"MED" alarm on Diablos

azlambo

My "immobilizer" function on my 1999 Diablo activates automatically every time the ignition is turned off and the door is opened.

I have to push the key fob button whenever I want to start the car................always.

I want to deactivate this function. I have the "MED" instruction booklet (if you want to call it that!) :eusa_wall:

I need to get into the "installer programming mode" by turning the ignition key on and off, 8 times..............which, after numerous tries, I cannot

get it to go into this mode. I CAN get into the "user programming mode", but cannot access the "immobilizer" function from this mode.

Another Diablo owner tried to access the "installer programming mode" on his car, and he cannot do it either.

We can both get into the "user programming mode" which is done by turning the ignition key on and off, 4 times.

On his car, the "immobilizer" is only activated when setting the alarm, and de-activates when deactivating the alarm.

On mine, even after deactivating the alarm, and getting into the car, I have the push the key fob button again to get the car to start.

I have e-mailed the "MED" info e-mail address, and hopefully will get a response.

Anybody have any clues? Italian electronics.........don't you just love it.........not! :eusa_think:

Underneath the coolant tank (right corner of engine compartment up by rear glass) are the fuel filters,attached to them are the MED fuel shut off valves ,remove them and your immobizer system is disabled, they should come off and just attach fuel line to fuel filter inlet. Ready to Rock Lambotech2, Have a Good Day

Underneath the coolant tank (right corner of engine compartment up by rear glass) are the fuel filters,attached to them are the MED fuel shut off valves ,remove them and your immobizer system is disabled, they should come off and just attach fuel line to fuel filter inlet. Ready to Rock Lambotech2, Have a Good Day

I still want the "immobilizer" system to work, but only when I set the alarm. I want it to be "deactivated" when I

push the key fob to "deactivate" the alarm.

Currently, even after I "deactivate" the alarm, and open the door, I have to push the key fob again before starting the car, since the immobilizer always seems to be active.

Jeff,

Didn't you say your starter gets immobilized as well as the fuel. Now we know where the fuel units are what about the starter immobilizer? Mine all works just in case of a failure you want to know where to disconnect these.

Everything works on your car you just don't want to have to press the fob every time you go start the car even though you didn't activate the alarm.

The stndard setting is like on my car where if you don't activate the alram you can just get in anytime and fire the car up without doing anything. Other way is a PIA that you have to press the fob no matter what to start it.

Jeff,

Didn't you say your starter gets immobilized as well as the fuel. Now we know where the fuel units are what about the starter immobilizer? Mine all works just in case of a failure you want to know where to disconnect these.

Everything works on your car you just don't want to have to press the fob every time you go start the car even though you didn't activate the alarm.

The stndard setting is like on my car where if you don't activate the alram you can just get in anytime and fire the car up without doing anything. Other way is a PIA that you have to press the fob no matter what to start it.

You are correct, sir! Hopefully, you or I will find out something! :icon_thumleft:

You are correct, sir! Hopefully, you or I will find out something! :icon_thumleft:

It is quite possibly the worst alarm ever, on par with Lotus which has almost the identical BS you have to do to get the car started after deactivating the alarm. As far as i know there is no way to alter the way the immobilizer functions as I have a 99 as well and it was pure pain to simply get the english version of the MED manual.

If you hear back from them let me know, that way I can mark the day hell froze over.

It is quite possibly the worst alarm ever, on par with Lotus which has almost the identical BS you have to do to get the car started after deactivating the alarm. As far as i know there is no way to alter the way the immobilizer functions as I have a 99 as well and it was pure pain to simply get the english version of the MED manual.

If you hear back from them let me know, that way I can mark the day hell froze over.

Hell just froze over! :icon_super:

After about 5 e-mails back and forth to MED, and having them tell me I would have to contact Lamborghini directly for any of my MED problems, I finally got a possible answer. I haven't tried it yet, but I will tonight.

Evidently, in order to get into the "installer programming mode", you have to turn the key on-off TEN (10) times, instead of 8 times, as printed in the instruction manual that's available on-line:

http://www.medautomotive.it/univ/uploads/M...ONAMENTO_EN.pdf

It must have been a mis-print. :eusa_wall: I will check it out tonight. Supposedly, if I turn the key on-off 10 times, then push the remote button 17 times, I will have dis-abled the "automatic setting of the immobilizer".

We shall see! :eusa_think:

Don't ask me how, but my 99SV works differently. I only have to deactivate the alarm if I lock the doors and activate the alarm. Just stopping and getting out, etc, I do not need to hit the alarm button to restart the car. So, there must be a way around it for you guys.

Don't ask me how, but my 99SV works differently. I only have to deactivate the alarm if I lock the doors and activate the alarm. Just stopping and getting out, etc, I do not need to hit the alarm button to restart the car. So, there must be a way around it for you guys.

The new method worked!!!!!!!!! :icon_super: The instruction manual was wrong. :eusa_wall: You have to turn the key on-off 10 times to get into the "installer programming mode". Then, I pushed the remote button 17 times, to make the "immobilizer" only active when I lock the doors and set the alarm, and de-active when I press the remote again to unlock the doors and de-activate the alarm. This is supposed to be the "standard" setting, which most Diablo owners seem to have. I would have to push the remote button a second time, after unlocking the doors and de-activating the alarm, and entering the car, in order to start the car.....which was a PITA.

According to the instruction manual, European cars HAD to have the "automatic immobilizer settting" because of some directive. Maybe my car got the European setting by mistake. :eusa_think:

Anyway, problem solved. :icon_thumleft:

The new method worked!!!!!!!!! :icon_super: The instruction manual was wrong. :eusa_wall: You have to turn the key on-off 10 times to get into the "installer programming mode". Then, I pushed the remote button 17 times, to make the "immobilizer" only active when I lock the doors and set the alarm, and de-active when I press the remote again to unlock the doors and de-activate the alarm. This is supposed to be the "standard" setting, which most Diablo owners seem to have. I would have to push the remote button a second time, after unlocking the doors and de-activating the alarm, and entering the car, in order to start the car.....which was a PITA.

According to the instruction manual, European cars HAD to have the "automatic immobilizer settting" because of some directive. Maybe my car got the European setting by mistake. :eusa_think:

Congrats... Good news and info.

Thank you!! Just tried this on my Murci and it worked.

I never knew that you could bypass this- I always thought it was set in stone. And I always thought it was the biggest fcuking annoyance in the world on my Murci! Great to know now that I've sold it. LOL You should go play the lottery because I've tried to deal with that company before and it's like talking to a brick wall.

Kevin,

Yes most of the cars that went through LOC we shut this off as it used to drive us crazy.....I feel the MED system is a great system, you just have to understand that it has multiple layers of protection, which is what you want if someone is trying to steal your car without the use of a flat-bed. Keep in mind that Lamborghini uses this system worldwide due to the fact that in Europe the regulations are much different and a manufacture can be held responsible for a portion of your vehicle loss if stolen. Yes the system is somewhat difficult to service, but it is effective and I believe that is the point.

Grant

• 2 years later...

well i tried it on my friends 6.0 and did not work for me.i turned the key 10 times than pushed button 17 xs it did alot of chirping and locking doors but at the end it was the same need to push 2 xs before the car starts.did i do something wrong?

thanks