• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the new seats in the 2010's from the E class they now use in the G

4910932_18.jpg

4910932_22.jpg

4910932_19.jpg

While the seats do look "improved"... after looking at the 2010 RR S/C at the dealer Friday I must say that thing is fcuking sick! Interior, dash, fit finish and everything is amazing. Yes the G55 is more of the hardcore fcuk you type of car but you spend your time INSIDE the car and I must say I would chose the RR over the G55. Also you can get some pretty sick color combos on the interior of the RR. The black/red is sick and also the white with black piping is real tight. But my RRS S/C has white now and I must say it takes some work to keep clean as a DD. Just my .02 and good luck with your search Rob.

While the seats do look "improved"... after looking at the 2010 RR S/C at the dealer Friday I must say that thing is fcuking sick! Interior, dash, fit finish and everything is amazing. Yes the G55 is more of the hardcore fcuk you type of car but you spend your time INSIDE the car and I must say I would chose the RR over the G55. Also you can get some pretty sick color combos on the interior of the RR. The black/red is sick and also the white with black piping is real tight. But my RRS S/C has white now and I must say it takes some work to keep clean as a DD. Just my .02 and good luck with your search Rob.

Yup. Interior on the G is way shit for what it costs.

Thank god I bought a civic for you so you dont have to worry about dirtying your seats anymore! HAHA :icon_thumleft:

Thank god I bought a civic for you so you dont have to worry about dirtying your seats anymore! HAHA :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the early Xmas gift! Vic is going well.

Guest skokos

So a few weeks back I called a dealer and told him I wanted to come check out a G55 they had,take it for a drive etc..The guy says GREAT! Come on in,we will take it for a spin etc...I tell him I can come in that Tuesday. Tuesday comes,I call to confirm the car is still there and hes says yes it is are you still coming in? I tell him I am.

I drive 35 minutes away to the dealership

I get there,some dorky overzealous salesman pops out and says HEY are you Rob?? Yup..

Ok well lets go take a look at that G55,Now I cant let you in the car because we sold it last week...but we can take a look.

I stop walking and say "You sold it last week?" Yes we did..

"Well when I called you it was sunday and I told you I was coming into too look at it and drive it,if you sold it last week how were you planning on me doing that?" He says Weeeeell,We have a new one coming in shortly and thought you might be interested in that one. I said "Not a chance,Ill be headed somewhere else to look for a car" and left.

The sleazy little fcuk had me drive down knowing damn well that he didnt have a car available just to see if he could get me to put a deposit on a incoming car they had.

SO I drove to the other Mercedes dealer in salt lake and walked right on to the lot,was able to check out a black one they had there and the dealer was more then gracious.

short summary: I love the noise,I love the weight of the vehicle and how planted it feels to the road for such a big truck. The new gauges look much better then the 05-07's but as far as the rest of the interior goes its kind of dull. Its a purpose built vehicle though and I knew what I was looking at so I wasnt to dissapointed.

I like the way the doors sound like a vault when they close and I dont think I could feel more safe inside any other car.

The acceleration is damn quick,the supercharger really kicks after 3000 rpm.

Not much else to say,Ive driven them before and like them very much. I cant tell any difference between the 507hp engine and the 479 hp engine.

ANYWAY,So a couple days after the guy from the first dealer calls me and says "Hey I was wondering how your search was going?" I tell him Im not interested in his incoming car and Ive found a white one I like. He ask me where the car is,how much it is etc and if he could find a local car for less would I be interested?

I tell him yes and quickly get off the phone because I doubt he will find anything.

Next day he calls me back and tells me he has found a LOCAL guy with a white 08 with 30k miles for 87.900k

He reiterates that that is the price he HAS TO HAVE for the car at least 3 times.

and then he says "The seller needs a $1000 deposit to bring the car in to have me look at it"

1st RED FLAG. This guy wants to sell me his car but needs a $1000 deposit for me to even look at it?

I tell him Ill consider it and call him back...before I get off the phone he says the typical salesman bullshit "Well I would advise you to hurry because white G55s are rare and this wont sit around long"

I think to myself: Wont sit around long? I thought this was a private owner who they had called and that means its not for sale anywhere,just that the guy would be interested in selling it.

So I hang up and as Im driving home Im thinking to myself "White G55 with 30,000 miles for 87,900? Sounds REALLY familiar" I got home,hopped on ebay and here was a White G55 with 30,000 miles for 87,900 for sale at a dealer in Illinois!!! WTF. I knew I that car sounded familar,the stupid salesman wanted a $1000 deposit so they would purchase the car and bring it in based on me wanting the car.

I hate people who are dishonest. SO fcuk him and the search continues

I saw that one on ebay as well. Not many whites around used but that was way overpriced for 30k miles. I agree about the interior compared to the Rover (I currently have a westminster) but the total package to me blows away the rover. If you get a white one you will have a very unique vehicle that you will almost never see. I see a black RRover every 2 minutes and it gets old. All the gadgets in the new one are cool but when the damn thing loses 50k in a year it aint so cool! Hold out for what you want and you will find it but for white low mile good price you will need to jump quickly!

I saw that one on ebay as well. Not many whites around used but that was way overpriced for 30k miles. I agree about the interior compared to the Rover (I currently have a westminster) but the total package to me blows away the rover. If you get a white one you will have a very unique vehicle that you will almost never see. I see a black RRover every 2 minutes and it gets old. All the gadgets in the new one are cool but when the damn thing loses 50k in a year it aint so cool! Hold out for what you want and you will find it but for white low mile good price you will need to jump quickly!

Uhhhh....have you ever seen mercedes depreciation?!?!?!!?

So a few weeks back I called a dealer and told him I wanted to come check out a G55 they had,take it for a drive etc..The guy says GREAT! Come on in,we will take it for a spin etc...I tell him I can come in that Tuesday. Tuesday comes,I call to confirm the car is still there and hes says yes it is are you still coming in? I tell him I am.

I drive 35 minutes away to the dealership

I get there,some dorky overzealous salesman pops out and says HEY are you Rob?? Yup..

Ok well lets go take a look at that G55,Now I cant let you in the car because we sold it last week...but we can take a look.

I stop walking and say "You sold it last week?" Yes we did..

"Well when I called you it was sunday and I told you I was coming into too look at it and drive it,if you sold it last week how were you planning on me doing that?" He says Weeeeell,We have a new one coming in shortly and thought you might be interested in that one. I said "Not a chance,Ill be headed somewhere else to look for a car" and left.

The sleazy little fcuk had me drive down knowing damn well that he didnt have a car available just to see if he could get me to put a deposit on a incoming car they had.

SO I drove to the other Mercedes dealer in salt lake and walked right on to the lot,was able to check out a black one they had there and the dealer was more then gracious.

short summary: I love the noise,I love the weight of the vehicle and how planted it feels to the road for such a big truck. The new gauges look much better then the 05-07's but as far as the rest of the interior goes its kind of dull. Its a purpose built vehicle though and I knew what I was looking at so I wasnt to dissapointed.

I like the way the doors sound like a vault when they close and I dont think I could feel more safe inside any other car.

The acceleration is damn quick,the supercharger really kicks after 3000 rpm.

Not much else to say,Ive driven them before and like them very much. I cant tell any difference between the 507hp engine and the 479 hp engine.

ANYWAY,So a couple days after the guy from the first dealer calls me and says "Hey I was wondering how your search was going?" I tell him Im not interested in his incoming car and Ive found a white one I like. He ask me where the car is,how much it is etc and if he could find a local car for less would I be interested?

I tell him yes and quickly get off the phone because I doubt he will find anything.

Next day he calls me back and tells me he has found a LOCAL guy with a white 08 with 30k miles for 87.900k

He reiterates that that is the price he HAS TO HAVE for the car at least 3 times.

and then he says "The seller needs a $1000 deposit to bring the car in to have me look at it"

1st RED FLAG. This guy wants to sell me his car but needs a $1000 deposit for me to even look at it?

I tell him Ill consider it and call him back...before I get off the phone he says the typical salesman bullshit "Well I would advise you to hurry because white G55s are rare and this wont sit around long"

I think to myself: Wont sit around long? I thought this was a private owner who they had called and that means its not for sale anywhere,just that the guy would be interested in selling it.

So I hang up and as Im driving home Im thinking to myself "White G55 with 30,000 miles for 87,900? Sounds REALLY familiar" I got home,hopped on ebay and here was a White G55 with 30,000 miles for 87,900 for sale at a dealer in Illinois!!! WTF. I knew I that car sounded familar,the stupid salesman wanted a $1000 deposit so they would purchase the car and bring it in based on me wanting the car.

I hate people who are dishonest. SO fcuk him and the search continues

Oh, and thank you for the write up Rob. Im with you, when the sales men are total cock suckers like that, I dont want to give them an ounce of my business. Funny thing is, they usually ARE NOT car guys at all and a non car guy trying to outwit a car guy never ends good for the non car guy.

Oh, and thank you for the write up Rob. Im with you, when the sales men are total cock suckers like that, I dont want to give them an ounce of my business. Funny thing is, they usually ARE NOT car guys at all and a non car guy trying to outwit a car guy never ends good for the non car guy.

Wow what a shock! Another fcuking idiot salesman! These guys really humor me at times. Really makes me wonder how their normal clientele deal with them.

Wow what a shock! Another fcuking idiot salesman! These guys really humor me at times. Really makes me wonder how their normal clientele deal with them.

Really makes you appreciate the sales men who pull a brand new black 997 Twin Turbo off the show room floor, then tell 2 25 year olds to go have fun and he will be waiting for them whenever they get back!! Thats how you fcuking move a car!

Mercedes depreciation, especially AMG stuff is terrible and I have had the pleasure to be hit by it numerous times but the G55 is a different deal compared to lux SUV's. A 2006 G55 is still close to 70k vs. a similar msrp 06 Range Rover supercharged is in the 40's.

Guest skokos

As juice it said typically yes,but because of the small number of G55'S built every year the G's hold there value MUCH better then typical mercedes.

25 0r 30 k over 5 or 6 years is no where near Range Rover depreciation

Thats how I felt. I could care less if the guy had the exact car I would like I wouldnt give the little prick my business.

And yes,I ALWAYS feel like im educating the salesman. Just last week I was telling a salesman about a designo interior thats offered in europe to try to find out about US availability and you could tell he didnt believe me and I said ive got the photos right here,I email them to you while were on the phone LOL

Im always correcting stats and figures to during conversations.

What kind of colour are you looking for Rob, does it have to be white?

White or black...to many silvers around.

The black one that was posted looks cool but I dont want to pay 60 k for a car with 50,000 miles on it. I might as well spend more and have a newer lower milage car.

Im still not 100% on what I want but I am leaning this way.

I know this throws us completely off subject but I found a modded low mileage,blacked out Gemballa Cayenne turbo for a great price the other day LOL

I guess there is lots of options but I feel ill be getting something soon

Guest skokos
Really makes you appreciate the sales men who pull a brand new black 997 Twin Turbo off the show room floor, then tell 2 25 year olds to go have fun and he will be waiting for them whenever they get back!! Thats how you fcuking move a car!

I love shit like that,reminds me of this

I love shit like that,reminds me of this

Hahaha priceless scene and a great gesture by our salesman. He wasnt a car guy but understood his role and made out well. Unlike your recent G55 salesman and like many other salesman I have dealt with.

Rob's story reminds me of the time I was looking for a specific car. I called a local dealer, the salesman says he's looking at one right there on his showroom floor. I drive right over, and it's not there. They guy says he knows "it's around here somewhere" and proceeds to drive us around the lot on his golf cart. It was quickly evident they didn't have the car at all. I was pissed and told him off and left.

The worst salesman I've encountered, though, was one in SLC. I was very interested in a really nice black F250 4x4 he had on the lot, but after the test drive, he starts on the whole "what do you want your payments to be" crap. I kept asking what the price of the truck was so we could start the negotiations from there and he wouldn't tell me. Then he says - I shit you not - "I don't have to sell you this truck". I laughed and told him not to worry, he wouldn't and left.