[VIDEO]: Gumpert Apollo....in-car and on the road

ELIM

Why does it sound like its about to fall appart at every stop? And to answer his question about the Gallardo CATCHING him, please let him know we will be giving him a headstart :lol:

just make sure it's the first gumpert Allan....even then no walk in the park for you. EVEN then dont try on the corners. If its the latest Gumpert.....dont bother! These things are built and designed ground up racers......not modded mass pro. cars.

Gumpert S 1.

mid engined, rear wheel drive two seater constructed on a tubular Chromoly frame, with carbon fiber body panels.

4.2L V8 700 hp engine is joined to a six-speed sequential gearbox with Formula 1 influences.

Top speed is 360 km/h (224 mph)

0-100 km/h (0–62 mph) reached in 3.0 seconds

0-200km/h (0-125 mph) reached in 8.0 seconds

2400lbs

Gumpert S 2.....soon.

Same as above but 830 bhp.....840 ft/lbs

Both Gumperts:

Pig Ugly.

• 2 weeks later...
just make sure it's the first gumpert Allan....even then no walk in the park for you. EVEN then dont try on the corners. If its the latest Gumpert.....dont bother! These things are built and designed ground up racers......not modded mass pro. cars.

Gumpert S 1.

mid engined, rear wheel drive two seater constructed on a tubular Chromoly frame, with carbon fiber body panels.

4.2L V8 700 hp engine is joined to a six-speed sequential gearbox with Formula 1 influences.

Top speed is 360 km/h (224 mph)

0-100 km/h (0–62 mph) reached in 3.0 seconds

0-200km/h (0-125 mph) reached in 8.0 seconds

2400lbs

Gumpert S 2.....soon.

Same as above but 830 bhp.....840 ft/lbs

Both Gumperts:

Pig Ugly.

Lately you have really proven that you have no idea about cars.... :icon_thumleft:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: ...I have simply stated that the ttg is not the be all and end all that it is being hyped up to be and you dont like it :icon_mrgreen: . Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love it for what it is, but straight off continuous comments such as 'gtt will kill it' and similar are simply not always true (9ff/Veyron/Gumpert etc....my goings on in relation to these evidently having gotton you mad :huh: )). Clearly the gtt is a missile in a straight line, but i'd wager thats where it ends. It is a modified product in which a 1000hp powerplant has been achieved and connected to an existing chassis/running gear/steering set-up (and the list goes on) all designed to mould in perfection with a 'lowly' 500hp (crank) powerplant. This, like or not, will effect all round performance, compromising safety, driveablitly and the overall product in so far as the cars r&d genes. You have no integral roll cage, measured crumple zones/braking distances/turn in on/off power, grip....and everything else are again unavoidably compromised. Someone recently asked why lambo dont do this kit themselves....and in direct response to your retort Allan, anyone with even a modecombe of car design and/or auto manufacturing knowledge would answer the same in a nanosecond. :icon_mrgreen:

Your new car is the antithesis to your last one....your gtt in contrast; Now have DOUBLE the slrs output give or take in a stock sl55....as opposed to a Mclaren designed car.

My comments hence that a to b the gumpert would leave you standing.....stand. The gumpert has been designed ground up at great cost to be an out and out 'race car' for the road. The team involved are no laughing matter, and individuals within have been responsible for much of Audis motorsport success over the years. Every aspect of its pig ugly mass has been r&d'd to maximize perfection at its limits, be that weight transference at unstable g, or the f1 principled gearing and so on. To then laugh at it because you have two turbos stuck in a stock g seems a tad silly imo. The reality is Allan, on a decent road with decent drivers, the g would left behind quicker than you spell your name...again and again. AND I maintain when the Apollo 2 is launched next year, it will probablly match or better you in a straight line also.

I love your car Allan, dont get me wrong...its fantastic...but its still very much a G, and thankfully...because its all the better for it; In order to genuinely compete it would have to lose everything Lambo about it, and hence all that is desirable. ;) So yes, agreed, Im no R&D expert on auto fabrication, but I do pay attention to the whole picture when the results are delievered.

Just my humble opinion of course...

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: ...I have simply stated that the ttg is not the be all and end all that it is being hyped up to be and you dont like it :icon_mrgreen: . Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love it for what it is, but straight off continuous comments such as 'gtt will kill it' and similar are simply not always true (9ff/Veyron/Gumpert etc....my goings on in relation to these evidently having gotton you mad :huh: )). Clearly the gtt is a missile in a straight line, but i'd wager thats where it ends. It is a modified product in which a 1000hp powerplant has been achieved and connected to an existing chassis/running gear/steering set-up (and the list goes on) all designed to mould in perfection with a 'lowly' 500hp (crank) powerplant. This, like or not, will effect all round performance, compromising safety, driveablitly and the overall product in so far as the cars r&d genes. You have no integral roll cage, measured crumple zones/braking distances/turn in on/off power, grip....and everything else are again unavoidably compromised. Someone recently asked why lambo dont do this kit themselves....and in direct response to your retort Allan, anyone with even a modecombe of car design and/or auto manufacturing knowledge would answer the same in a nanosecond. :icon_mrgreen:

Your new car is the antithesis to your last one....your gtt in contrast; Now have DOUBLE the slrs output give or take in a stock sl55....as opposed to a Mclaren designed car.

My comments hence that a to b the gumpert would leave you standing.....stand. The gumpert has been designed ground up at great cost to be an out and out 'race car' for the road. The team involved are no laughing matter, and individuals within have been responsible for much of Audis motorsport success over the years. Every aspect of its pig ugly mass has been r&d'd to maximize perfection at its limits, be that weight transference at unstable g, or the f1 principled gearing and so on. To then laugh at it because you have two turbos stuck in a stock g seems a tad silly imo. The reality is Allan, on a decent road with decent drivers, the g would left behind quicker than you spell your name...again and again. AND I maintain when the Apollo 2 is launched next year, it will probablly match or better you in a straight line also.

I love your car Allan, dont get me wrong...its fantastic...but its still very much a G, and thankfully...because its all the better for it; In order to genuinely compete it would have to lose everything Lambo about it, and hence all that is desirable. ;) So yes, agreed, Im no R&D expert on auto fabrication, but I do pay attention to the whole picture when the results are delievered.

Just my humble opinion of course...

First off, we are not going off track times, as track times have way too many variables.... When I say the GTT will kill it, I always mean in a straightline... My car is a streetcar, so you need to look at other cars in terms of street useabilty. on the street the Gumby is worthless. its a horrible car which couldnt even clear a speed bump without getting stuck. So in the real world, point to point to the Gallardo is faster, and in straightline performance the Gallardo is faster. These gumbys are supposed track cars, but people are buying them to use on the street. I didnt buy or build my Gallardo to use on a track. So with the intended purposes of both cars in mind, the Gumby is a complete failure inmo.

Lastly if you look at the gumby, for all its mega dollars in R+D, its fit, finish and precision is horrible. From the terrible paint, panel finish, panel alignment, terrible interior, to the rattling going on when you drive it....

That thing just does nothing for me. And I love Reza constantly saying "gumpert baby....gumpert." I cant even imagine how uncomfortable that thing is to drive for long distances!

I was given a Dupont registry magazine at Exotics Rally yesterday and this Gumpert is ALL over it. "Buy one today! Be the 1st to own one!" It's on like 5 pages at least.

on a side note:

great news,

i can find you interior parts original for these cars cheap !!!! :rolleyes:

my new beetle has a lot in common with it

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for sharing the vid, i bet midlife in the mustang, thought he was pretty cool until this thing flew by. lol i would never spend a cent to buy this car. The interior is pretty crappy, as well as the noise.

seems really hard to shift..but not as hard as the suspension. "gumpert baby gumpet" lol yeah that's exactly what the ladies want to hear hahahahaha. however this thing looks like it can really move