Progress pictures of Alex's Superleggera build

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the car is complete and on it's way back to California. We had hoped to get this beast to the drag strip before it left but the continuous terrential Florida summer downpours would not allow it. Here is a shot of the completed engine compartment. Alex is in the process of making carbon fiber engine compartment panels for the Superleggera now.

DSC02572f.jpg

The black finish is the perfect compliment to the Superleggera in my opinion.

We made a few preliminary pulls and then decided to see what it would make on 20 pounds of boost.

scan0027.jpg

Everyone was pretty happy to see this so we unstrapped it and headed out for a drive. This thing is incredibly fun!

DSC02571.JPG

We'll stay on Alex to get us some video of this monster in action once it gets home. Thanks for the interest in this build. I hope this was able to provide some useful information.

From the black finished pipes /turbo's to the non-red/blue fittings...You could easily be fooled in thinking that set up came direct from the factory.

Well, the car is complete and on it's way back to California. We had hoped to get this beast to the drag strip before it left but the continuous terrential Florida summer downpours would not allow it. Here is a shot of the completed engine compartment. Alex is in the process of making carbon fiber engine compartment panels for the Superleggera now.

DSC02572f.jpg

The black finish is the perfect compliment to the Superleggera in my opinion.

We made a few preliminary pulls and then decided to see what it would make on 20 pounds of boost.

scan0027.jpg

Everyone was pretty happy to see this so we unstrapped it and headed out for a drive. This thing is incredibly fun!

DSC02571.JPG

We'll stay on Alex to get us some video of this monster in action once it gets home. Thanks for the interest in this build. I hope this was able to provide some useful information.

Very Very Nice !!

Great Numbers and a Very Clean looking build !

:icon_thumleft:

Wow what a fantastic job Jason!

China man, make sure you use the brakes ok!!!!!!

Currently installing these Swift springs and some new shoes. These are a different spring rate than the other install on the Yellow SL. I'll have some more images later on today.

SW.jpg

VR1.jpg

VR2.jpg

VR3.jpg

I am scared to see what wheels are going on there :crybaby2:

haha don't be scared. No cheap heavy wheels that will break here at SP!

Eugene @ SP Engineering

I am scared to see what wheels are going on there :crybaby2:

haaa haaaa wait and learn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex

Wheels are bad ass. If only there was an alternative front end treatment befitting this car... :eusa_think:

hmmmmmmm :eusa_think: ha ha ha

alex

fcuking Hot!!! I am just used to Rays ricer wheels that look like complete ass. Those look great, especially in 20's