Renntech SLR Vbox Results

VBUGKING

Yes I live about 10 minutes from Mizner Park. The car did a few pulls on a Mustang Dyno at Blown By Racing.

Nice, i know the area very well. And Im also in Laguna Niguel.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I live about 10 minutes from Mizner Park. The car did a few pulls on a Mustang Dyno at Blown By Racing.

04 SL65? :eusa_think:

Both cars ride great and pull hard until 140ish, then the SL65 starts to feel floaty (really bad after 150mph), while the SLR feels rock solid up to 172 mph (highest I have had it up to so far). SLR definitely has a lot more top end acceleration.

Aaron

I had mine up to 195 mph (315 km/h) and it had float. Front end had some lift and steering was loose.

This was speedo read and not GPS verified.

I have had my 722 up to 330km/h on speedo and it felt rock solid.

407? ;)

401 dude. 407 is packed with cops

Both are great roads to do speeding actually. Beautiful, long straights; I just never noticed much cops when I was on 407. I guess I was lucky.

The advantage of 401, from what I remember, is the sheer amount of long straights with only a concrete divider: you can see on the other side at all times, no way for cops to hide. Tks for the heads-up on 407.

• 3 weeks later...

Aaron,

I'm still new to the world of SLRs, I'm assuming your mod was the Package1? Seems their Pkg2 is 18hp more, I don't see how you could feel the difference - or would the times be that much different?

Thanks for the write-up and numbers - really sinks in how much of a beast the SLR is! (I wasn't a fan, initially). The sound though, my LORD, the sound they make is unmistakable!