Sp Dynoes the JOTA

Allan-Herbie

nice output

it would be great to see what a regular SE30 makes on the same dyno and if it is any better than a regular 5.7

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds ferocious, I love it really but I expected more power from the JOTA kit installed

sounds ferocious, I love it really but I expected more power from the JOTA kit installed

Actually, it seems right on. If i recall correctly, Alex's stock 6.0 dynoed 430 RWHP on that same dyno. A stock 6.0 is rated 550 hp, and the Jota put out 18 rwhp more, translating to something like 575 hp at the flywheel, assuming the loss is the same. The remaining 20 hp can perfectly well come from the pressure tray at high speeds.

LOL!!

I'm still thinking. I haven't consumed enough Bombay Sapphire yet to make the correct decision!

Its such an unstable market right now, there are some really great choices and opportunities.

LOL!!

I'm still thinking. I haven't consumed enough Bombay Sapphire

:icon_thumleft:

LOL!!

I'm still thinking. I haven't consumed enough Bombay Sapphire yet to make the correct decision!

Its such an unstable market right now, there are some really great choices and opportunities.

Stop drinking/thinking my friend :drunk: :icon_thumleft:

LOL!!

Stop drinking/thinking my friend :drunk: :icon_thumleft:

post-9294-1238716547_thumb.jpg

Actually, it seems right on. If i recall correctly, Alex's stock 6.0 dynoed 430 RWHP on that same dyno. A stock 6.0 is rated 550 hp, and the Jota put out 18 rwhp more, translating to something like 575 hp at the flywheel, assuming the loss is the same. The remaining 20 hp can perfectly well come from the pressure tray at high speeds.

:iamwithstupid:

And I'm about to have a good therapy session with him in just moments!! So anything I post the rest of the night is on the good Dr.'s advice!!!

• 3 weeks later...
WHP???

So the Jota delivered 575 crank hp??

more or less, counting some more hp tks to "ram air": YES

• 9 months later...
So Jota faster than Murcie by some margin taking power to weight, aero, etc....

yes, i think it is

keep in mind the jota engine is almost a racer for power delivery etc... and not really suited for the road, traffic, etc

to me a jota is the perfect once in a weeck fun machine :icon_super:

To be honest, the car will idle around town without any problem at all. The only problem you face is that there is no rear vision with the added intakes.

It is only after about 60mph that you can really start to feel the added power. Over 100mph and its a huge difference.

To be honest, the car will idle around town without any problem at all. The only problem you face is that there is no rear vision with the added intakes.

It is only after about 60mph that you can really start to feel the added power. Over 100mph and its a huge difference.

Your shits slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :icon_thumleft:

The reason my car is faster than yours is cause before it was being sold, I actually DROVE it!!! Its easier being fast when the other cars is sitting in the garage!!!!!! :eusa_dance:

And if Deuce is driving it, why the hell doesn't he buy it?

yes, i think it is

keep in mind the jota engine is almost a racer for power delivery etc... and not really suited for the road, traffic, etc

to me a jota is the perfect once in a weeck fun machine :icon_super:

I dont understand? It's only a slight rework over the standard block, no? How would it compare to the 6.0 in power delivery? I was always under the impression that drivability was usually lost on cars with heavily reworked cams, turbos, bore, clutches etc....

What does the Jota idle at...1400 ?

The block is the same.

The top end is totally different. The cams are not that much hotter either. The power comes from the positive boost pressure using forced induction, extra throttle bodies etc.