, and any of us, would be laughable....but would that be the case with the GTR on a circuit you know....considerably less so is my guess.

So to sum up.....what good here.

a.) Its cheap

b.)Any fuckwit can drive it

c) It flatters you...by delivering the best without driver imput/talent.

Whats not

a.) Its pig ugly

b.)No charisma at all

c.)Inside is terrible

d.)You've no idea you're behind the wheel of a car....but feel more akin to sitting in front of a flatscreen being Schumacher

e.) Sounds like hoover

f')No one will go....wow nice car...instead ask you how much to the train station with luggage

g.)Servicing and parts and insurance are ASTRONOMICAL

Ok, i've deceided, im sticking with 911's....

IMHO... :icon_mrgreen:

0-150MPH

18.5 - Plastic mess-06

18.7 - G-SL

26.6 - GTR

The End.

Finally. With all the ridiculous hype this car was getting it seemed like it should have at least been able to launch itself into space or something.

Put the Veyron in to the list.....9.6...

By the time the gtr hit 150, you could have parked, gone in the house, and put the kettle on...:icon_fU:

...the veyron does a 9.6 to 100? I thought in the autorags they did a 10.2@142 quarter....so how can that be?