Converting my Gallardo to RWD

Kisco

Yes, I have searched this and I have seen a few posts. I know Sameer has done it and he loves it. I know D wiggs have done it and he loves it. But, those are both M cars and not the Gallardo.

Has anyone done it to their Gallardo and what were your feelings about it? Were the performance gains worth it? Is the car still as stable at high speeds? Does the car still handle like a dream? Would you do it all over again if you had to?

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Mr. Vroom or gforce, or I think also Monarchy. Their cars are TT'd though. Vroom and gforce converted back.

And Sameer converted back too.. I would not do it.

Wow, interesting responses. Not what I expected because when I was reading Sameer's post, it seems like he said he will never go back to AWD again. I didnt know he converted back. Hmmm....

Wow, interesting responses. Not what I expected because when I was reading Sameer's post, it seems like he said he will never go back to AWD again. I didnt know he converted back. Hmmm....

D.Wiggs is still rwd.

When did Sameer convert back? I thought he loved the RWD?

Guys, if it was not for insurance, say something were to go wrong, really wrong and the insurance company were to find out that I did the conversion, no way in hell would they pay me a cent. Otherwise I loved the conversion, it did feel lighter at higher speeds but than again which RWD car feels as planted as AWD. Kisco, I'd do the conversion and if you dont like it, put it back.

Guys, if it was not for insurance, say something were to go wrong, really wrong and the insurance company were to find out that I did the conversion, no way in hell would they pay me a cent. Otherwise I loved the conversion, it did feel lighter at higher speeds but than again which RWD car feels as planted as AWD. Kisco, I'd do the conversion and if you dont like it, put it back.

I see. Thanks for the reply, Sameer.

Try Mr. Vroom or gforce, or I think also Monarchy. Their cars are TT'd though. Vroom and gforce converted back.

we all converted back. For a TT car just FAR to much rear wheel spin.For

a stocker should be ok.

buy a ferrari... the AWD is the heart of all the lambo...

Come on, Thats not a valid reason not to do a modification. Thats like saying "buy a Supra, naturally aspirated engines is the heart of all the Lambo's..."

Besides there is the Murci R-GT (Even if it was done because of rules in GT1)

I am not TT though, and I won't be TT anytime soon, either. So what would be the disadvantages to doing this??

I am not TT though, and I won't be TT anytime soon, either. So what would be the disadvantages to doing this??

Disadvantages:

Less traction, insurance

Advantages:

More power to the ground, less weight and you can do burnouts.

Disadvantages:

Less traction, insurance

Advantages:

More power to the ground, less weight and you can do burnouts.

My biggest worry is stability and handling. Will they be compromised??

What about if I just take out the bolts to convert to RWD but not remove the parts (diff, shaft, etc.) Will that help in keeping the stability and dismiss the 'floaty' front end feel??

My biggest worry is stability and handling. Will they be compromised??

What about if I just take out the bolts to convert to RWD but not remove the parts (diff, shaft, etc.) Will that help in keeping the stability and dismiss the 'floaty' front end feel??

Surely the car will not be as planted to the ground as before but take a look at the Reiters cars, all RWD but surely they have improved handling. All the bolts stay intact, you just have to remove the front half shafts and torque tube, thats how it was for the Murcie.

Thanks, Sameer. I will make up my mind and make a decision.

Sure would be cool though to have a ~440 rwhp Gallardo.. :icon_mrgreen:

Can someone tell me what exactly takes palce when converting to RWD?? Is it removing the drive shaft, the half shaft, and the front diff?