R8 V10 vs. Lamborghini discussion

gtelesto

Need to compare LP560 vs R8. (V8 or 10).

Not the prior G.

It can't compete with either one, though I am disappointed with the LP for it's lack of slats. Slats and louvers make an exotic car in my opinion. A journalist once said about the G, "if I threw a potato at one of the intakes, I'd expect to get french fries out the back". Exactly.

I was test-driving a car the other day at my buddy's house, and when we pulled around the corner I saw my G sitting in the driveway. It was astonishing to look at and I didn't quite believe it, compared to the rest of the scenery. What instantly went through my mind was that it was a prop of some kind. Then I realize it was my car and we were back. That's the dream, and the G passes with flying colors.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can't compete with either one, though I am disappointed with the LP for it's lack of slats. Slats and louvers make an exotic car in my opinion. A journalist once said about the G, "if I threw a potato at one of the intakes, I'd expect to get french fries out the back". Exactly.

Agreed, BUT if you were going to compare.......

The R8 is a few notches above everything else on the road when you see it alone, but a G is out of this world; it's a space ship compared to everything else (except a Countach).

I don't often realize it as a G owner because I'm so used to seeing it and living with it. If you've driven the R8, you know it's impressive and disappointing, because you know you're not responsible for the performance. I hate that. And the interior is Soooooo boring. Parked next to a G, you'd barely notice the Audi. A Plastic mess-06 looks better.

:eusa_naughty:

The car drives itself. It isn't raw.

I know if I had one and my G, I'd drive the Audi when it's raining.

And your G replies solely on you?

Try holding down the ESP button for a few second.