Diablo Sound System

panterauffe

I was not fortunate enough to get the big music package in my car, hence no Bass just the original Alpine door speakers and the small tweeters up on the dash.

I don´t know of anyone near me with a car that has the optional sub factory mounted and would so appreciate any pictures of this and input on weather it actually works.

Would like to do a similar setup but with modern stuff and am not to keen on hacking away to much of the originality of the car.

So, pic´s of original setup AND maybe a few of some other sound solutions in Diablos, greatly appreciated

you can do way better by going to a custom audio place and having them do their work. The factory crap came with one woofer behind the seat which is muffled.

panterauffe,

I see a wedge shaped box behind the driver's seat in your avatar. I think there should be a subwoofer already in it.

Get new exhaust. There's your stereo! :P

hahaha, this is true... but I just put about a 1000 miles on it this past weekend going to a track meet in Norway and after a while you really could use some tunes you know.

So I would still like to see what the installation looked like from factory and also if you had your cars proffessionaly done in some audio store, I could use some inspiration and great ideas from you guys

panterauffe,

I see a wedge shaped box behind the driver's seat in your avatar. I think there should be a subwoofer already in it.

Don´t all cars have this box? There´s no sound from it and no visible speaker and When I open the top of it there´s just a little storage space, mind you it´s a lot more shallow than on the passenger side... hmm, must check this out

This is why I want some pics of someones car WITH the speaker

Don´t all cars have this box? There´s no sound from it and no visible speaker and When I open the top of it there´s just a little storage space, mind you it´s a lot more shallow than on the passenger side... hmm, must check this out

This is why I want some pics of someones car WITH the speaker

I have an (aftermarket) sub behind the drivers seat. Amplifiers behind the passenger seat.

Door speakers upgraded.

Had to redo the wiring after I got the car the Texas company that installed it did a lousy job in wiring everything up...

I installed this 4 years ago, I never use it. the sound from the engine is enough for me.

DSCN0167.JPG

DSCN0155.JPG

DSCN0154.JPG

That "earthquake" sub looks like it does what the name implies! LOL

I'm not the resident audio expert, but I know enough to be dangerous. I would simply replace the stock speakers with same sized upgrades, Focal or something. As far as head units go you can go as wild as you want, but I still prefer the classy Mcintosh head units - if not for the quality but mainly the looks!

I would suggest you look into Hertz speakers. They work great and are Italian made excellent quality and drop right in the Lambos.

I would suggest you look into Hertz speakers. They work great and are Italian made excellent quality and drop right in the Lambos.

Never heard of them... they have a www? And do they also do subs?

I believe 8" round. I'll try to dig up my factory original and what I replaced it with. I will give you my two cents though, unless you're going to keep this car for a very long time, don't bother. You're throwing your money away trying to upgrade the Diablo's stereo. Enjoy the sound of the engine.