LM002 pickup version

cowchaser

Many thanks for sharing these, it's really interesting to see how the whole car looks at last. It is difficult to know if it is the Countach or the Diablo engined version of the LM002 as the hood scoops appear quite high, but perhaps not high enough for the Countach engine. What was the publication the images appeared in?

From looking at the hood it should have the Carb Countach motor.

There was a small sidenote on the article indicating 1988. Not sure what was the original magazine since the article was cut from the magazine.

I'm now beginning to find that this box I received by mail from an old school Lambo enthousiast is a real treasure cove with Lamo info... so much fun to browse through all these pieces of paper collected in the course of over 30 years...

And yeah Rhyno is right, it's obvious by looking at the front bonnet that it's the Carbed version.

Coming up next.... did you guys ever hear about the LM002 wagon ? Of course we've seen the Brunei special edition that's now for sale but it seems Lamborghini actually developped and built a wagon version.....

There was a small sidenote on the article indicating 1988. Not sure what was the original magazine since the article was cut from the magazine.

I'm now beginning to find that this box I received by mail from an old school Lambo enthousiast is a real treasure cove with Lamo info... so much fun to browse through all these pieces of paper collected in the course of over 30 years...

And yeah Rhyno is right, it's obvious by looking at the front bonnet that it's the Carbed version.

Coming up next.... did you guys ever hear about the LM002 wagon ? Of course we've seen the Brunei special edition that's now for sale but it seems Lamborghini actually developped and built a wagon version.....

I think there were actually three LM002 waggons built. One is green, and resides in South Africa, then there is the silver one which is featured on this thread, and I believe there is also a white one on the Middle East somewhere. I don't think Lamborghini actually built these speacials, but they were converted by an Italian coachbuilder later on. I have photos of the white car being built, but unfortunately they are in storage back in my native New Zealand, rather than with me here in England, so I won't be able to put them up. Any further input about these cars is most welcome, as I particularly like the specials and one-offs. I've been luck enough to have seen the 350GTV, 350GTZ, Marzel, (which I've sat in), Athon, Genesis, and the Flying Star II, which I also drove briefly. Anyone know where the 350GTZ is now?

those are all the same wagon car.. the brunei car...the color was changed .. i know for a fact there isnt one in the middle east... there are a few with there tops chopped of localy done.. for hunting reasons. but most if not all have rotted away by now...

those are all the same wagon car.. the brunei car...the color was changed .. i know for a fact there isnt one in the middle east... there are a few with there tops chopped of localy done.. for hunting reasons. but most if not all have rotted away by now...

Too bad, too bad.... :(

No respect for automotive history... and that's an understatement....

I think there were actually three LM002 waggons built. One is green, and resides in South Africa, then there is the silver one which is featured on this thread, and I believe there is also a white one on the Middle East somewhere.

I think abunawafff is right that there is just one waggon, because im almost sure the waggon was Green when it was in Burnei and now the same car is silver.

I've been luck enough to have seen the 350GTV, 350GTZ, Marzel, (which I've sat in), Athon, Genesis, and the Flying Star II, which I also drove briefly.

:icon_super:

I think abunawafff is right that there is just one waggon, because im almost sure the waggon was Green when it was in Burnei and now the same car is silver.

:icon_super:

You mean this one will be the only one? :icon_mrgreen:

eba5_1.JPG ee3a_1.JPG

You mean this one will be the only one? :icon_mrgreen:

eba5_1.JPG ee3a_1.JPG

Yes! :-) (see modelcar thread also)

Im a little bit confused now becuase when you look at the green car at the ILR home page, it has the same roofline as the 1/43 model abowe, which the silver car thats for sale now dont have, so there are at least 2 waggon out there?

any one have a link to the silver one for sale??

this car wasnt modified by lambo fro the sultan.. a second party did it for him.. the sultan specificaly had the care with some mercedes interior stuff like the seats done for his car..

im still sticking with there is only one out there..

You may well be right, cars move around and Lamborghinis are international commodities after all. However, whether there is one, or more than one, there was definitely a green LM002 waggon in South Africa in the 1990s, as it was registered there and attended club events. I will see if I can dig out the photos of it, but I fear they may be in storage in New Zealand. Anyone else got some piccies of the car in SA?

so we can assume that the LWB LM002 went trough this 3 phases...

when delivered to the midle eastern client

post_1321_1239753965.jpg

when in South Africa

PDY855Tb.jpg

in UK/Germany

post_6543_1239801869.jpg

The man from who i bought the LM Brunei in 1/43 send me this morning the photo of the 2 other model he have, the white one and the silver one. You can see that the white one is different regarding the roof! The silver model as the roof like in the photo of the real silver one, but the white has a quit higher roof... i don't know if it's the same for the real car, but looking at the silver and green one, it seem's that it's the case... so 1 model that receive 2 modifications or really 3 different models?

th_54925_LM_white1_122_706lo.JPG th_54931_LM_white2_122_772lo.JPG th_54936_LM_white3_122_599lo.JPG

th_54911_LM_silver1_122_797lo.JPG th_54912_LM_silver2_122_1095lo.JPG th_54918_LM_silver3_122_714lo.JPG th_54923_LM_silver4_122_13lo.JPG

He tell me also that he will do the pick-up version soon ;)

new question.. my lm is a 86 car, and main problem with these cars is the gas tank is under the rear seat.. and the lm's usualy reak of gass smell... in the america versions the tank was moved out into the rear outdoor seating area....

so in short i wonder were they put the tank in this car?? and im sure its not as big as the one in the normal lms