Just got my frist new car

Pumcy

Your Hyundai is a nice first 'new' car, and I do hope you enjoy it. As for what you could have gotten used for 25 G's:

Mercedes CL600 ... and that comes with a V12, provided you can afford maintenance

VW Phaeton W12 ... A Bentley in drag, and this comes with a 12 cylinder engine also

Audi A8L ... extremely lux vehicle, especially in the right color combo

Acura NSX ... provided you got an older one

BMW 745li ... I think they're overrated, but this could have been had for less than 20 g's

Porsche 911 Carrera ... Hyundai vs. Porsche ... speaks for itself

Maserati Cambiocorsa ... Convertible or coupe; Ferrari sourced motor

As others have stated, age is irrelevant; there are many with Lamborghini's and other exotics who are younger than 25. There's a saying, 'it's not how much money you make, it's what you do with the money you make;' unless you have a pointless amount of money, many would say buying new is not 'money-smart.' Then again, to each their own, though next time, definitely look at the opportunity to buy a low mileage used luxury/exotic/sports car.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as some hate them, a diesel pickup truck is a GREAT daily driver. You can pick up a low mile (30k ish) 05-06 loaded duramax crew cab silverado for mid 20's. It will get low 20mpg on the highway, is very comfortable and roomy, tons of power, and it will last as long as you want to drive it. Plus the resale is exceptionally good at this price point. In another 2-3 years and 100k miles you will only lose a couple grand in resale value.

Hell for low 30's you could pick up an early Viper GTS.

Guest skokos

:iamwithstupid: Im with vector and Anon.

Last car I bought was a 2001 BMW 740il Highline.

Best damn car I have ever owned. Could have bought a new car in the same price range but I felt i got A LOT more car for the money getting a used luxury vehicle instead of a "new" hyundai or civic etc.

And Pumcy. As far as the "I was just hurt that no one even said anything. " I'm sensing a lot of childhood hurt in this post. Man the f.u.c.k up. The worlds gonna eat you alive if not receiving a response to a internet posting by a bunch of random strangers hurt your feelings.

While agree with the two posts above....you guys cant honestly say someone buying a 25G car should buy any of those as a daily driver! Give me a break. That CL600 has an issue and it will cost him 20% of the price of the fcuking car to fix it! And daily drive a viper!? Please! hahahahaha. I agree you can get more with the money, like a nice 3 or 5 series with extended warranty, you cant even go about comparing mega depreciated luxury and sports cars! While the price may be a bargain, the maintenance and upkeep on them is still that of a car of their original value!

While agree with the two posts above....you guys cant honestly say someone buying a 25G car should buy any of those as a daily driver! Give me a break. That CL600 has an issue and it will cost him 20% of the price of the fcuking car to fix it! And daily drive a viper!? Please! hahahahaha. I agree you can get more with the money, like a nice 3 or 5 series with extended warranty, you cant even go about comparing mega depreciated luxury and sports cars! While the price may be a bargain, the maintenance and upkeep on them is still that of a car of their original value!

This is exactly why i didn't got that route.

Not to mention the fact that I live in Canada, so NONE of the cars that Vector mentioned are remotely in my price range. They would all be much more than the 32 grand this car was stickered at. And don't forget the fact that there's snow on the ground for 7 months of the year where I live. that's the only reason i didn't go with a used V ette actually.

A 3 series could have been doable, but I was looking for something with more go than show. I can't afford a 335i, so any BMW i could afford would be much slower than my Genesis. 5series is way out of budget unless i looked at a MUCH older car.

Canadian vehicle prices SUCK!

This isn't me first car, just my first new car. I have had 4 previous used cars, that in less than 2 years, cost me more in repairs each than the purchase price of the car. I decided that having a regular payment with no repair surprises will allow me to put some money away for a better car, instead of keeping an older car on the road.

Anon, you really don't need to be that rude. If you don't like that car, fair enough. You don't have to come here and belittle me for it though. You didn't even use your own username to do it.

"A chubby kid standing next to a V6 hyundai.

fail, moving on to something more exciting than hearing about grandpa's spastic bowel."

This isn't your everyday Hyundai, it's much more exciting than grandpa's spastic bowels.

What, I know multiple people who have over 100k miles on their vipers and do drive them almost daily. Much like other american cars they don't require a ton of maintenance to keep them running. It isn't for everyone, but they are dead nuts reliable.

I purchased a new subaru wrx when i turned 19. where are my kudos? :lol2:

Whoah, dude, you brought a brand new WRX at 19 Kudos LOL, everyone on the "LAMBORGHINI" forum should bow down and worship you LOL

sorry couldnt resists. but i agree with your sentiments exactly.

dude, its a nice car, but if you're looking for a handjob from people perhaps go to a Hyundai Forum. The guys on this forum are generally pretty nice, and not really that judgemental if you drive something other than a Lambo, and most of the commentary is out of fun in relation to other POS's but theres always been pretty constructive discussion about things even as basic as a Mini Cooper, Smart Car, or even a Porsche 944.

Enjoy your new toy in good health, and perhaps enjoy it for yourself, and not for other people. thats the one thing that puts me off cars these days, its that people have them for status or "look at me" and not because its something they deeply enjoy. concentrate on your own happiness, and i think people would envy you far mre if they can see that you are a happy stable comfortable individual rather than someone who needs wide spread acceptance.

I thnk perhaps we should lay off the guy, i dont think he's has meant to do anything but be excited about his new toy, perhaps we should lock the thread before we start getting more Burn's going on.

Nahhhh Looney, he wanted responses, he's gonna get'em. An Im gonna be nice (sort of).

LOL everyone gave me a good laugh with this thread!!! Perhaps the OP should've looked around and spent a little more time getting to know the forum a bit, rather than BAITING everyone with a "My first NEW car" title (errr actually FRIST new car). Of course you'd get looks dude, its a lambo forum and the possibility of someone showing us a Spyker or whatever NEW (something on order)) or whatever. You posted a pic of a Hyundai (with all due respect), its a Hyundai (a quick little car, gotten good reviews), but still its a Hyundai....On a Lamborghini Forum.

So what did you expect: Click to see what's up......awwww damnnnnn nothing to see here....'back-click' and on to something else more interesting. Bottom line.

Again, no offense intended, like said before, just don't expect a handjob for buying a Hyundai on a Lamborghini Website. Contrary to many other sites, there aren't alot of "fan-boys" here (or did you not notice that), again spending a little time you'dve gotten that clue. So trying to throw in some sarcasm to the lack of response to your thread got you what you were looking for, I guess. Responses...

I respectfully congratulate you on your purchase, afterall the acquisition of a new vehicle (whatever it may be) is definately something to be proud of and happy about. The feeling is surely one of conquest and achievement. Nice job, now keep going............

I turn 25 in a couple of months. Can you please post a more detailed review? Do you think this would be a good car for me to purchase?

A chubby kid standing next to a V6 hyundai.

fail, moving on to something more exciting than hearing about grandpa's spastic bowel.

The lack of response was pretty much because nobody gives a fcuk.

Now go buy a Mach 3, get a gym pass, and have a girl at nordstroms help you pick out a decent wardrobe.

Was that really necessary?? Grow up..

I turn 25 in a couple of months. Can you please post a more detailed review? Do you think this would be a good car for me to purchase?

ha.

As long as you like it and it makes you happy then congrats. Some people like Hyundai's while others go for Lambos.

I have a feeling everyone is on their best behavior and being extra nice, it could have been much worse.

As long as you like it and it makes you happy then congrats. Some people like Hyundai's while others go for Lambos.

I have a feeling everyone is on their best behavior and being extra nice, it could have been much worse.

I think he's very lucky today was a Friday..

This thread just shows why this forum is the best. Enjoy your car, and please remember, peraphrasing what a member said here in another thread - Ìf people care about you only because you have something nice, or don`t, then you should not be hanging with those people.

Please elaborate more. Are you looking to score nice! females through the pussy magnet installation?

Nahhhh Looney, he wanted responses, he's gonna get'em. An Im gonna be nice (sort of).

LOL everyone gave me a good laugh with this thread!!! Perhaps the OP should've looked around and spent a little more time getting to know the forum a bit, rather than BAITING everyone with a "My first NEW car" title (errr actually FRIST new car). Of course you'd get looks dude, its a lambo forum and the possibility of someone showing us a Spyker or whatever NEW (something on order)) or whatever. You posted a pic of a Hyundai (with all due respect), its a Hyundai (a quick little car, gotten good reviews), but still its a Hyundai....On a Lamborghini Forum.

So what did you expect: Click to see what's up......awwww damnnnnn nothing to see here....'back-click' and on to something else more interesting. Bottom line.

Again, no offense intended, like said before, just don't expect a handjob for buying a Hyundai on a Lamborghini Website. Contrary to many other sites, there aren't alot of "fan-boys" here (or did you not notice that), again spending a little time you'dve gotten that clue. So trying to throw in some sarcasm to the lack of response to your thread got you what you were looking for, I guess. Responses...

I respectfully congratulate you on your purchase, afterall the acquisition of a new vehicle (whatever it may be) is definately something to be proud of and happy about. The feeling is surely one of conquest and achievement. Nice job, now keep going............

I have been reading this forum for 3 years. I don't post a lot because of what happened when kids under 18 were barred from the site. I didn't want to get myself banned for talking about a car I know fcuk all about, but I do love lamborghinis.

I finally got a new car of my own, that isn't just a basic daily driver. Thought you guys would appreciate a first step into performance car territory.

I didn't mean to "bait" anyone. I truly didn't consider it.

Sure it's a Hyundai, and this is a Lambo forum, but as someone else mentioned there's been discussion about cars as normal as a Mini. I figured a Genesis Coupe is good enough to be mentioned here.

Thanks to everyone that was nice. I didn't expect a "hand joh" for buying a Hyundai, but I also didn't expect to get flamed like I did.

Perhaps that was naiive of me.

anyway, I won't waist anyones time with more pictures unless someone asks for them

thanks to those that took the time to post.

What, I know multiple people who have over 100k miles on their vipers and do drive them almost daily. Much like other American cars they don't require a ton of maintenance to keep them running. It isn't for everyone, but they are dead nuts reliable.

NOT

The later model Viper SRT-10's (03 & later) are fine, I've had 2.

The earlier ones had issues. I had a blue/white 97 that was breaking down constantly & for a diffident thing each time. It was a cool car, but if I drove it daily, I would have spent a lot of time waiting for a tow truck. It spent more time on a flat bed than in my garage.

I have been reading this forum for 3 years. I don't post a lot because of what happened when kids under 18 were barred from the site. I didn't want to get myself banned for talking about a car I know fcuk all about, but I do love lamborghinis.

I finally got a new car of my own, that isn't just a basic daily driver. Thought you guys would appreciate a first step into performance car territory.

I didn't mean to "bait" anyone. I truly didn't consider it.

Sure it's a Hyundai, and this is a Lambo forum, but as someone else mentioned there's been discussion about cars as normal as a Mini. I figured a Genesis Coupe is good enough to be mentioned here.

Thanks to everyone that was nice. I didn't expect a "hand joh" for buying a Hyundai, but I also didn't expect to get flamed like I did.

Perhaps that was naiive of me.

anyway, I won't waist anyones time with more pictures unless someone asks for them

thanks to those that took the time to post.

You are failing to understand the FAILure of your posts. It's not that you got a Hyundai and posted it on a lambo forum.

It's your second post. Go back and re read.

This thread is no longer funny (except for Sprite and looney's posts).

hahaha that was mean!! :)