Doug Levin GTT vs. ZR1...*video*

Kisco

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That you threw a hissy fit and wanted your car fixed I mean upgraded right after is was built? Wait I'm sorry you stated that you wanted to sell after getting it TTed then you decided to rebuild it.. HAHA

Well its no suprise that i dont drive the car often... as I have never driven most of my other cars often....

Thank you Alex. Just another made up story from Allan as are the rest of them.

:lol2: :lol2: You wish... You just went crying the blues to Alex... and since he is my boy ill respect his wishes....

Thanks, all.. :icon_thumleft:

Nah...if it were the SLR, my car would have been invisible at 200... :icon_mrgreen:

Given that the ZR1 is faster than the SLR, this video is proof that the SLR is not what you make it out to be... :icon_mrgreen:

So true! Nice run Fadi and nice way to time the 3rd honk. Either way this was not even close and you are going to win the battle of the ballsacks with Allen hahahaha nice. I loved when the ZR1 driver kept saying holy shit...holy shit...holy shit...hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So true! Nice run Fadi and nice way to time the 3rd honk. Either way this was not even close and you are going to win the battle of the ballsacks with Allen hahahaha nice. I loved when the ZR1 driver kept saying holy shit...holy shit...holy shit...hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It would not have mattered even if the Z went on the first honk....pure obliteration.

Thanks Les. People don't understand how hard it is to time a turbo car perfectly for take off on the third honk, and frankly, I pat myself on the back for doing a very good job. I thought the take off was very, very even. You can hear my turbos sppol on two, and you see my car go right on three.

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks Les. People don't understand how hard it is to time a turbo car perfectly for take off on the third honk, and frankly, I pat myself on the back for doing a very good job. I thought the take off was very, very even. You can hear my turbos sppol on two, and you see my car go right on three.

You can also left foot brake to pre-load the engine and spool the turbos before you take off. Then on the third honk, just release the brakes and floor it. Works like a charm.

One annoying feature about my 997 Turbo is that it won't let you accelerate and brake at the same time, so you can't use that trick. But on the Gallardo it should work.

It would not have mattered even if the Z went on the first honk....pure obliteration.

The majority of the obliteration occured top of 4th-6th gear too where the crazyness of a TTG really starts to show. IMO a honk lead would not have made more than a tiny difference.

I remember when you gave me shit about doing that very same thing in my evo vs your Plastic mess-06...lol now you know how I felt...very well done.

The jump combined with the fact the car was not in the right gear would have made a nice difference on the 60-130 run...

One annoying feature about my 997 Turbo is that it won't let you accelerate and brake at the same time, so you can't use that trick. But on the Gallardo it should work.

The 996T is the same way. The first time I tried it I thought I lost an IC hose or something. As soon as I let off of the brake, everything went back to normal. PITA.

The jump combined with the fact the car was not in the right gear would have made a nice difference on the 60-130 run...

The car wasn't in the wrong gear. No idiot will put the car in 2nd gear at 80 mph. If 2nd gear was the right gear, the ZR1 owner would have been in it.

If his car is not at the shop by this weekend, we will get 60-130 times for both cars.

Jorday, I see you are browsing. What do you say we get some 60-130 times for both cars this weekend if your car is not at the shop?

You can also left foot brake to pre-load the engine and spool the turbos before you take off. Then on the third honk, just release the brakes and floor it. Works like a charm.

I'd rather not brake boost. I don't feel like replacing half shafts and/or trans parts anytime soon.

Small snail in there :lol2:

Is it a GT47-80? That thing is gigantic!

What does the Supra trap in the Quarter?

Yes the TT Gallardos are nasty and perfect for a TM type of event-Low wheelspin if you dont break anything at the 1350+awhp level, and absolutely nasty in 4th-6th gear, and as I am sure you know the UGR car is geared to run 250+

91 mm turbo, it's also the current 6speed record holder in the 1/[email protected]. Stock trans, stock rear end and stock axles..

Btw, I found a 6 spd Gallardo today and will be closing the deal tomorrow. I am getting it shipped to me first to check it out before it goes to UGR.

SW

91 mm turbo, it's also the current 6speed record holder in the 1/[email protected]. Stock trans, stock rear end and stock axles..

Btw, I found a 6 spd Gallardo today and will be closing the deal tomorrow. I am getting it shipped to me first to check it out before it goes to UGR.

SW

Congrats on finding the Gallardo and it will be in excellent hands with UGR!

Are you running the Supra this fall in the mile?

Congrats on finding the Gallardo and it will be in excellent hands with UGR!

Are you running the Supra this fall in the mile?

Yes, going for 250 or so..

thanks,

SW

Yes, going for 250 or so..

thanks,

SW

How would you compare your ZR1 to your Plastic mess-06? I also have a Plastic mess-06 as a track car and love it.

Thanks for the thread hijack, a$$holes..:lol2:

Thanks all.

Liquid, WE GOT TO SEE THE WHEELS BRO..:)

Fadi,

The car is at Lamborghini Dallas for a 1' drop in the front and 1.3" drop in the rear followed by alignment. Once I get it back, I will definitely post pics. Not trying to keep you hanging.

Back on topic now......

I will post them in another thread.. sorry for the hi jack Fadi..your car is awsome!

SW

Thanks, SW. I have followed some of your posts on the Vet forums, and your car collection is truly an inspiration to many.. :icon_thumleft: