LED front park lights for Gallardo

wildkalabaw

Porsche 997 turbo, and Audi A5 started it.

And now it trickled down to all Porsche models and almost all Audis,

even the new MB now has it.

If somebody can develop this mod for the front of Gallardo, I'll be the first one in line.

It can work as daylight LED/parking lights, since the US spec G car has no functioning parklight.

It will solve the problem of choosing between headlight or no light.

It should integrate with the bumper, preferably into the radiator grills of RSC/ LP 560

Can somebody photo shop a G with an LED front parklight Porsche/audi style?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone were interested into starting something of this sort, might as well take it one step further and come up with a set of LED taillights for the G. (One that might micmic that of the LP560's.) If done right, I guarantee you would have at least 15 buyers immediately. Something like this was discussed a while back but unfortunately didn't go anywhere.

If anyone has a wiring diagram for the G, I think I can come up with something for the front option, but I won't start hacking into the electrics without a diagram and I cannot seem to source one. Anyone able to help?

As far as the rears go, I keep looking for some tailights to play with, if anyone knows of some from a broken car, so long as the red lenses are mostly intact I would like to have a play and see if I can come up with something.

I thought about this, every time I see a new Audi go down the road. I'm surprised no one is saying "go get a damn Audi" then. I've got the led strips here. Maybe I'll throw a set on and see how it looks.

Obviously you can imagine these leds encased in a professional plastic enclosure possibly smoked a tad and mounted either infront or behind the grille.

post-12255-1245008804_thumb.jpg

post-12255-1245008814_thumb.jpg

post-12255-1245008824_thumb.jpg

Enginyr, are those LED flexible? I meant is the board flexible? If so, would red LEDs work too? If so, taillight...hmmm...

Yeah I know it's more complex on taillights than just a row of white LEDs in front but you catch my drift I'm sure.

Enginyr, are those LED flexible? I meant is the board flexible? If so, would red LEDs work too? If so, taillight...hmmm...

Yeah I know it's more complex on taillights than just a row of white LEDs in front but you catch my drift I'm sure.

The circuit board itself is not flexible but there are versions out there that are flexible.

These led's come in groups of 3 or 4 and you can just plug them into each other to extend / reduce.

as for being red, very simple in the front but pretty complex if you followed the other thread where we tried to get tail lights made to look more like the lp560.

This kit could VERY easily be done rather inexpensively. What would be nice if we could hook up these lights to the switch on our main switch plate that does nothing for usa cars. I think its for euro fogs or something.

I'd be up for a set of LED front and rear.

The circuit board itself is not flexible but there are versions out there that are flexible.

These led's come in groups of 3 or 4 and you can just plug them into each other to extend / reduce.

as for being red, very simple in the front but pretty complex if you followed the other thread where we tried to get tail lights made to look more like the lp560.

This kit could VERY easily be done rather inexpensively. What would be nice if we could hook up these lights to the switch on our main switch plate that does nothing for usa cars. I think its for euro fogs or something.

Thanks enginyr for the reply. I concur the electronics themselves are actually fairly easy --- even if we integrate red LEDs for taillights & brake lights; white LEDs for reverse & amber LEDs for signal. It's the housing of the taillights that's going to be expensive & difficult. Sorry to go OT but now that the 560 bumper is a reality (finally), someone should really look into improving the rear light cluster for the G.

Someone here on LP did the front white LEDs on a black murcie I believe...I tried searching for the post and had no luck as usual. Can someone dig that up? And is this possible to do for the Gallardo? enginyr, get to work :)

Behind the grilles I could build a kit for about $100ish and it would work for both gallardo and lp560. In front of the grilles (like the new porsche) would run in the $500 a set assuming we got 20 people in on it.

With the "Behind the grille", I could machine some aluminum brackets to mount the LED rails. Leds are water tight and this is low voltage so we really wouldn't need much in terms of keeping it safe.

Behind the grilles I could build a kit for about $100ish and it would work for both gallardo and lp560. In front of the grilles (like the new porsche) would run in the $500 a set assuming we got 20 people in on it.

With the "Behind the grille", I could machine some aluminum brackets to mount the LED rails. Leds are water tight and this is low voltage so we really wouldn't need much in terms of keeping it safe.

I'm in, whichever of the two sets you/we decide to go for!

looks like this car from singapore already has it in the headlights

3617012204_f5bdb314af_o.jpg

and another

3222313707_3821639056_o.jpg

something you can work off of as a template. ie remove the leds whereever

lp560leds.jpg

Now this could be done the easiest along with having the flaps come up when you turned a switch to have your head light washers come on. Except disable the water pump to the headlight washers of course.

post-12255-1245100586_thumb.jpg