JLC releases world's most complicated wrist watch

Mako

When Jaeger-LeCoultre releases the Hybris Mechanica Grande Sonnerie sometime later this year, it will be the most complicated wristwatch ever made. This watch surpasses the Patek Sky Moon Tourbillon with 12 complications; the Vacheron Tour de L'lle with 16 complications, the Jaeger Reverso a Tryptique with 17 complications and the latest Franck Muller Aeternitas Mega (about 25 complications).

Functions:

Westminster Chimes, Grande Sonnerie, Petit Sonnerie, silent mode, minute repeater, flying tourbillon, perpetual calendar, instantaneous jumping digital hours, minutes, days retrograde, months retrograde, date retrograde, display of the leap year, inertia blocking; tone power reserve, mainspring power reserve, time setting in steps of one hour and minute by one minute jumps, clockwise and counterclockwise.

Want one? You'll have to save up. At today's exchange rate, you'll need $2,950,000. But wait, there's more. You get the Hybris Mechanica Grande Sonnerie, plus Jaeger will throw in a Gyrotourbillon and Reverso a Tryptique for free. This 3-watch set will come in a 1,800lb Doettling safe - quite possibly the largest "presentation case" ever conceived.

Limited to 30 sets. :icon_mrgreen:

Jaeger_LeCoultre_Hybris_Mechanica_Grande_Sonnerie.jpg

Forgive my ignorance. What is a complication? Do they make a version in English, or other languages?

Was thinking the same, don't you find it too ''bling bling''?

Don't want to insult you but not a single person I know would like this watch.

Was thinking the same, don't you find it too ''bling bling''?

Don't want to insult you but not a single person I know would like this watch.

too much bling......nope. I could care less if "not a single person I know would like this watch". I like it and that's all that matters.

You like Pateks? not me too boring. Breitlings? too busy and big.

here is my iphone

diamondiphone.jpg

Want one? You'll have to save up. At today's exchange rate, you'll need $2,950,000. But wait, there's more. You get the Hybris Mechanica Grande Sonnerie, plus Jaeger will throw in a Gyrotourbillon and Reverso a Tryptique for free. This 3-watch set will come in a 1,800lb Doettling safe - quite possibly the largest "presentation case" ever conceived.

Not a baller myself but for these three pieces together plus a safe, the asking price is actually --- dare I say --- reasonable! Unlikely to be a wise "investment" by any means especially in today's economy but given JLC's pedigree and the fact that any ONE of these three piece is a tour de force in mechanical complications, this would be a truly interesting set for serious collectors. The Gyrotourbillon itself is an extremely fun piece!

Bought it from the Wynn Rolex store March 2008. 768 flawless diamonds

3089020148_63413ffe66.jpg

Nice! What's with the "Ralph Lauren Summer 2007 Catalog" pose? :icon_mrgreen:

Not a baller myself but for these three pieces together plus a safe, the asking price is actually --- dare I say --- reasonable! Unlikely to be a wise "investment" by any means especially in today's economy but given JLC's pedigree and the fact that any ONE of these three piece is a tour de force in mechanical complications, this would be a truly interesting set for serious collectors. The Gyrotourbillon itself is an extremely fun piece!

Baller alert, baller alert!

Nice! What's with the "Ralph Lauren Summer 2007 Catalog" pose? :icon_mrgreen:

it's fuinny you say that cause I have had people say "geez that looks like some kind of Rolex/Polo advertisement".

we were at a coffee and cars event in February when that was taken. A couple of my friends are REALLY into cameras and picture taking.......it was just a shot of me standing there and he said "hold still for a second". :)

it's fuinny you say that cause I have had people say "geez that looks like some kind of Rolex/Polo advertisement".

we were at a coffee and cars event in February when that was taken. A couple of my friends are REALLY into cameras and picture taking.......it was just a shot of me standing there and he said "hold still for a second". :)

:icon_mrgreen:

Yeah, I wish!

Ok, I did, at one point, looked at just the Gyrotourbillon; but just looking! :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 months later...

how does one get it to there house?

Shipping overseas(to the U.S) or within the U.S. would be expensive. And once you get it to your house, you better know where you are putting it. And........never move.

^Well, in a way true but if one can afford watches at that level, shipping cost is the least of one's worry nor finding an ideal place in their house to put the thing. It's actually not a bad-looking piece: plenty of space --- including a few watch winders --- to store your other precious toys.

jaeger_lecoultre_hybris_mechanica_grande_sonnerie_safe.jpg

^Well, in a way true but if one can afford watches at that level, shipping cost is the least of one's worry nor finding an ideal place in their house to put the thing. It's actually not a bad-looking piece: plenty of space --- including a few watch winders --- to store your other precious toys.

Forget the watch, I want that safe!

Here is the only watch I have with diamonds on it. Very good watch IMO for 4k. Can't wait to get my ROO repaired though.

post-8895-1250987436_thumb.jpg

That new JLC watch is absolutely stunning.

Paging dad for review and his knowledge of how worthy of an "investment" that is. :)