Anyone know where the original KITT (Knight Rider) cars are? Want to buy.

sachin

Hey guys,

Have a friend who is looking to buy one of the 4 original cars from the 80's Knight Rider. Money isn't so much of the issue as he is part of a family that is in the Forbes Top 10 richest families.

The only one I've been able to find was sold by Kassabian Motors sometime last year to a private collector who doesnt want to sell.

dunno if they still have it

We've reported on K.I.T.T. cars being up for sale in the past, but those were all reproductions of the real thing. Now, one of the four documented 1982 Pontiac Trans ASS actually used in the Knight Rider series during the '80s has a For Sale sign on its windshield. The car has been restored to its "debut-season glory" and is being displayed at Kassabian Motors in Dublin, California. The price? $149,995. Ouch, that's a big chunk of Knight Industry's defense contract budget. But it's a small price to pay for the actual car in which the Hoff and his perfectly coiffed hair shot his close ups. Many of the buttons on the dash light up and the two video screens do work, though don't expect this K.I.T.T. to hit 300 mph or jump a school bus when the Rocket Boost button is depressed. The string of red lights on the nose do light up, however, which would be the deal breaker for us.

pm Zengarage.

I'm with you on that, if you're looking a oddball, movie car Ron's the man. Man has owned more real Batman vehicles, then I had batman toys as a kid

dunno if they still have it

We've reported on K.I.T.T. cars being up for sale in the past, but those were all reproductions of the real thing. Now, one of the four documented 1982 Pontiac Trans ASS actually used in the Knight Rider series during the '80s has a For Sale sign on its windshield. The car has been restored to its "debut-season glory" and is being displayed at Kassabian Motors in Dublin, California. The price? $149,995. Ouch, that's a big chunk of Knight Industry's defense contract budget. But it's a small price to pay for the actual car in which the Hoff and his perfectly coiffed hair shot his close ups. Many of the buttons on the dash light up and the two video screens do work, though don't expect this K.I.T.T. to hit 300 mph or jump a school bus when the Rocket Boost button is depressed. The string of red lights on the nose do light up, however, which would be the deal breaker for us.

Got in touch with them and its unfortunately been sold already to a collector who wont sell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...