Best Exercise to cut body fat/Gain Muscle

pockmark

Anyone take clenbuterol?

It increases your blood pressure, dizzyness etc....Good to hear you're gonna stop taking as from what you mention, its not healthy or long term usage.

As for training equipments like the ones shown on tv or otherwise - Not necessary as not only is it a waste of dough, but will it clog your house space once you get bored of it.

A quick example is using Prison style techniques to condition/build yourself. No equipments etc. Just your own bodyweight and creativity.

Look at how buff this guys are, although spending 23 hours confined in a cell.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a decent workout I do. I go to the gym for about 1-1.5 hrs. just thought i'd see if clen can help speed up the process lol

took nitric oxide today. that stuff puts you in the zone for sure lol

this is how I'm currently training:

mon- chest/back/shoulders/arms + cardio

tue - legs

wed - cardio only

thur - back/chest + cardio

fri - legs

sat - shoulders/arms + cardio

sun - cardio

I started P90X two months ago...this thing kicked my ass at first, but this week I passed the reps they do on the DVDs in most exercises. As long as you keep pushing yourself, you'll get what you want.

Before starting P90X I had been going to the gym for about 2 years and I didn't have much success. P90X honestly gives you everything, cardio, nutrition, and work outs that hurt like fcuk (in a good way), you can't compare it to the gym.

I used to be able to do 1 pull up...sad, now I do between 20 and 30.

I started P90X two months ago...this thing kicked my ass at first, but this week I passed the reps they do on the DVDs in most exercises. As long as you keep pushing yourself, you'll get what you want.

Before starting P90X I had been going to the gym for about 2 years and I didn't have much success. P90X honestly gives you everything, cardio, nutrition, and work outs that hurt like fcuk (in a good way), you can't compare it to the gym.

I don't think it's much for muscle building but f-yeah it will get you in shape and shed the excess pounds.

I don't think it's much for muscle building but f-yeah it will get you in shape and shed the excess pounds.

If you're aiming for gaining weight you have to drink the recovery drink and eat the protein bars they supply, it's basically just eating more, but not stuff that is too unhealthy.

Very nice...

Question: pull ups with your knuckles facing your or your palm facing you??

Still impressive...20-30. While I've never made it a goal to do a ton of pull ups, I could do several with palm facing, and 1-2 with knuckles facing me.

Right now, I can do about fifteen straight pullups (palms facing away) where I lower down and lock out my elbows before pulling up, so I do them in sets of six, for ten sets, twice a week (so sixty pullups each time). I have to test my max repetitions again.

Been back at the gym for about a month now 4-5 times a week. Have to go in the morning before work to really push me to go.

Been getting noticeably stronger. Yesterday I was able to put up 225lbs on bench 5 times on my last set. Haven't been able to do that since high school.

Haven't maxed out yet, but I would guess 245-265.

I do the following:

mon-chest/triceps

tues-lats/middle back/biceps

Wed-shoulders/traps

thurs-legs/calves

friday-chest/triceps

the next week, I will do 2 days of back and biceps and 1 of chest-triceps

Very nice...

Question: pull ups with your knuckles facing your or your palm facing you??

Still impressive...20-30. While I've never made it a goal to do a ton of pull ups, I could do several with palm facing, and 1-2 with knuckles facing me.

I do pull ups with knuckles closest, palms away. Back in February I was talking to a Marine and he said he could do 35, that's my goal; being as fit as a Marine is what I'm aiming for, in terms of strength, stamina and everything else.

Lever pullups are a goal of mine, they are pullups, except you contract so as to pull your body parallel to the ground, and then while holding that position, crank out pullups.

Has anyone dealt with shoulder rotator cuff inflammation? At least I think that's what it is - I've been doing some things that are ruff on them and it hurt to do some motions. I stopped doing upper body for a while now, its slowly going away.. how long does this take?

Been back at the gym for about a month now 4-5 times a week. Have to go in the morning before work to really push me to go.

Been getting noticeably stronger. Yesterday I was able to put up 225lbs on bench 5 times on my last set. Haven't been able to do that since high school.

I do the following:

mon-chest/triceps

Wed-shoulders/traps

thurs-legs/calves

friday-chest/triceps

This is me yesterday after eating 6 slices of pizza and bloated as hell. This is after 3 1/2 weeks of going to the gym.

post-679-1268918489_thumb.jpg

I do the following:

mon-chest/triceps

Wed-shoulders/traps

thurs-legs/calves

friday-chest/triceps

Mike, why are you hitting chest/tris twice per week?? I wouldn't recommend it, especially since you only are giving your chest a 2 day rest before hitting it again on Monday. It's a bigger muscle and needs recooperation and healing time to grow. I suggest...

M - Chest/tris

T - Quads (front of the leg)

W - Back / bis

Th - Calvs / hams (back of the leg)

F - Shoulders / abs

Keep up the good work, and if you ever need any diet tips, let me know. It's 80% diet, and 20% training.

Mike, why are you hitting chest/tris twice per week?? I wouldn't recommend it, especially since you only are giving your chest a 2 day rest before hitting it again on Monday. It's a bigger muscle and needs recooperation and healing time to grow. I suggest...

M - Chest/tris

T - Quads (front of the leg)

W - Back / bis

Th - Calvs / hams (back of the leg)

F - Shoulders / abs

Keep up the good work, and if you ever need any diet tips, let me know...

Yea I still need to lose a good 15lbs-20lbs of fat.

One week I do back/bi's 2 times a week, the week after, I do chest/tri's 2 times a week and back/bi's once. I can't split up legs as I do Squats which works out entire lower body, and I target that once a week.

When I was REALLY big, I was doing back/bi's and chest/tri's 2 times a week each. I was also benching around 305lbs, and doing incline presses with 100lb dumbbells.

Has anyone dealt with shoulder rotator cuff inflammation? At least I think that's what it is - I've been doing some things that are ruff on them and it hurt to do some motions. I stopped doing upper body for a while now, its slowly going away.. how long does this take?

my right rotator cuff gets messed up anytime I do any heavy shoulder presses etc. its been like that for 4-5 years. if i push myself too hard i can't go to the gym for a month. went and saw a few doctors and even went to a chiropractor. nothing helped.

i think i need to improve my flexibility a bit here. My shoulder even starts to hurt when I do squats and pull my arms back to keep the bar balanced. I'm stuck at 275 squat, 275 dead, 275 bench. I need to get some straps to do deadlifts. my grip gives out way too fast.

I have much better results when I workout each bodypart two times a week. On monday/tuesday I end up working out my entire body with emphasis on going heavy and low reps. thurs/fri/sat...i do the same again but higher reps less weight. works out well.

Yea I still need to lose a good 15lbs-20lbs of fat.

One week I do back/bi's 2 times a week, the week after, I do chest/tri's 2 times a week and back/bi's once. I can't split up legs as I do Squats which works out entire lower body, and I target that once a week.

When I was REALLY big, I was doing back/bi's and chest/tri's 2 times a week each. I was also benching around 305lbs, and doing incline presses with 100lb dumbbells.

I see. I guess I wouldn't recommend doing big muscles like Chest, back, and quads twice a week, but if it works for you, then cool.

I see. I guess I wouldn't recommend doing big muscles like Chest, back, and quads twice a week, but if it works for you, then cool.

Although it doesn't show it in the picture, I also do abs every other day.

I wish they had a neck machine in my gym. I miss my no-neck days.

for the neck I lay down on the bench, put a towel with a light weight on my forehead (5-10lb plate) and hold it with my arms there, then move my head back off the bench and back up.

for the neck I lay down on the bench, put a towel with a light weight on my forehead (5-10lb plate) and hold it with my arms there, then move my head back off the bench and back up.

For as big as my gym is, it should have a neck machine.

With the exercise mentioned, you also miss out on the sides and back of the neck.

You'd look good if you lost the fat mike.

I've changed my workout, but here's what I'm hitting

M-Chest

T-Legs

W- Off

Th-Back/Triceps

Fri-Shoulders/Biceps

Sat-Chest/Legs or a weaker muscle group.

Off

I always try to run at least 1 mile every day. After leg day I take 2 days off from running usually. What's the point of looking good when I get winded carrying a girl on my back?

My gym has a neck machine :-). I never use it though. I should.

BTW, does anyone own a pair of vibram fivefingers? I'm thinking about buying a pair for running. Don't be too afraid to come out!

You'd look good if you lost the fat mike.

I've changed my workout, but here's what I'm hitting

M-Chest

T-Legs

W- Off

Th-Back/Triceps

Fri-Shoulders/Biceps

Sat-Chest/Legs or a weaker muscle group.

Off

I am doing the 2 days on and 1 day off routine. Basically I train 2 different body part per day,exerting myself only up to the point when I feel the "pump". Going to the gym and just working on one part is a waste of commute time and effort, I feel.

I can visually see the difference in build if I keep to this plan. Any deviation and I lose form and de-grade quite quickly. I find this odd but time and time again I have noticed this so I try to listen to my body constantly. Maybe it due to all those competitive long distance running during my youth days.

BTW, does anyone own a pair of vibram fivefingers? I'm thinking about buying a pair for running. Don't be too afraid to come out!

LOL i saw some guy wearing them on monday for the first time at the gym. He was squatting. I laughed when I saw them...I think I'll stick with some shox.