Just got my frist new car

Pumcy

Well as the title says, I just purchased my first brand new car.

It also happens to by my first sports coupe also (I'm only 25 so the Lambo will have come later :P)

It's probably not what most of you would consider an awesome car, but it is for me and my budget.

On tuesday I brought home a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 in beautiful Mirabeau Blue.

for those of you that don't know; this is Hyundai's first attempt at a true sports car.

it's RWD, has 310HP, 266tq. Comes equiped with 18" rims and an LSD and HID headlights.

Interior has leather heated seats (power driver),

6cd in-dash changer, XM and Sirius ready, USB and Ipod hookups, 10 speaker stereo.

Proximity key with Pushbutton start.

Automatic Climate control.

All in all, it's plenty of car for me right now, and I thought I should share it here.

I'll get better pics up when it stops raining here. I only have the 2 for now.

post-7090-1250753401_thumb.jpg

post-7090-1250753439_thumb.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess i shouldn't have bothered.

58 views and not a single comment.

I thought people would be happy for me that I've bought a new car at 25.

I guess not.

thanks anyway....

Here's a comment:

It's a Lamborghini forum. You have 69 posts.

What do you expect?

This thread is beyond awesome and the epitome of auto forum FAILs.

Well as the title says, I just purchased my first brand new car.

It also happens to by my first sports coupe also (I'm only 25 so the Lambo will have come later :P)

It's probably not what most of you would consider an awesome car, but it is for me and my budget.

On tuesday I brought home a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 in beautiful Mirabeau Blue.

for those of you that don't know; this is Hyundai's first attempt at a true sports car.

it's RWD, has 310HP, 266tq. Comes equiped with 18" rims and an LSD and HID headlights.

Interior has leather heated seats (power driver),

6cd in-dash changer, XM and Sirius ready, USB and Ipod hookups, 10 speaker stereo.

Proximity key with Pushbutton start.

Automatic Climate control.

All in all, it's plenty of car for me right now, and I thought I should share it here.

I'll get better pics up when it stops raining here. I only have the 2 for now.

Hey there Pumcy. I actually like your new car. I haven't seen one in person, but its a very nice 'first new car'. We were all at the point you are now at some age. Nice list of features too. When I was 25, I think the only real options were 14" or 15" wheels & cassette player or just am/fm. AC was almost a given here ins S Florida.

Here's a comment:

It's a Lamborghini forum. You have 69 posts.

What do you expect?

This thread is beyond awesome and the epitome of auto forum FAILs.

I have 69 posts here because before tuesday I didn't have a performance car so I felt I didn't have anything to contribute. I don't want to be like one of the kiddies that posts about cars they have never been in.

Figured since I now have a car that will run with C5 POS's, I at least have that to post.

I put it in the other cars forum for that reason.

What did I expect?

Oh I don't know maybe something a little nicer, like the following comment

Hey there Pumcy. I actually like your new car. I haven't seen one in person, but its a very nice 'first new car'. We were all at the point you are now at some age. Nice list of features too. When I was 25, I think the only real options were 14" or 15" wheels & cassette player or just am/fm. AC was almost a given here ins S Florida.

Thanks lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu-man.

I posted this here for exactly that reason. Unless you came from money to begin with, everyone has been where I am.

I figured there would be more people around here that could respect that.

I've seen lots of threads about cars that others have bought that aren't anything exotic. In those threads tons of poeple have congratulated and encouraged the new buyer.

I guess that's all I was really looking for.

I think the problem you faced with your post, as I read it anyways, was that you were "looking" for a pat on the back. It wasn't like you wrote an interesting write up on the car and its performance and attributes but rather a "look what I got, I need reassurance" post. You then followed that post up with, since know one came in and lathered you up with praise, a post condemning the forum for not coming in and congratulating you and showering you with affection for your recent purchase. That is why either no one had previously posted or LA posted what he did (sorry LA, not trying to put words in your mouth).

That said, I thought that was a cool car when they announced it. I like the lines and the engine sounds ambitious for that car company in a coupe. I think it will perform well, but would wonder about longevity with the brand in regards to rigorous driving. I think for a young 25 year old guy just starting out it is a very cool first car. The money on the car seems pretty right though for what they say it will do. As for running with a C5, I think that is ambitious also. I am not a POS fan, but I will say that the car in a straight line does have some go. I don't know that the car you purchased has that kind of power. I could be wrong though. Congrats again and as a note you have to have thick skin sometimes on this board.

Anyways, congrats on the new car. I hope that it serves you well and that it is a spring board to your next vehicle and serves you on the road to success.

You have just poseted this yesterday--give it time and dont be so eager for responses...

cool car! 310 HP its pretty cool! :drunk: enjoy it! and congrats! :icon_thumleft:

I think the problem you faced with your post, as I read it anyways, was that you were "looking" for a pat on the back. It wasn't like you wrote an interesting write up on the car and its performance and attributes but rather a "look what I got, I need reassurance" post. You then followed that post up with, since know one came in and lathered you up with praise, a post condemning the forum for not coming in and congratulating you and showering you with affection for your recent purchase. That is why either no one had previously posted or LA posted what he did (sorry LA, not trying to put words in your mouth).

That said, I thought that was a cool car when they announced it. I like the lines and the engine sounds ambitious for that car company in a coupe. I think it will perform well, but would wonder about longevity with the brand in regards to rigorous driving. I think for a young 25 year old guy just starting out it is a very cool first car. The money on the car seems pretty right though for what they say it will do. As for running with a C5, I think that is ambitious also. I am not a POS fan, but I will say that the car in a straight line does have some go. I don't know that the car you purchased has that kind of power. I could be wrong though. Congrats again and as a note you have to have thick skin sometimes on this board.

Anyways, congrats on the new car. I hope that it serves you well and that it is a spring board to your next vehicle and serves you on the road to success.

Hi Chris,

thanks for the comments.

to clarify, I posted this fully aware that it's probably not an exciting car to many Lambo owners, and I fully expected to get some negative comments. Sure it would be nice for the ego to be reasured about my car being a good purchase, but I didn't really come here expecting that.

My problem was that not one person bothered to make any comment at all.

I figured there would be some questions or something.

as for the comment about the C5. i'm basing it on this Genesis vs C5

It's no C5 killer, that's for sure, but it has quite a bit of GO.

You have just poseted this yesterday--give it time and dont be so eager for responses...

cool car! 310 HP its pretty cool! :drunk: enjoy it! and congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Andrew.

I don't think it's to much to ask that of 58 views, someone good say something.

Even an "I don't like it" would have been better to me than nothing.

Thanks for the comments, those of you that took the time.

Maybe i'm off track here, but I don't consider buying a "new" car any sort of life achievement, especially when it's a hyundai. At 25 I would be more focused on buying a better used car that won't tank in value as quickly. Especially if you don't own a home yet, etc.

I'm not much older than you so take it for what it's worth.

Figured since I now have a car that will run with C5 POS's, I at least have that to post.

What does POS stand for?

What does POS stand for?

try typing C-O-R-V-E-T-T-E but without the spaces. Its a filter one of the mods made.

Guest skokos
Maybe i'm off track here, but I don't consider buying a "new" car any sort of life achievement, especially when it's a hyundai. At 25 I would be more focused on buying a better used car that won't tank in value as quickly. Especially if you don't own a home yet, etc.

I'm not much older than you so take it for what it's worth.

What gets me is the "im only 25 so the lambo will have to come later" comment. UMMMM 25 isnt that young anymore. Im 24 and stopped playing that "im only" card when I graduated highschool.

How many of our forum members have had lambos self bought at the ages of 18,19,20 etc. I can think of 7 off the top of my head.

I purchased a new subaru wrx when i turned 19. where are my kudos? :lol2:

Guess i shouldn't have bothered.

58 views and not a single comment.

I thought people would be happy for me that I've bought a new car at 25.

I guess not.

thanks anyway....

attention_whore.jpg

Sorry, usually I'm not mean, but damn dude.

attention_whore.jpg

You are mean. He is 25 and got a NEW car!

We LP'ers did not give him the handjob he thinks he deserves or wants from the dominant gender of this LAMBORGHINI forum.

Shame on us. Starting with YOU!

25 isnt that your or that old, I tend to think its a matter or priority, if you are reinvesting your assets, then a lambo may have to wait, however Skokos is right, several members certainly have purchased them in their 20s.

Congrats, but wrong way to do it.

I'm 22, bought my first new car when I was 20. Nothing crazy, but it will work through college, grad school, and into my professional career until "that day."

We're all at different starting points and different paths, good luck to you, and congrats again on the car.

Just don't expect much patting on the back or congrats on a Hyundai purchase on a Lamborghini forum! Just that way around here.

Had you not made post #2, you wouldn't have received some of the responses that you are receiving.

Congrats on the new car. Enjoy it.. :icon_thumleft:

attention_whore.jpg

I don't think I'm an attention whore at all. I would have never made that comment if there were no views on my thread at all.

I was just hurt that no one even said anything.

Buy this Hyundai and I'll be impressed:

contiimg_0008.jpg

Hey, J/K....this post is just a ribbing...enjoy your new car.

see this is the type of response i expected to get.

Light hearted ribbing.

Skokos:

I know there are members on this forum that have been extremely fortunate at a very early age, but i highly doubt the average Lambo owner is under 35.

Had you not made post #2, you wouldn't have received some of the responses that you are receiving.

Congrats on the new car. Enjoy it.. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Kisko. I will.

Enjoy your Lambo too :D

Skokos:

I know there are members on this forum that have been extremely fortunate at a very early age, but i highly doubt the average Lambo owner is under 35.

I would bet that largely depends on your georaphical location. Around SoCal G's are owned by people under 30 very regularly.

In regard to the "views" thing... you titled the thread "my first new car" to which most of us thought hey, might be something cool, a noteworthy life achievement etc.

Open thread.

A chubby kid standing next to a V6 hyundai.

fail, moving on to something more exciting than hearing about grandpa's spastic bowel.

The lack of response was pretty much because nobody gives a fcuk.

Now go buy a Mach 3, get a gym pass, and have a girl at nordstroms help you pick out a decent wardrobe.