LED front park lights for Gallardo

wildkalabaw

that is kind of cool. it would be nice if somehow you can find a cover that is black but translucent so the leds are not noticeable until at night when they are on

lp560led2.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is kind of cool. it would be nice if somehow you can find a cover that is black but translucent so the leds are not noticeable until at night when they are on

lp560led2.jpg

I agree!

lp560led2.jpg

This version hits it on the spot. it is well integrated.

Also we don't want the LED's to be more than 5 pieces for proper spacing, and more factory look.

Let's go for it!

This version hits it on the spot. it is well integrated.

Also we don't want the LED's to be more than 5 pieces for proper spacing, and more factory look.

Let's go for it!

I'll get to work designing this.

You might want to incorporate single theme colors to the leds.....

But before you'all go crazy about going with colors and turning it into ricer-ish..........

5 piece Orange leds for a orange colored gallardo or blue colored leds for a blue gallardo will in my opinion will ascentuate the beast nicely.

I'll get to work designing this.

this version looks great! im in for a set, and do not go with colors (too ricerish)

good work!

White LEDs are the best (and legal, not so for coloured ones).

Enginyr, can you explain a bit more on the electrical aspect please: will the LEDs substitute the day time driving lights (DRL)? I.e. in Canada and, I believe, in some parts of the US, our G's headlamps are permanently on once the car starts. (The only function of the headlamp switch on the centre dash is to make the hi-beam possible; switch off, nothing happens; switch on, move the signal stalk & high beam is on. Headlamps stay on regardless :eusa_wall: )

So, would the LEDs serves as DRL and the headlamp switch can actually turn the headlamps on & off then?

Thanks.

What is the piece below the headlight? As I understand, it is a washer cover. Does it flip up to reveal the nozzle underneath? Or is the nozzle integrated into it?

Are you guys proposing to eliminate the washer functionality? Or if it's a flip-up cover, are you just looking to embed LED's in it?

I was planning to work on something like this - I don't want to step on enginyrs toes though...

The problem you have with something like this is that for daylight visibility, you really need a lot of light. High-power white LED's require some specific design work to handle the thermals (they get hot - and if you don't handle the heat, they burn out). You want to say away from low power white LED's or you'll never get the effect shown above, they will be visible at night but with anything other than darkness, they will just wash out. That goes even more so if you use a piece of tinted plastic to make it "smoked out" during the day and only visible when you turn the lights on.

I am also speaking with a company who does some of our lights and they are considering making an LP-560 style tail light for the G.

Is it hard to open the headlight cover and place LED's inside the light housing like the singapore guy did?

I'm working on a mechanical design. Electronics come after the fact and it's pretty easy to implement many different ways to have them activate.

I'll model it in 3D and show you guys before I proceed to making a prototype.

Has anyone ever used the head light washers? I haven't so I think it should be disabled and hopefully no CEL comes on.

If you do this, use a little more forethought than the factory did. My LP 560's DRL system also illuminates the rear tail lights and the license plate lamps; it's all or nothing !! Makes no sense, to me, to have the license plates lamps and the tail lights on in the daytime !! (Unless it's some strange :eusa_think: Euro regulation)

Is it hard to open the headlight cover and place LED's inside the light housing like the singapore guy did?

???? They are stuck on the outside (and they don't look that good)

???? They are stuck on the outside (and they don't look that good)

Crap, i didn't notice that. I thought they were inside. I think if you could get inside the casing and place them that would look good.

any last thoughts on this one fellas?

509a_10.JPG

Nice placement location, only if you can place it inside the headlight housing.

However, Led's that are numerous and too closed together, look like it belong to Disneys electrical parade.

The number of Led's should be reduced by 60%

I was thinking we could get away with using 12MM large dome led that are 15000mcd but maybe we should just go all the way with the 1 watt baby ufo's?

http://www.quickar.com/kufo.php?session=

Imagine a piece of smoked plexiglass on top of this assembly.

That looks really good. So it would be a direct replacement of the headlight washer assembly? Would it be on a switch? etc..?

Yes a direct replacement with a simple wire tap somewhere behind the head lights, connected to a day time running light.

I am also speaking with a company who does some of our lights and they are considering making an LP-560 style tail light for the G.

Sorry to go OT again but it is somewhat related.

Corporate666, do keep us informed on this pls. I am sure that many here are interested.