Which expensive designers do you put on?

highroller FXX

I'm looking in to buying some expensive suits and was intrested in Armani And Versace. Now I think I may have to purchase a Brioni or Stefano Ricci suit to be able to say I have the best one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_karol/2036288954/ I saw a shirt like this in the Stefano Ricci store and am seriously considering buying it. Does anybody know how much it may cost? I know the cuff links are 6k, but they're gold.

I'm looking in to buying some expensive suits and was intrested in Armani And Versace. Now I think I may have to purchase a Brioni or Stefano Ricci suit to be able to say I have the best one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_karol/2036288954/ I saw a shirt like this in the Stefano Ricci store and am seriously considering buying it. Does anybody know how much it may cost? I know the cuff links are 6k, but they're gold.

You ran into some money?

You should buy what compliments your body type, who gives a shit what people say when you tell them that it's not the most expensive on the block? And who's gonna ask anyway, how jaded and materialistic are your friends? I like the Zegna Z-cut suits, they fit remarkably well and I've never had to have one made to measure.

Link to Bluefly

I bought the above suit a while ago and it's my favorite one, I feel like a million bucks every time I put it on.

Only you know what you like. There's nothing wrong with sticking to fine clothes if you can afford it. Well designed suits are worth every penny. They are, in fact, inexpensive compared to some other personal items and toys that people own, especially guys on this board.

It's not the name tag but it's the cutting that counts.

The "better" brands may (emphasis on "may") have better materials but each brand also has their own signature on fit and cutting. I.e. the same size of different brands will have huge differences in looks and fit. Buy the one that fits you best with minimal alterations.

If you really want to indulge, go to the top brand name shop that also sells fabrics, buy some and then find the best tailor in town and tailor-make the suit.

When it comes to clothes, most people don't know what they are looking at anyway so it really doesn't matter what you have. Just buy what you want and what looks good on you. Price shouldn't come into play when it comes to fasion, but don't take that to seriously.

Some of that stuff in the picture looks like straight out of Austin Powers! lol! But I have no fashion sense. I buy my clothes at TJ Maxx when I can find good deals there. So what if one sleeve is a little longer than the other. lol!

Their silk shirts are around $1200 . Way overpriced imo.

At the end of the day, in my opinion an off the rack suit is an off the rack suit, regardless of price. If you're spending that much you gotta go bespoke. Why not visit Savile row and just have them make you exactly what you.

You should buy what compliments your body type, who gives a shit what people say when you tell them that it's not the most expensive on the block? And who's gonna ask anyway, how jaded and materialistic are your friends? I like the Zegna Z-cut suits, they fit remarkably well and I've never had to have one made to measure.

Link to Bluefly

I bought the above suit a while ago and it's my favorite one, I feel like a million bucks every time I put it on.

And it is 54% off!! $650.00 for a Zegna suit seems cheap. :icon_thumleft:

Someone who is taking 100+ pics of boutiques on Rodeo Drive is probably not in the market for a 3k + suit, just a guess.... :unsure:

I've bought 3 suits lately, none over 600 each, they were cut for my body and then tailored. No one has ever asked for a brand, and no one ever should.

I would say do a custom tailored, but if you want an off the rack and altered to you go with Canali. I love their suites. IMO versace, gucci and those types are over priced for what you get.

How do you guys like Hermes stuff? Shoes in particular - I know they love their ties and bags, but how are their shirts/pants? I am asking because I know Tod's supposed to be pretty good, but when I checked them out they left things to be desired, I hope Hermes isn't the same way.

Just looking for shoes with quality that won't break in a year and fit very well.

QUOTE (Rawr @ Sep 6 2009, 02:06 PM) *

Just looking for shoes with quality that won't break in a year and fit very well.

Cole Haan, Mezlan, Bruno Magli

Bruno Maglis are one of the best shoes. The quality is amazing.

As for suits why not have one made in Hong Kong or Thailand by the Indian tailors. They are quick and very well priced, One of the Tailor in HK even made suits for President Clinton.

I've bought 3 suits lately, none over 600 each, they were cut for my body and then tailored. No one has ever asked for a brand, and no one ever should.

:iamwithstupid: Exactly, unless you're on the "red carpet" who asks, "Who are you wearing?"