Best paying sales jobs for a guy?

Rawr

I am thinking of getting back into sales, wondering what the general opinion here is on the best sales positions for a guy (in his 20's) and the best markets for the next few years.

Thank you.

I am thinking of getting back into sales, wondering what the general opinion here is on the best sales positions for a guy (in his 20's) and the best markets for the next few years.

Thank you.

Enterprise Software Sales..........educational markets are doing really well right now.

A good friend works (they were just acquired) here and is making $400k a yr - http://www.talisma.com/

Litigation Support Sales will make you $200k plus a year.

I don't think it's so much about being in "the right field" so much, while it doesn't hurt, as it is, "being the best in your field."

Don't get me wrong, sales in some facets can make you a very good living. Granted, I did sales for quite a while for my age, and was very good at it. BUT I am enjoying being out of it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Litigation Support Sales will make you $200k plus a year.

From what I know you sell services to attorneys to make their lives easier. this could be document services, discovery, depositions, blah blah.

I'm definitely interested to hear what has to be said about the details.

i am 24 years old and have worked for a life insurance company for 4 years now. made 80k year 1, 150k year 2, 292k year 3, over 500k year 4. on top of that, i have a renewal account that is paying over 20k a month. i plan to retire at the 10 year mark when i can make 100k per month on renewal income. check into it, shit if you are really interested i can get you a job anywhere in the states. good luck bro!

ben

As Kinnsella mentioned..SW sales is a great place to be.

Company's like Symantec offer unlimited earning potential, I have a buddy their making 7 figures.

Storage is also a great place to be. If you deliver results, companies like NetApp and EMC pay very well ($500K+)

litigation support sales....

basically support services to law firms usually revolving around b2b litigation.

documents (physical and electronic) from both sides need to be produced to opposing counsel and then processed to exact the relevant data. In large cases this can amount to millions of pages of documents.

simple production would be just photocopying or microfilming and exchanging.

more complex would be scanning and then indexing documents for relevant metadata. essentially creating a searchable database of the entire document population by document type, date range, to, from, cc'ed etc.

most complex would be ocr'ing docs (that can be) and doing a summary review of each document that again would be searchable now down to a key word level within the document.

additionally processing of emails in a similar way, extraction of the metadata, attachments etc.

usually the processing of documents is done in the US, the electronic files are then sent to India or the Phillipines for the metadata processing due to the fact that process is hugely labor intensive.

they are other aspects of the litigation support sales, however this is where you make you money. document productions can run into the millions of dollars on the right cases - sales people usually make 8 %- 10% comission on the total dollars brought in.

sales is the most dynamic and lucrative job, but it is also the most devastating. You must always be innovating to stay ahead of the rest.

You have a job in Puerto Vallarta if you want it.

Sell anything that people are willing to buy. It doesnt matter what it is. There are some that wont go away: Like stockbroker or mortgage broker/ loan officer. Both havent slowed for the good guys.

Bottom line you gotta be a killer, kick-ass salesperson regardless. So if you're not now, make sure you become one, cause those are basically the only ones hanging around right now in these times.

i am 24 years old and have worked for a life insurance company for 4 years now. made 80k year 1, 150k year 2, 292k year 3, over 500k year 4. on top of that, i have a renewal account that is paying over 20k a month. i plan to retire at the 10 year mark when i can make 100k per month on renewal income. check into it, shit if you are really interested i can get you a job anywhere in the states. good luck bro!

ben

What company do you work for? I'm having to close my store at the end of October and I'm looking for something new.

Thanks,

-J

ben

very true.... although its not that easy in todays time.

if you are interested in this field shoot me a pm.

BTW Sales is also the #1 paying job in the U.S. ahead of Doctors and attorneys. but i also think you have to be born with a gift (this is not something you can learn at a university)

ben

Do your research before getting too excited, boys. I know nothing of this company. But it seems a lot of people do.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/...-life-c413.html

"This is a terrible company, lead by unethical people who find it convenient to over promise and under deliver, specifically Roger Smith (CEO), Scott Smith (ExVP), and Rob Falvo (VP). I was contracted with this company for over 6 years. During the last 3 years this company contacted with over 7000 new agents. In that same period over 6900 agents terminated their contracts, most in less than 6 months, most earning less than $2000 before they paid expenses................."

Do your research before getting too excited, boys. I know nothing of this company. But it seems a lot of people do.

"This is a terrible company, lead by unethical people who find it convenient to over promise and under deliver, specifically Roger Smith (CEO), Scott Smith (ExVP), and Rob Falvo (VP). I was contracted with this company for over 6 years. During the last 3 years this company contacted with over 7000 new agents. In that same period over 6900 agents terminated their contracts, most in less than 6 months, most earning less than $2000 before they paid expenses................."

oopps

wow, thats crazy! but you cant let one bad apple spoil the reputation of the industry.

it happens to be a wonderful career path, you just need to be careful who you contract with. (like everything else in life)

it happens to be a wonderful career path, you just need to be careful who you contract with. (like everything else in life)

Of course, people can make decent living doing sales in the insurance industry. But the top ones make good money not so much because of the industry, it's because they are great at what they do. When you talk about doing sales, what you are really selling is yourself. It doesn't matter if you are selling RE, insurance, or jewelery.

The turnover rate in the insurance industry is incredibly high. Most of the best sales people focus on the development of long term relationship. So if anyone of you is thinking of going into sales to make $ quickly, you've got lots of homework to do.

PIMP

you know reading complaint boards and bullshit on the internet about the company is great. we are also all over scam.com and some other stupid websites. what these idiots dont mention is the fact that the company is A+ rated or that the torchmark corporation is top 10 largest insurance co's or that we have made profit 46 consecutive years in a row. how about that hotjobs put ail in the top 100 companys to work for

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/careers-601428-Am...=TopCompanyList

just because some dumb asses came to work for our company and failed doesnt mean the company or opportunity is bad. what i would really love to see is which one of the losers that posted on that site is successful doing something else?

no-one ever said the job was easy, as a matter of fact success rate in the insurance business is less than 2 out of 10. the reason for such a high turnover at the company is that many agencies will hire any idiot and give them a chance and therefore have so much failure. my office in san jose ca is the number 1 office in the country which i opened myself in 2008 and have worked my ass off to make awsome. i have only lost 10 people since i started and have over 60 working for me, so dont base your research on some crybabies online.

btw no ever makes mention to the fact that our company has the fastest paying claims dept in the business and also that our rates for insurance are the best in the nation.

good luck in what you do, but know the opportunity is real enough to allow a 24 year old kid who came from nothing and parents have nothing to drive a murci everyday.

thanks

ben

you know reading complaint boards and bullshit on the internet about the company is great. we are also all over scam.com and some other stupid websites. what these idiots dont mention is the fact that the company is A+ rated or that the torchmark corporation is top 10 largest insurance co's or that we have made profit 46 consecutive years in a row. how about that hotjobs put ail in the top 100 companys to work for

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/careers-601428-Am...=TopCompanyList

just because some dumb asses came to work for our company and failed doesnt mean the company or opportunity is bad. what i would really love to see is which one of the losers that posted on that site is successful doing something else?

no-one ever said the job was easy, as a matter of fact success rate in the insurance business is less than 2 out of 10. the reason for such a high turnover at the company is that many agencies will hire any idiot and give them a chance and therefore have so much failure. my office in san jose ca is the number 1 office in the country which i opened myself in 2008 and have worked my ass off to make awsome. i have only lost 10 people since i started and have over 60 working for me, so dont base your research on some crybabies online.

btw no ever makes mention to the fact that our company has the fastest paying claims dept in the business and also that our rates for insurance are the best in the nation.

good luck in what you do, but know the opportunity is real enough to allow a 24 year old kid who came from nothing and parents have nothing to drive a murci everyday.

thanks

ben

Torchmark?

The same Torchmark that has relations with United American Insurance?

Oh lord, these guys are bottom feeders.

And the insurance sucks donkey balls.

Torchmark?

The same Torchmark that has relations with United American Insurance?

Oh lord, these guys are bottom feeders.

And the insurance sucks donkey balls.

i dont know about united, i only work for AIL. our products are great. anyways

ben