Putting my DLM GTT on the dyno...

Kisco

Just for you, cutie pie (Allan).

No really, I am also very curious to see what he car will do and I have set a tentative appt. for next Tuesday. This is a dynojet.

But in the mean time, lets have some fun and throw out some guesses. I will dyno it on race gas only (The car will not be raced on pump gas, so no need). Race gas setting = 10 lbs. and a very conservative tune.

My guess.......660 rwhp

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

720 RWHP, if i win you have to send Allan a "good morning cutie pie" PM every day for the next month LOL

Have a great time w/her (thats what its all about)

I will dyno it on race gas only (The car will not be raced on pump gas, so no need). Race gas setting = 10 lbs. and a very conservative tune.

My guess.......660 rwhp

:shock:

10lbs boost @11.5:1 compression? My car makes around 750 rwhp @ less than 10lbs with a 9:1 ratio. If you are really running 10lbs boost that would equate to around 900 or more rwhp!!

Are you sure Doug didn't drop a set of sleeves n pistons in your beast? :lol2:

10lbs boost @11.5:1 compression? My car makes around 750 rwhp @ less than 10lbs with a 9:1 ratio.

Hmmmm, do you have any head work done at all? Yes, I am running 10 lbs. of boost. When I drove it in FL in the vicious heat and outrageous humidity, it didn't feel over 700. That's why I guessed what i did in my original post.

Yes, beleive me, stock pistons/rods, and no sleeving to the block. The price I paid reflects that. :icon_mrgreen:

Also, I thought stock CR on a Gallardo was 11:1?

720 RWHP, if i win you have to send Allan a "good morning cutie pie" PM every day for the next month LOL

Have a great time w/her (thats what its all about)

Thanks again, Bill. And yes, it is all about having fun.. :icon_thumleft:

Man, I am loving all this 7xx rwhp estimates.. :icon_mrgreen:

I sure hope you guys are right. Come on TUESDAY!!!

Stock compression is 11:1, but Vroom has a point. From what I gather the UGR/Heffner bolt-on setups make 600 rwhp or better at 4-4.5 psi. So 10 psi should be at least 750 rwhp. Can't wait to find out!

10lbs boost @11.5:1 compression? My car makes around 750 rwhp @ less than 10lbs with a 9:1 ratio. If you are really running 10lbs boost that would equate to around 900 or more rwhp!!

Are you sure Doug didn't drop a set of sleeves n pistons in your beast? :lol2:

It felt WAY faster than 66Xrwhp when I drove it. I hope my @ss dyno is right. :lol2: Very easy to drive with the power it has too. I think all GTT's are VERY misleading as it is SO easy to make HUGE power effortlessly. It isn't the same feeling as driving a 600rwhp V-ette that the world shakes around you at idle. It has a finesse about it. You have to watch the speedo and the road at the same time when you are driving to give you a true feeling of how fast the car really is. If you aren't paying attention you are at 150 before you know it, and things come up FAST.

It felt WAY faster than 66Xrwhp when I drove it. I hope my @ss dyno is right. :lol2: Very easy to drive with the power it has too. I think all GTT's are VERY misleading as it is SO easy to make HUGE power effortlessly. It isn't the same feeling as driving a 600rwhp V-ette that the world shakes around you at idle. It has a finesse about it. You have to watch the speedo and the road at the same time when you are driving to give you a true feeling of how fast the car really is. If you aren't paying attention you are at 150 before you know it, and things come up FAST.

Ya, maybe my a$$ dyno is skewed owning nothing but Vets and Vipers in the past. I have been talking to a lot of people, and they all seem to think I am a little crazy for thinking it won't put over 700 rwhp. Maybe I am just not used to the TT power delivery....smooth as silk, which is deceiving. But we will all see very soon..:) Dyno appt. is Tuesday at 5 p.m. and I will have results Tuesday night ALONG WITH A RACE VIDEO against a 640 rwhp 350Z.. :icon_mrgreen: Oh, and I will also weigh the car. All data to come Tuesday night.

ALLAN, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SEND ME THE VBOX???

I just realized I made a mistake. I meant 660 awhp in my OP, not rwhp. This will put my guess at about 730 rwhp. :icon_mrgreen:

What I would truly be interested would be a lap time comparison on a proper race circuit, F1 style.

It will be interesting to know also how the car handles with boost coming on and going off thru the turns. That would really determine the viability of upping the power on the total setup.

Ya, maybe my a$$ dyno is skewed owning nothing but Vets and Vipers in the past. I have been talking to a lot of people, and they all seem to think I am a little crazy for thinking it won't put over 700 rwhp. Maybe I am just not used to the TT power delivery....smooth as silk, which is deceiving. But we will all see very soon..:) Dyno appt. is Tuesday at 5 p.m. and I will have results Tuesday night ALONG WITH A RACE VIDEO against a 640 rwhp 350Z.. :icon_mrgreen: Oh, and I will also weigh the car. All data to come Tuesday night.

ALLAN, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SEND ME THE VBOX???

where are you dynoing at? Les said you would be in Ohio. I want to see it!!!

which turbos? do you know the AR and size?

say 62 mm....96 ar????

i say 812... :)

I believe they are GT35's

where are you dynoing at? Les said you would be in Ohio. I want to see it!!!

What is it that you want to see? My car on the dyno or my car in front of Les's in a race?.. :icon_mrgreen:

say 62 mm....96 ar????

Twin Precision ball bearing turbos. Doug would know the sizes.

I Don't know what "ar" means.

say 62 mm....96 ar????

Precision twin 61 mm ball bearing / water cooled.

Thanks for asking. (and thank you Fadi for forwarding this question my way).

Regards,

Doug

What is it that you want to see? My car on the dyno or my car in front of Les's in a race?.. :icon_mrgreen:

I think that no matter what its going to be a good run either way. I would put the smart money on me though race to race gas. :icon_mrgreen:

Again I am sooo happy for you Fadi and cant wait to see that beast in person. Its nice to see you have grown into a Lambo! I do have the keys to a SPI 800 GT2 (until my car is done) and is tuned on 93 pump that I would love to roll race with...maybe on the 12th at CC?

I think that no matter what its going to be a good run either way. I would put the smart money on me though race to race gas. :icon_mrgreen:

I will put my money on you, too. :lol2: Can't wait for this run. Race gas vs. race gas it is!!.. :icon_mrgreen:

I just got a call from the trucker. My car will be here tomorrow before noon!!! :icon_super: