Detomaso Thread - POST PHOTOS!

MANG

post-10482-1240116525_thumb.jpg

my favorite deTomaso model :icon_super:

there's something about the vallelunga :headbang:

nice find Diogo, you gotta like the DeTomaso history of cars, just a few, but visually all pretty sweet!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

at the DMV today to renew my drivers license and parked out front = something rare and beautiful - not often you see a sweet looking Mangusta roaming the streets. Owner is Steve B, he popped over for a photo shoot..a FULL 1% of the world's Geese population at my house today :icon_mrgreen:

ps, we both need original rims! :eusa_wall:

post-9329-1244603215_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1244603282_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1244603331_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1244603387_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

hello out there any other Detomaso folks around?

here is some eye candy from the Reno gathering last month..

post-9329-1248587084_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1248587155_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1248587247_thumb.jpg

Well, Mang, maybe not a fix for you, but my fix for the summer. Repainting my car. Suitably for this site in Lambo color Blu Caelum .

DSC05043.JPG

27_3.jpg

Well, Mang, maybe not a fix for you, but my fix for the summer. Repainting my car. Suitably for this site in Lambo color Blu Caelum .

EXCELLENT choice....EVERYONE knows I am particular to that exact shade of blue (Peter's Countach :headbang: ), again, excellent choice :eusa_clap:

Mike,

i am here!

nice cars :eusa_clap:

looks like there is little love for DTs

nice to see you over here :) Emilio the thing I am liking about them is that it is like no other 'collectible' exotic from Italy from that era....EVERY other car is meant to stay bone stock and there are of course different levels of restoration, but with the Pantera crowd, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible..it is fascinating to see all the different mods and tricks people have constructed, some amazingly cool rides out there in DT land. Mangusta's are meant to be left stock (but BE REAL, there is no such thing as a 'stock' one and upgrades and mods are such an improvement), the purists still favor stock with Goose's....and then there is my goose! It is on a whole other level of custom and modded, mind blowing stuff!

on another note, I now have two original wheels (one front and one rear), getting there :icon_super:

nice to see you over here :) Emilio the thing I am liking about them is that it is like no other 'collectible' exotic from Italy from that era....EVERY other car is meant to stay bone stock and there are of course different levels of restoration, but with the Pantera crowd, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible..it is fascinating to see all the different mods and tricks people have constructed, some amazingly cool rides out there in DT land. Mangusta's are meant to be left stock (but BE REAL, there is no such thing as a 'stock' one and upgrades and mods are such an improvement), the purists still favor stock with Goose's....and then there is my goose! It is on a whole other level of custom and modded, mind blowing stuff!

on another note, I now have two original wheels (one front and one rear), getting there :icon_super:

you know i am a BIG de tomaso fan :)

it is not a mistery i was close to get that special GTS pantera but i am also in love with some of the wide cars and some hiper modded ones to ;)

i see the darck mangusta at Modena showroom every time ....and let me say the car looks awesome in that color

you are correct the thing is in the best car desing of the era

Is'nt it good to have me back here after a few months away? Will pop in a Pantera here now and then, since noone else does:)

:eusa_naughty:

post-9329-1249235009_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1249235077_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1249235195_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1249235288_thumb.jpg

This has to be one of the best looking Panteras I have ever seen. It was for sale a few weeks ago. Emailed owner, but was already sold. Does anyone know what something like this would be worth?

pantera_gt5_3.jpg

pantera_gt5_2.jpg

pantera_gt5_4.jpg

Black Pantera looks awesome... :icon_super:

...but for me Vallelunga is THE deTomaso to own :icon_thumleft:

0502_05z%20De_Tomaso_Vallelunga%20Front_Corner.jpg

autowp_ru_de_tomaso_vallelunga_coupe_1.jpg1..jpg

:icon_pray:

really nice car

a pity there are so few of them and almost none for sale...impossible to get one :(

good luck finding an 'original' set of wheels for the Vallelunga!! What is that beautiful car riding on?

...also agree the black car is pretty sweet, but I don't really care for the wheel choice :huh:

really nice car

a pity there are so few of them and almost none for sale...impossible to get one :(

I owned one although briefly, I will dig up some pics when I get to Spain...

Vallelunga's are amazing cars to drive although underpowered,the dynamic balance of the car is exquisite, the central backbone chassis is :icon_pray: if you sum that to the lightweight of the body and a exquisite design you get = :bj: ...

dtrval0120g.jpg

vetture1.jpg

good luck finding an 'original' set of wheels for the Vallelunga!! What is that beautiful car riding on?

...also agree the black car is pretty sweet, but I don't really care for the wheel choice :huh:

yeah

some original parts are really hard to find... :crybaby2:

I surfed through this thread - all pages, and it really is an epic collection of DeTomaso eye candy! Some great photos...great cars!! Thanks everyone for POSTING!!!

ps, you don't have to stop! :aiwebs_011:

post-9329-1249258428_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1249258814_thumb.jpg

I owned one although briefly, I will dig up some pics when I get to Spain...

Vallelunga's are amazing cars to drive although underpowered,the dynamic balance of the car is exquisite, the central backbone chassis is :icon_pray: if you sum that to the lightweight of the body and a exquisite design you get = :bj: ...

dtrval0120g.jpg

vetture1.jpg

Diogo,

COOL CAR!

you should have NEVER sold this one.... :eusa_naughty:

too rare and special! imo

please post more when you will have time, TKS!

• 2 weeks later...