New Owner - about to jack the car up and switch the wheels

ATL

I'm about to jack the car up and switch the wheels to OEM. Is there anything special i need to know?

Can I lift the front end up (to gain more clearance) and jack the car up or should i leave it low?

Are there any special jackpoints?

Anything special about the titanium lugs aside from the fact they are extremely expensive?

thanks in advance!!!! :)

I noticed there are 4 round rubber things along the sides of the car. Do you need a special jack? On the Porsche I just used a hockey puck but it's too big for this hole. Any ideas? I won't lie, I'm a little nervous working on this car. lol

Thanks Kenny. Wow that thread and those diagrams are confusing. I wisely decided to wait and leave these wheels on for now. Welcome to owning a Lambo I guess. Back in the day I used to own cars that you can jack up easily. :)

The diagrams can be confusing but the first photo in that link shows where to lift the front. Use a floor jack, do it one side at a time, and position the jack so it contacts the body as shown below. I usually roll the jack in as far as I can and align it just behind the wheel opening. This will put the lifting point in the proper place. I use a small block of wood to distribute the force along the bottom of the car. You may find it helpful to raise the nose of the car first; most jacks are too high to roll under the car when it's down.

front_jack.jpg

For the rear of the car, position the jack on the frame member immediately below the transmission and you can lift the entire rear of the car.

DSCN4441.JPG

The diagrams can be confusing but the first photo in that link shows where to lift the front. Use a floor jack, do it one side at a time, and position the jack so it contacts the body as shown below. I usually roll the jack in as far as I can and align it just behind the wheel opening. This will put the lifting point in the proper place. I use a small block of wood to distribute the force along the bottom of the car. You may find it helpful to raise the nose of the car first; most jacks are too high to roll under the car when it's down.

front_jack.jpg

For the rear of the car, position the jack on the frame member immediately below the transmission and you can lift the entire rear of the car.

DSCN4441.JPG

THANK YOU RICK! That's exactly what I needed. I have a low profile floor jack and was going to use a hockey puck. I'll give this a shot. Thanks again! :)

There are jack points on the car. It is in the owners manual I believe. Just make sure you have a torque wrench handy to tighten the lug bolts. If you want help with the project just let us know, I can make a call and find out exactly where to do it. I also have access to a shop where we can pay them a couple bucks and use their lift.

There are jack points on the car. It is in the owners manual I believe. Just make sure you have a torque wrench handy to tighten the lug bolts. If you want help with the project just let us know, I can make a call and find out exactly where to do it. I also have access to a shop where we can pay them a couple bucks and use their lift.

Thanks Chris, are you with Lambo of ATL the actual dealer?

ATL- now you have no excuses for not swapping out your wheels!

+1!

:)

I know, I know! I'm working on it. :)