Heat shield for the Diablo

Placid

I need something like this for my Diablo. A heatshield approx. 6x6 inches. It needs to be effective and actually withstand and reflect the heat, not necessarily CF. Any tips?

CarbonTekMurcieRearDiffuserV1_2.jpg

Not a bad idea if it looks good. Of course you could take a couple of propane torch's, heat the elbow of the exhaust tip while pulling down to get some more clearance. It's kind of extreme but it does work. Have you burnt the paint yet?

Have you burnt the paint yet?

Yea, the paint is a little burnt, and there's also some bubbles there. I'm getting the bumper re-painted, so I thought it would be a good idea to fix this problem as well.

I think this is not normal, maybe it has to do with the Jota kit.

BTW Camera is nice but = extra weight :eusa_dance:

Yea, like 50 grams :icon_mrgreen:

It used to look like this:

2008.06.02_Jota_dyno_003_.jpg

Check my edited post, looks like a custom made heat shield

It looks like wrap only tbh, kinda hard to tell tho. But yea, I need something like that, but it doesn't need to be that big, it's only a problem around the area I marked with green.

I think this Jota owner had the same problem as you

I need those! Anybody know what it is and where to get it? Functional and It actually looks good to. Nice touch.

Hoping it's an adhesive applied product.

Mine has two factory mesh grills on each exhaust to help dissipate the heat just before the exhaust tips.Sorry no pics im on a trip.If you look at eurospares you will see.Now I know its not covering the tip but that excess heat plus your tip heat is prob whats causing the bubbling I think.

Mine has two factory mesh grills on each exhaust to help dissipate the heat just before the exhaust tips.Sorry no pics im on a trip.If you look at eurospares you will see.Now I know its not covering the tip but that excess heat plus your tip heat is prob whats causing the bubbling I think.

Ah yeah, I've seen that when I think about it. The Jota doesn't have them for some reason. And looking at the pic on eurospares, I'm also missing the brackets welded on the exhaust to fasten the grills in.

Yes, we discussed this part earlier this year. For some reason not all SE have this. But does this really work like a heat shield?

post-230-1248400072_thumb.gif

Yes, we discussed this part earlier this year. For some reason not all SE have this. But does this really work like a heat shield?

Yeah, I think it would be enough to protect the bumper. The heat damage on mine is so little you have to take off the exhaust and get really close to see it. But looking at those close-ups again, I see that my exhaust is very different.

Alex's car has them

i have inspected his car close up and doesn't look to have ANY heat damage on the rear bumper so may be they worcks

it could also be since his is a very very low miles car

Not a bad idea if it looks good. Of course you could take a couple of propane torch's, heat the elbow of the exhaust tip while pulling down to get some more clearance. It's kind of extreme but it does work. Have you burnt the paint yet?

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Well.....no so far off Reymondo....except the propane part.

Didn't you guys read my "hole in my header thread"?

I talked about how the exhaust pipes sit too close to the bumper. The problem in not that the pipes won't sit lower....there is more than enough play in the exhaust donuts (gaskets to lower them)

The problem lies in the rear grill covering the lower rear frame. You need to cut and modify the exit area where the pipes come through the grill. The grill opening is not wide enough and forces the exhaust pipes forward....and up.

As a test, remove the grill and readjust the pipes from the donuts and you'll be surprised how much play you have to angle away the pipes from the bumper. Check out my old thread and it shows what must be modified to clear the pipes.....no it won't show at all...if done right.

....in the end, you get a perfect OEM look.

Shamile

• 2 months later...

I found exactly what I was looking for :eusa_dance:

An adhesive backed heat barrier, that withstand radiant temperatures in excess of 2000°F, and reflects over 90% of it (copied straight from their website).

This is basically a sticker, easy to replace/remove, very thin, and does not leave any marks on the surface. It looks ok too, but they are in a spot you don't easily see anyway, without bending down.

heatshield.jpg