What's the maximum size SD Card I can use in my Spyder?

Jeff SD

I inserted a fully loaded 8GB SD Card in my head unit, when I select SD on the head unit it says "Loading"..It's been loading for 10 mins, is this normal? I can't play any of the songs.

Is 8GB too many songs for the system to accept? Or maybe it doesn't recognize the file format?

Update..I loaded a 2GB SD Card, it loads in my system but then reads "unknown files". I have each Genre in a folder.

D0 i need to remove the folders and just load the songs randomly on the SD Card?

I inserted a fully loaded 8GB SD Card in my head unit, when I select SD on the head unit it says "Loading"..It's been loading for 10 mins, is this normal? I can't play any of the songs.

Is 8GB too many songs for the system to accept? Or maybe it doesn't recognize the file format?

You can use up to 4gb SD cards. SDHC cards dont work. 4gb SD cards are a little hard to find, but ebay is a good source.

Files have to be in mp3 format or they wont play.

I have my mp3's in folders, but I leave one song outside of the folders. This helps the system read the card. when you switch to that card, the lone song starts playing and the other folders show on the screen.

You can use up to 4gb SD cards. SDHC cards dont work. 4gb SD cards are a little hard to find, but ebay is a good source.

I have my mp3's in folders, but I leave one song outside of the folders. This helps the system read the card. when you switch to that card, the lone song starts playing and the other folders show on the screen.

Thanks, Neil. I figured out my problem. As you stated the files must be MP3 format, i assumed mine were..So now i need to convert all my AAC files to MP3...Oh joy :eusa_dance:

Yep.. I was about to say the same thing... only MP3 format is allowed. Also, 4G non HC cards will worth. there is no such thing as >4G non SD so don't be fooled. I have seen some folks peddling them and they just don't know what they are talking about. Don't was your money. just get a bunch of 4G, load em up with music and keep them in the car like you would CD :)

Yep.. I was about to say the same thing... only MP3 format is allowed. Also, 4G non HC cards will worth. there is no such thing as >4G non SD so don't be fooled. I have seen some folks peddling them and they just don't know what they are talking about. Don't was your money. just get a bunch of 4G, load em up with music and keep them in the car like you would CD :)

Is there a SW program i can buy that will crack my AAC iTune downloaded songs and convert to MP3?

Getting a 4gb would be pointless too since I believe there's a limit of 400 songs or something like that for the whole SD card?

Is there a SW program i can buy that will crack my AAC iTune downloaded songs and convert to MP3?

yes there is you can get the program for free on the net. i converted all my ipod songs to mp4 and put them on a sd card. just google aac to mp3 converter on google. you should find something

• 3 years later...

Excellent idea! I have all my mp3s in the root directory on my 4GB card and is a real pain to find the song I want to hear because the list is so big.