Got 75k to spend, what to get....360?

488ciViper

Maybe some input. I have about 75 k to spend and I was thinking about picking up a Ferrari 360 as I already have a lambo, that I absolutely love, already in my collection. My buddy owns a race fab shop and has fabricated custom turbo setups for past projects and I was going to have him fabricate a 360 with twin turbos, should be hella fun to drive. My only thing is I don't know if I like the styling of the 360, or for any Ferrari at all. They don't grab me like a lambo. The only reason it is slightly tempting is I could have an exotic that would put down some serious hp and would be a blast to drive. Any input on what to do/setup for around the same amount of money.

Hummer H1 and a Plymouth Prowler

Buy that Ferrari and you'll hate it, you'll end up going to the Lambo and never driving the Fbomb.

I don't follow the prices of used 360's at all, but isn't doshing out $75k on one pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel on one with many i$$ues to fix above and beyond modding?

Beyond that, the 360 isn't a pretty car. While it works as a CS, it is just...ugh, ugly in every other trim.

Why not tweak a used 996? Lots cheaper and more knowledge on those tweaks and on the hardware to which they are applied...plus, it's a much nicer looking car.

The 360 is...just a mess of styling cues that never mesh.

I don't follow the prices of used 360's at all, but isn't doshing out $75k on one pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel on one with many i$$ues to fix above and beyond modding?

Beyond that, the 360 isn't a pretty car. While it works as a CS, it is just...ugh, ugly in every other trim.

Why not tweak a used 996? Lots cheaper and more knowledge on those tweaks and on the hardware to which they are applied...plus, it's a much nicer looking car.

The 360 is...just a mess of styling cues that never mesh.

really, i think the 360 is a beautiful & stylish car, its very curvacious and flowing, im definately a fan. i think its a modern take on the Dino which IMO is the most beautiful car of all time.

however the 430 does look like a dogs breakfast.

i wouldn't touch a 360....

to me is a boring car, not classic and not fast, built in a million examples ....expensive to mantain and likely going down again in value

i would oltherwise consider as interesting cars and good value today:

91 diablo (veeery different from a 6.0)

FI QV or 5000S countach (may be some more $$$$ than 75j though...)

512 TR

993 TT

964 RS

964 T 3.6 liter (or turbo S....likely more expensive)

pantera GTS - GT5S (less money than 75k$, good look and many upgrades available)

I'd go with a modded 996TT, so much bang for your buck, looks great, drives good and it something else.

If you must go with a 360, Get a CS, the only good looking 360.

While I think the 360's are sweet, I have a feeling it'll be more trouble then its worth. I agree with everyone saying go for the 996TT. The possibilites are damn near endless modding those things. You can get a pretty good value, make it rediculously fast, and add a few exterior enhancements and have a sick looking car.

Lots to choose from depending on what EXACTLY you want... it seems like you have quite the stable already.

I'd much rather have the 512TR over the 360.

A newer viper would be fun.

No need for a plush DD? Wait a bit longer and you may be able to pick up a nice CGT for that. Or there's always the Maserati route.

I already have an h1 hummer. Thanks for all the feedback, one of the reasons I was looking at the 360s is because the prices of them have dropped like a rock. I will search around and do some more research. I also kind of thought about picking up a 96 or 97 viper gts ( I like the styling better than the new vipers) and putting twin turbos on it....we shall see. Thanks again to all

If you do go the 360 route, make sure it's manual. CS is a bit more than 75k.

Judging by all your cars, if it were me personally I would build a killer track car for 75k.