E gear, keep foot on accelerator or pull off?

Assman

For you egear owners do you keep your foot on the gas when changing gears or pull off during shifts like in a manual? Is there any advantage to either in clutch or drivetrain wear?

For you egear owners do you keep your foot on the gas when changing gears or pull off during shifts like in a manual? Is there any advantage to either in clutch or drivetrain wear?

Depends on the model. In the regular Gallardo, I got smoother shifts at lower speeds when lifting ever so slightly. I couldn't make much difference on the 640 with that trick. On the 560, it doesn't seem to matter at all because the shifts are already very smooth.

Regarding clutch wear ,I was told there is no impact either way ( the clutch will wear the same). I think it's a matter of preference.

I prefer to let off the throttle slightly (1/4") between shifts, it makes for a MUCH smoother shift (especially when driving in Sport Mode). If i'm racing then i leave the pedal on the floor and just bang through the gears.

I went on a mountain rally last weekend and the E-Gear was an absolute blast to drive!

Regarding clutch wear ,I was told there is no impact either way ( the clutch will wear the same). I think it's a matter of preference.

I prefer to let off the throttle slightly (1/4") between shifts, it makes for a MUCH smoother shift (especially when driving in Sport Mode). If i'm racing then i leave the pedal on the floor and just bang through the gears.

I went on a mountain rally last weekend and the E-Gear was an absolute blast to drive!

Having driven it both ways, no pull offs in an car exactly like your (08 egear, bw spyder) and an 06 gallardo egear while lifting with shifts, I preferred just keeping the gas down better. Of course this experience was driving for a matter of 15 minutes or less in each car. It is good to know that it doesn't make a difference on clutch wear.

Some of the new DSG's are really nice in that respect. I drove an Audi TT-S and the DSG in it was really nice.

Not that it matters, but my SMG in my M3 behaved the same way and I did the same thing. Clutch outlasted the 94K the car lasted....

I have a 09 LP640 E-Gear and it says in the manual that you should keep your foot on the gas when you shift.

i keep foot on. owners manual sates its "not necessary" to take foot off, but that doesn't mean taking foot off he gas is better for your clutch. id like to know for certain which method is better for our clutches?

education my friend. :)

Shouldn't you be educating yourself about the Murciealgo? Or, has there been a change in class?!?....hehe

Shouldn't you be educating yourself about the Murciealgo? Or, has there been a change in class?!?....hehe

Only time will tell.

I treat mine like a manual and lift off completely, unless I'm hard on the go pedal then I just keep her to the floor and take advantage of the quick shifts. Lifting off also gives IMMENSELY smoother shifts. I've seen posts where it's been said that lifting off will NOT give you extended clutch life and I've seen posts where it's been said that it WILL give you extended clutch life. After viewing some threads ("Post your mileage and your clutch wear!"), the highest mileage vehicles with the lowest amount of clutch wear all seems to have lifted off the throttle while shifting, and have always done a spirited takeoff from a dead stop, rather than babying it up to speed. I've been doing this since I got mine, so time will tell.. :)

-R