LM002 airco pump question

cowchaser

After a refill the A/C pump of my LM gave up..

It's possible to get it refurbished but hat will take a month... I know it's a GM part but don't have the part number.

Any input on that one ?

Next question will be on which cars was this same A/C pump used ? This will make it easier for me to find the same or similar part that will fit.

I'm planning to take the car with me to Italy next week. One week holiday in Tuscany and of course a factory visit will be included... With 31 degrees Celcius the A/C will be handy I guess...

This thing is heavy... No weight saving program for the LM as it seems ... :rolleyes:

Harrison: model 1131466

Same model also used on:

Fort Brougham: 83-85

Country Squire: 81-86

Lincoln Continental Givenchy: 87

Lincoln town car Cartier+Signature: 87-88

Mercury Marquis Brougham: 81-82

Mercury Zephyr GS+Z7: 83

Found the AC compressor for these cars but the connections seem to differ to the one for the LM.

Maybe to have it rebuilt is the only way to move forward...only that will take 4 weeks... next week in Italy will be scorching hot I guess... :shock:

But hey, arriving at the factory in my very own Lambo will surely make up for it...

post-6543-1246893820_thumb.jpg

post-6543-1246893842_thumb.jpg

What a pitty. A writeup from the factory and pics would be nice. Have fun!

What a pitty. A writeup from the factory and pics would be nice. Have fun!

Actually I'm now half way on my trip to Italy... couldn't take the LM with me ... break problems as well... wouldn't be safe to take it out now... too bad... will definately make the trip to Italy with the LM one day... anyway the rest of the family is happy we're now traveling in the ice cold Merc.... instead of the LM Sauna... :icon_mrgreen:

The pice with the hose connections bolts onto the new comp. The manifold assembly lines up with the ports on the new comp.

If I recall tho you must cut off one mounting tang? I have repl. a few but its been awhile. You can see in the pic where they cut or ground the old comp. If the comp. came apart dont forget to check and clean for debree and best to repl. the reciver dryer if it came apart.

The pice with the hose connections bolts onto the new comp. The manifold assembly lines up with the ports on the new comp.

If I recall tho you must cut off one mounting tang? I have repl. a few but its been awhile. You can see in the pic where they cut or ground the old comp. If the comp. came apart dont forget to check and clean for debree and best to repl. the reciver dryer if it came apart.

Thanks Jeff, yeah I know what you mean, this is simply no standard component... I'm having the pump refurbished this month, already ordered the parts...

• 3 weeks later...

I just came back from Italy and had the Lambo factory tour.

Ecellent.

Also, met Fabio Lamborghini and invited me to the Lamborghini family museum.

Great time.

I just came back from Italy and had the Lambo factory tour.

Ecellent.

Also, met Fabio Lamborghini and invited me to the Lamborghini family museum.

Great time.

Same here... Fabio is a great guy and when visiting the factory the private museum shouldn't be missed !! Only a short drive to get there anyway.