• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More pics:

audi-r8-v10_4.jpg

audi-r8-v10_5.jpg

audi-r8-v10_6.jpg

audi-r8-v10_7.jpg

I think it looks great. just like the V8 R8. and from what ive heard the V10 will be right there with the Gallardo in terms of overall performance.

Slowpoke, why the Audi hate? Youre driving one pretty much so I don't get why so many Lambo owners respond like this. This car and the LP560 are two of the sickest cars out right now.

You should be thanking Audi for the amazing interior in your SL, the sick V10, the advanced traction control, ASF chassis and more

Slowpoke, why the Audi hate? Youre driving one pretty much so I don't get why so many Lambo owners respond like this. This car and the LP560 are two of the sickest cars out right now.

I would rather a Nissan GTR that an R8..............hairdresser car.

Slow and boring. XXL Audi TT.

Have you seen an R8 in person? Have you seen it next to a TT? Nothing alike. No japanese car would ever live up to the R8 and Audi name. Performance, numbers, blah, blah, blah whatever, the R8 is a greater car. 6speed is now a smarter place for having banned you.

Have you seen an R8 in person? Have you seen it next to a TT? Nothing alike. No japanese car would ever live up to the R8 and Audi name. Performance, numbers, blah, blah, blah whatever, the R8 is a greater car. 6speed is now a smarter place for having banned you.

I see them every day, I live in Malibu........

I have driven several of them and not been impressed. Slow car. They look like an extruded tt. Ugly car.........

2 posts here and you are bashing............go for it.

Yeah 6speed is where the people can speak their mind, do u even know why I was banned?? Have ever owned either vehicle, driven or sat in either.............no I didn't think so..

The GTR will crush an R8 anyday.

I guessing Civic.....or maybe a WRX, pray do tell.

Change your graphic to the car u actually drive.......

My bad kinn, didn't know there was forum rules dictating how many posts I had to have before I get to state an opinion (Opinion being the key word here) so try not to hold my words so close to heart. The R8 is basically a Gallardo in Audi clothing and the new V10 will be that much more identical. The GTR WILL crush the R8, but it will also crush the car you drive as well. Tests have shown the numbers and I'm not denying that what so ever but it all depends what you're in the market for and what appeals to you as a buyer. Am I a buyer? No. But I am a hardcore enthusiest and the Audi has 10 times more class and style then that piece of jap crap poor excuse of a car called a GTR will ever have, opinion of course.

My bad kinn, didn't know there was forum rules dictating how many posts I had to have before I get to state an opinion (Opinion being the key word here) so try not to hold my words so close to heart. The R8 is basically a Gallardo in Audi clothing and the new V10 will be that much more identical. The GTR WILL crush the R8, but it will also crush the car you drive as well. Tests have shown the numbers and I'm not denying that what so ever but it all depends what you're in the market for and what appeals to you as a buyer. Am I a buyer? No. But I am a hardcore enthusiest and the Audi has 10 times more class and style then that piece of jap crap poor excuse of a car called a GTR will ever have, opinion of course.

Get a GTR or an R8, you come to my house....and I will spank u in my little 328i. No need for the big gun. Ask around.......

Learn to drive first..........own one and then u will know how silly your comments are...

Learn and enjoy in good health.

When I was your age, my dream car was a 2.0 Mark II GTI. Black of course.

and from what ive heard the V10 will be right there with the Gallardo in terms of overall performance.

Yes it will Nima, Audi let me drive a V10 test mule(6speed) for two weeks and it rocks. I put a Vbox on it and 0-60 came up in 3.7 seconds on my second try. Basically the R8 handles like a G, without the rough edges, definitely more suitable for those who want a sporty DD, plus a great track car.

Also, I was surprised by the reaction of the general public, the R8 is a crowd pleaser for sure, it drew as much/more attention as my VI SE G.....younger people really dig this ride.

Yes it will Nima, Audi let me drive a V10 test mule(6speed) for two weeks and it rocks. I put a Vbox on it and 0-60 came up in 3.7 seconds on my second try. Basically the R8 handles like a G, without the rough edges, definitely more suitable for those who want a sporty DD, plus a great track car.

Also, I was surprised by the reaction of the general public, the R8 is a crowd pleaser for sure, it drew as much/more attention as my VI SE G.....younger people really dig this ride.

Exactly. The V10 version is gonna be a beast and has almost all the latest systems that are on the LP560 including launch control. The R8 has a little bit better setup for handling and the Galllardo has the better looks

One other thing......I have owned several Audi's.

an UR quattro........you'll have to look that one up, you're too young.

also a 200 CS Quattro with studded tires and i just sold a RS6..............so I know all about understeer.

I would rather a Nissan GTR that an R8..............hairdresser car.

Slow and boring. XXL Audi TT.

That's odd... I find Lambo's decision to make the V10 R8 very questionable as well, but I don't kid myself into thinking the car is inferior. It's like the Gallardo's little sister :) :D

I wonder why Audi would potentially cannibalize Lambo sales by producing this car...

Alright you got me, bash me and lets move on. Still no comment on your car being pretty much an Audi? Sure it doesn't have the four rings on the front and rear but any thoughts on why this new V10 is going to be so much worse than the car you drive? Because that is what this thread is all about.

That's odd... I find Lambo's decision to make the V10 R8 very questionable as well, but I don't kid myself into thinking the car is inferior. It's like the Gallardo's little sister :) :D

I wonder why Audi would potentially cannibalize Lambo sales by producing this car...

How long will Audi own Lamborghini...............it could cast off again. Ford is shopping Volvo............

One other thing......I have owned several Audi's.

an UR quattro........you'll have to look that one up, you're too young.

also a 200 CS Quattro with studded tires and i just sold a RS6..............so I know all about understeer.

The understeer issue is finally fixed with Audi's new Longitudinal Modular Chassis. The steering rack is now positioned in front of the front axle with the engines lower and farther back. This setup also pushes the wheels to the outermost corners without compromising the vehicle length

Alright you got me, bash me and lets move on. Still no comment on your car being pretty much an Audi? Sure it doesn't have the four rings on the front and rear but any thoughts on why this new V10 is going to be so much worse than the car you drive? Because that is what this thread is all about.

Well it has an R8 body...........read a LP560 review.....assuming you haven't driven one. Again any time...bring a R8 up to Malibu I will give you a go in my commuter car. Just a warning..........considering upgrading to a 335D so be warned...welcome to LPOWER!.

The understeer issue is finally fixed with Audi's new Longitudinal Modular Chassis. The steering rack is now positioned in front of the front axle with the engines lower and farther back. This setup also pushes the wheels to the outermost corners without compromising the vehicle length

Trust me its not..............drive a BMW.

A lot better............but Audi's still plough.

Trust me its not..............drive a BMW.

A lot better............but Audi's still plough.

Trust me it is. I've driven plenty of BMW's and they have excellent steering. Not denying that. But the understeer factor has haunted Audi for years and they have worked very hard to correct it. I don't understand why you are not giving credit and writing everything off that you are not into.

Well it has an R8 body...........read a LP560 review.....assuming you haven't driven one. Again any time...bring a R8 up to Malibu I will give you a go in my commuter car. Just a warning..........considering upgrading to a 335D so be warned...welcome to LPOWER!.

I can't wait to drive a 335d...I have been waiting for them to come here.

Call me a nerd, but the most interesting thing about the R8 V10 is the all LED headlights, I can't wait to see them.

LED's don't work. They look the best on an R8, but they make all the other AUDI's look narrow and tall. Considering replacing our POS 07 Range Rover Sport S with a previous model S4 wagon for the wife.

No Audi handles like a BMW, even an RS4. They can be faster.....but not as tactile.

I have a friend that built a RS2 (neeRS2 Wagon) coupe on a 91 US chassis. Full porsche build up, chipped, very fast, ploughs like a battleship in the corners. Car was dynoed at 400 hp RWH. Very cool.....just not very fast around a corner. I am considering buying it...because I like a challenge.

LED's don't work. They look the best on an R8, but they make all the other AUDI's look narrow and tall.

No Audi handles like a BMW, even an RS4. They can be faster.....but not as tactile. I have a friend that built a RS2 (neeRS4 Wagon) Coupe on a 91 chassis. Full porsche build up, very fast, ploughs like a battleship in the corners. Car was dynoed at 400 hp RWH. Very cool.....just not very fast around a corner.

Considering buying it...because I like a challenge.

Damn. Not many people know about RS2's lol...they were sick. I'll take one in Nogaro Blue anyday!

It has taken Audi awhile to eliminate the understeer becasue of the 4 link suspension they use. And although the BMW's have very direct steering, they also have a lot of bump steer and you can't deny that.

The Audi has none, but the steering is less direct

Damn. Not many people know about RS2's lol...they were sick. I'll take one in Nogaro Blue anyday!

It has taken Audi awhile to eliminate the understeer becasue of the 4 link suspension they use. And although the BMW's have very direct steering, they also have a lot of bump steer and you can't deny that.

The Audi has none, but the steering is less direct

RS2.........and it's one of 6 or 7 ever built. The Factory never did a coupe but it's all OEM including the hood and lights. He even had the seats imported. CF interior........Stock except Hamman for the chip set.

Thinking aloud what would it be worth in the US?