$1k - 2k

Falken

For someone coming up in the world of watches...(crawling out of the $250.00 decent looking watch budget).

I'm not ready to drop 5K+ on a watch...more like 1 to 2K. there are certainly your tipical established names in that segment...Tag, Breitling, Movado and fashion watches from Gucci and others...But in browsing ebay i've come across a few names i'm not familiar with and wanted some opinions namely: Techno, JoJo & Aquamaster.

I like a little bling, not over the top Jacob style bling...but just a few diamonds to accent the design and set it off a bit, i also like the look of a flashy face offset with a black leather band to tone it down a bit. Does anybody have any reccomendations new or used in the 1-2K bracket?

Thanks

Falken

Wow...no opinions at all!

I was expecting to at least get some:

1. OMG those are SHIT run dont walk.

or

2. there ok if you like that sort of thing

or

3. at that price point there decent

or

4. save your money and buy one of theses _______.

Something...lol...whatever i think i've made up my own mind not to get any of those anyways.

Try looking at Tags and Omegas. They have a decent selection of watches within your price range. As for which one to get, it comes down to personal preference. Quality, service, etc. are going to be similar, which explains the similar price points. You can't go wrong with either brand.

Erik G.

I love my Hamilton Navy Khaki regetta, 44MM face head, and you can get them for a bit under 1K. very durable watch as well ive knocked this thing againest everything imaginable and it keeps ticking.

I was casually looking at a few Tags and a couple Movado's yesturday...i've never heard of a "Hamilton Navy Khaki regetta" so i'll check em out.

I guess in my price range there probably thousands of watches to choose from...i just need to find one that suits me.

I have a few Movados and they have always been some of my favorite watches. In that price range I agree with the Tags & Omegas as well. Lots of nice watches from both of them.

A friend of mine had several of those "Technomaster" watches (the big immatation jacob looking ones that look diamond studded like a rapper would wear but only cost $400-$800), and they always seemed like such pieces of shiit up close or when youre holding them. (just my .02). My friend also fit the profile of one of those "ballers on a budget" (meaning, he didnt have 2 nickels to rub together and was heavy in debt, but constantly wanted people to think he was loaded), so that my have ruined my perception of the brand too. :lol2:

I would just go for a nice classy watch from one of the brands mentioned above, you cant go wrong. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Go for a preowned Rolex or lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu.

IMHO.

Tag blows.

Morgan

Agree 100%. Also pre owned Rolex and lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu will hold their value much better. Another couple brands to check out would be Maurice Lacroix or Ebel if you want somthing new.

My first nice watch was a Tag Carrera Chrono, loved it, lost it, not gonna get another one. In this price range, there's hardly anything to fall in love with, and I need that in a watch.

I still have my first "real" watch, a Swatch Irony Chrono Mesmeric. Chromed out with a blue face, from the 2000 Spring/Summer collection. :icon_thumleft: