how to remove door panel, door window fell off track

BadV10

Over time I noticed when people would shut my passanger door it would always rattle. Today someone shut it and I went to buzz the window up and it won't go up. I can see it come up about 1/2" and then it goes back down. Something came undone with in the door. Does the door panel come off easy? I only see one screw on the outside, it's close to the door hinge area. Then there is one on the speaker grill on the bottom of the door. I look forward to someone's advise on how to remove the door panel.

Check on lamboweb.com

He's got instructions on how to change your side view mirrors, and in that is how to remove the door panel.

Check on lamboweb.com

He's got instructions on how to change your side view mirrors, and in that is how to remove the door panel.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out now. :icon_thumleft:

Ok, I took the door panel off. Very easy to do. I found what the problem was. A bolt had backed off on the rear window mount where it mounts to the rear track. Very easy fix. I took some photos to show.

dsc_0021.jpg

dsc_0020.jpg

I heard that removing the door panel handle was the tricky part. There are clips that break easily.

How did you remove the door panel handle exactly? Which direction to you "push" it? and do you have to also push "in"?

Some owners have said that you have to break the door handle to get it off. Obviously not!

I have read the LamboWeb detail, where John repairs his mirror, but if you could explain in better detail, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

I heard that removing the door panel handle was the tricky part. There are clips that break easily.

How did you remove the door panel handle exactly? Which direction to you "push" it? and do you have to also push "in"?

Some owners have said that you have to break the door handle to get it off. Obviously not!

I have read the LamboWeb detail, where John repairs his mirror, but if you could explain in better detail, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

You are right. LamboWeb left some serious detail out of how to remove the door handle bezel.

I've attached some photos with notes to help better explain how to remove them.

bezel1.jpg

bezel2.jpg

bezel3.jpg

Great stuff. Thanks for the writeup. PM Doltmo and have him include your pics in his instructions.

Great stuff. Thanks for the writeup. PM Doltmo and have him include your pics in his instructions.

Sorry, the write up on LamboWeb on the mirror repair was not mine. You might want to contact John Monahan to make sure he adds these important details to his site.

BadV10: Great work on documenting the process!

Sorry, the write up on LamboWeb on the mirror repair was not mine. You might want to contact John Monahan to make sure he adds these important details to his site.

BadV10: Great work on documenting the process!

D'oh. Sorry. Thought it was yours (you do have some on that site, correct?).

Thanks guys! It wasn't much, but I thought I would share. The next thing DIY I'll post will be how to remotely switch on/off your muffler by-pass valves from inside the car.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 years later...
On 8/25/2009 at 6:18 PM, BadV10 said:

You are right. LamboWeb left some serious detail out of how to remove the door handle bezel.

I've attached some photos with notes to help better explain how to remove them.

bezel1.jpg

bezel2.jpg

bezel3.jpg

I know this is a super old thread but I just got my first Gallardo and the speakers are starting to go and I'm having trouble removing the interior door handle, the photos don't appear on the thread anymore, any chance someone has them?