Info about this picture?

Skogens Baron

Found this picture on a carforum in norway.. What is this? A espada with Marzal steeringwheel? Somethings different with the midconsole to isnt it?

200572823449_Untitled-3.jpg

Not sure what that is, but I did see an old video with an Islero that had that same steering wheel. I wonder if it was an option back then.

Looks Maserrati to me. Ghibli maybe

Can't explain the bull wheel. I was looking at the insturment cluster

Tricky.. The leather wrapping around the speedo and tachometre looks series 1 espada to me.. when you se the bonit and fenders it allso looks like a front engined car.. Very strange...

espada series 1

7159dash.jpg

Looks Maserrati to me. Ghibli maybe

No, it's definitely an early Espada. The switches look a little different, but the hexagonal instrument cluster is Espada S1.

Its a S1 espada the gauge pods and the way the windshield wipers are give it away (the islero had 2 at oposing ends where as the espada has 2 that overlap in the middle)

Its neither imo.....maybe the the horrific lambo partsbin 'sonata' though?

The switchgear beneath the binnacle is also different to an Espada, and it doesnt appear to have the rectangular dash vents either... The glovebox is missing also. Either a modded espada, but why, or simply based on espada dash.

This condition of this espada however makes me really want one, the back seats...wow!

http://www.internetsportscars.com/Lamborgh...-Series-II.html

Its neither imo.....maybe the the horrific lambo partsbin 'sonata' though?

The switchgear beneath the binnacle is also different to an Espada, and it doesnt appear to have the rectangular dash vents either... The glovebox is missing also. Either a modded espada, but why, or simply based on espada dash.

This condition of this espada however makes me really want one, the back seats...wow!

http://www.internetsportscars.com/Lamborgh...-Series-II.html

It's one of the early Espada prototypes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, this is my first ever blog on any type of forum, so I hope I get this right!!

The picture is, as has already been correctly identified, a pre-production Espada prototype. Lamborghini made at least three, possibly four pre-production Espadas. One was gold, one was a light metallic blue, and one was silver-white. The dashboard shown is, I'm reasonbly certain, from the light blue car, which had a black dashboard and a beige cloth seats with black leather or vinyl backing. Each of the prototypes had slightly different trim from each other, and from the later production cars. The light blue car was used in a lot of publicity shots, and the gold and silver-white cars were shown at Geneva in 1968, with the gold car on Lamborghini's stand, and the silver-white car on Bertone's stand. I know the shot is not of the gold car as that was tested by Autocar in their 13th June 1968 issue and the dash and steering wheel are different. However, several magazines used the publicity shots of the light-blue car and that dashboard is the same as the one in the picture you posted. Unfortunately the view of the bonnet is not really clear enough to identify the car exactely, but I hope that helps a bit more.

I have no idea what the chassis or engine numbers of any of these cars are, as some detailed photos I've seen of the engine bay of at least one of the pre-production cars do not show any VIN plate anywhere. Does anyone know where any of these pre-production cars landed up?

On another note, I have been running a register as a hobby for 23 years and have 1347 cars from around the world in it. It's a strictly private hobby, although I help Glen Kohut out, as well as Lou Herrin with the Islero register and the French Jarama Registry with VIN numbers and photos. Anybody who owns a Lambo, I would love to get the details.

Finally, I promise, I also collect magazine articles from around the world and have a large stack of swap material, anyone interested is welcome to contact me.

Hello, this is my first ever blog on any type of forum, so I hope I get this right!!

The picture is, as has already been correctly identified, a pre-production Espada prototype. Lamborghini made at least three, possibly four pre-production Espadas. One was gold, one was a light metallic blue, and one was silver-white. The dashboard shown is, I'm reasonbly certain, from the light blue car, which had a black dashboard and a beige cloth seats with black leather or vinyl backing. Each of the prototypes had slightly different trim from each other, and from the later production cars. The light blue car was used in a lot of publicity shots, and the gold and silver-white cars were shown at Geneva in 1968, with the gold car on Lamborghini's stand, and the silver-white car on Bertone's stand. I know the shot is not of the gold car as that was tested by Autocar in their 13th June 1968 issue and the dash and steering wheel are different. However, several magazines used the publicity shots of the light-blue car and that dashboard is the same as the one in the picture you posted. Unfortunately the view of the bonnet is not really clear enough to identify the car exactely, but I hope that helps a bit more.

I have no idea what the chassis or engine numbers of any of these cars are, as some detailed photos I've seen of the engine bay of at least one of the pre-production cars do not show any VIN plate anywhere. Does anyone know where any of these pre-production cars landed up?

On another note, I have been running a register as a hobby for 23 years and have 1347 cars from around the world in it. It's a strictly private hobby, although I help Glen Kohut out, as well as Lou Herrin with the Islero register and the French Jarama Registry with VIN numbers and photos. Anybody who owns a Lambo, I would love to get the details.

Finally, I promise, I also collect magazine articles from around the world and have a large stack of swap material, anyone interested is welcome to contact me.

Very impressive, I got to hand it to you. What do you have on Murcies?

Very impressive, I got to hand it to you. What do you have on Murcies?

I'll have a dig through the stuff I have and see what there is. Be in touch soon.