Boxer 12 Cylinder Ferrari w/ Weber Carburetors

xknowonex

I found the Boxer, to be slightly boring. :crybaby2:

It looks super kewl, has nice power for the year, but at heart, it is actually a GT.

It is not a swipe at F cars, because the Countach also has faults.

It does not take too much, before the skinny wheels in the back, begin to break lose.

Finally, a Boxer with proper ride height, rims, fresh paint, and carbs.

:icon_super:

In my opinion (everyone has their own opinion), it makes no sense to mess with a classic.

ride height and rims etc... ?

you have all kinds of steering geometry, that now needs to be adjusted. In addition, after it becomes really firm, you have body issues.

If you want modern control, you may as well buy a modern car. 18/20 Boxer buyers, will not consider a car that has been modified this extreme.

Putting huge rubber on a classic car, and dropping the ride height, opens up other issues.

In my opinion (everyone has their own opinion), it makes no sense to mess with a classic.

ride height and rims etc... ?

you have all kinds of steering geometry, that now needs to be adjusted. In addition, after it becomes really firm, you have body issues.

If you want modern control, you may as well buy a modern car. 18/20 Boxer buyers, will not consider a car that has been modified this extreme.

Putting huge rubber on a classic car, and dropping the ride height, opens up other issues.

I wonder if Ferrari would tackle a modernization of the BB through their restoration program...something that gets factory blessing would be fine with me.

The one thing that really bothers me is those POS XWX tires that have no business being on a VW Rabbit let alone a Ferrari.

One BB I'd never touch would be a 365.

I found the Boxer, to be slightly boring. :crybaby2:

It does not take too much, before the skinny wheels in the back, begin to break lose.

Did you have the injected motor?

The carbed BB has to be one of the nicest F cars ever made.

Did you have the injected motor?

The carbed BB has to be one of the nicest F cars ever made.

injected.

I understand the factory power readings of the two motors are the same. I do realize, that the F.I. car, was rated by the factory, with approximately 20 less bhp. According to the Nichol's book, the original 360bhp rating of the Weber car, was over inflated by the factory. The factory also over inflated, the claimed top speed. You will never see 188mph in any stock Boxer.

The 365BB ? At the time, I knew of no cars available for sale in the U.S. - true story. That story, is similar with the scarce Countach autos. As the prices shoot up, all kinds of rare and scarce aluminum becomes available for sale. When the prices drop, quite a bit of the scarce aluminum, is pushed back into the garage. Nobody wants to sell a nice 365BB, for just under six figures. At 250K, quite a few people, will be happy to talk. Same situation with the LP 400. Of course, the LP 400 is worth even more.

Finally, a Boxer with proper ride height, rims, fresh paint, and carbs.

:icon_super:

Wait, pardon my ignorance, this Boxer isn't stock???