Sv roadster

ameer

This is being advertised as an SV roadster. How many of these were built?

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find/4100_...;lCarID=1778760

I thought all roadsters were VT's and all SV's were coupes. Maybe not!

Check this out: http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/Diablo/...ster/index.html

It says that in 1998-1999, 5 SV Roadsters were produced.

What makes it an SV besides the emblem on the rear grill? Looks exactly like a regular roadster. I'd have to call that a fraud.

The "SV's" are rear wheel drive. I guess on the roadster, that would be the main difference from a VT. No "scoops" up top as on the coupe SV, since no hard top.

Beautiful car, but I almost wish they would have taken more styling cues from the SV as compared to just making a rwd roadster....

Its a regular roadster.

There were a few SV Roadsters made, but it was back int he Lamborghini mix and match days. They took a Roadster and added SV wheels, wing, etc. More along the line of "heya, wea gotta, getta ridda thesea partsa...whata do we doa?....OH, letsa put thema herea...and Luigi pass me thea bottlea wine.

the SV roadsters (real SVs) are 2wd and lighter cars

some of them also have SV front spoiler and SV rims

VERY RARE cars and therefore likely more expensive than regular roadster and almost impossible to find (i think at least 2 of the SV roadster were 99 fixed lights cars: a yellow and a blue one i know of)

p.s. i tried to find one to purchase but never had any luck ...the only one i came across was an RHD very modified one :(

I believe an original car is in Turkey. I also believe the owner has posted here before. The orange roadster.

An SV roadster, would be a real special car to own.

• 3 months later...

12 genuine SV roadsters built. Fixed headlights. At least 5 in Australia - black, navy, silver, red and yellow. The red one has SVR rear end, SE front end and VT interior.

These are pics of the actual cars. Black is in my driveway. Also driven the red and have inspected the silver.

They were commisioned special order by the Australian improter.

post-1512-1247745355_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1247746640_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1247746738_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1247746768_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1247746791_thumb.jpg

I guess they can call it what they want but there's nothing SV about it. It's a regular roadster.

:iamwithstupid: Im assuming they just took out the AWD system? seems silly to me to call it that. I like that orange one even though is kinda frankensteinish..

I only know of two SV roadsters that really look like a SV, that is the orange one posted here and a yellow one that is for sale here. All the others I've seen look like VT Roadsters

12 genuine SV roadsters built. Fixed headlights. At least 5 in Australia - black, navy, silver, red and yellow. The red one has SVR rear end, SE front end and VT interior.

These are pics of the actual cars. Black is in my driveway. Also driven the red and have inspected the silver.

Mate. you finally managed to get that Diablo Roadster you've been chasing for so long

Congratulations.

I only know of two SV roadsters that really look like a SV, that is the orange one posted here and a yellow one that is for sale here. All the others I've seen look like VT Roadsters

The orange and yellow SV roadsters both have pop up headlights, and look like a SV to me. A SV front bar, black center SV wheels, black roof, black side grills and black spoiler make them look like a real SV Roadster. Are there any other details?

The fixed headlight SV roadsters in Oz don't look very convincing at all.

• 2 months later...

I think someone photographed my car in Sydney (Pitt st) -it's the blue one. Mine is a 2000 compliance SV roadster (only 2000 model here) and I know of only one yellow 1999 SV roadster. It looks like only difference really is rear wheel drive. It is a special order from Lambo factory -true! I was told only 5 were ever made. I hope this helps.