Murci Traction control system

Kipper

Hello members,

I recently purchased an 2002 Murci, I note when I drive this vehicle and accelerate briskly the TCS light constantly blinks, when turning corners at a normal pace the TCS light also blinks

Under hard acceleration the engine will cut out agressively well before I believe that significant wheel spin has occured. Unless I accelerate gently building up revs it is nearly impossible to drive the car hard.

Basically it appears to me that the TCS is way too sensitive, under gentle driving behaviour say like my grandmother was driving all seems to be OK, other than around corners.

I am hoping some of you members can assist with some advice on what behaviour to expect here.

Is the operation of the TCS system always so sensitive?

Is the TCS system adjustable?

Is there something that I am overlooking?

Also I note that in my car the radio does not turn on?off with the ignition is this normal?

Your assistance here would be greatly appreciated

What you are talking about on the TCS is normal for 02 if you have over sized rims and tires it dose it even more.

There was a fix but only a dealer can do it and they have to know how to get the part they cannt just order it from parts they must go thru there Factory Rep.. Its a plug that goes inline just befor the ABS unit and it helps alot.

The radio is on a timmer relay and will shut down 10-15 min after ket is turned off.

Hello members,

I recently purchased an 2002 Murci, I note when I drive this vehicle and accelerate briskly the TCS light constantly blinks, when turning corners at a normal pace the TCS light also blinks

Under hard acceleration the engine will cut out agressively well before I believe that significant wheel spin has occured. Unless I accelerate gently building up revs it is nearly impossible to drive the car hard.

Basically it appears to me that the TCS is way too sensitive, under gentle driving behaviour say like my grandmother was driving all seems to be OK, other than around corners.

I am hoping some of you members can assist with some advice on what behaviour to expect here.

Also I note that in my car the radio does not turn on?off with the ignition is this normal?

What you are talking about on the TCS is normal for 02 if you have over sized rims and tires it dose it even more.

There was a fix but only a dealer can do it and they have to know how to get the part they cannt just order it from parts they must go thru there Factory Rep.. Its a plug that goes inline just befor the ABS unit and it helps alot.

The radio is on a timmer relay and will shut down 10-15 min after ket is turned off.

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply, I will follow this up with a local dealer, can I assume that any reputable dealer will be able to help with this problem, and are most owners fixing this problem or just turning off the TCS?

Thanks again Keep Well

Same problem with my previous 03 Murcie and even on stock rims. First thing I did when I turned the ignition was turn off the TC. It's normal for the earlier Murcies.

Yes 02-03 had this issue. There is or was a fix from Lambo. I have installed a few and they do help its a plug that goes inline with the ECU. No not all dealers will know of this only a dealer that has a tech. that has been there some time. The info was given in a training class back in say 04 or 05 not sure but there is no printed info about it.

Also the dealer cant order the part from parts it must be ordered by the area Rep who may or may not know of this repair. Not all shops are equal it depends on how long a tech. has been around how many cars he sees and his abliltys.

Most have not been fixed and alot of the early cars dont make it to the dealer any more I say most as I always did

start the car and then turn TCS OFF the put seat belt on.

Yes I agree with Jeff.

I start the car and turn it off.

Having the traction control on has caused me some embarrassment.

I don't drive in the rain, snow and other slippery conditions, but I guess this is where you should use it.

as posted above just turn it off

what i do is if i am about to punch it i just flick it off and then you have 100% power.

what i do is if i am about to punch it i just flick it off and then you have 100% power.

Exactly whay I used to do

Hello members,

There is a company that makes both custom-made and universal electronics. They have an electronic TCS "memory switch" that allows the user to turn off the TCS and it will remain inactive until the user disengages the switch.

Check this link for qadditional information:

http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/4

"The traction control module is used to add a memory feature to the traction control switch in your vehicle. The unit automatically stores the ON/OFF state of the switch when the vehicle is shut off and restores the setting when the ignition is turned on."

Hope this helps....