Dyno video of my TT Gallardo prepped for the Texas Mile

Barron

I'm not sure what the lambo standing mile record is, but I'm sure it runs a good chance of being broken. The overall record in the first time at the mile is unrealistic for any first timer at ANY event. I have a personal goal in the mile, and breaking the overall record is not the goal. I certainly don't want to find out the hard way the aerodynamic limits (or lack) of an 05 Gallardo :) I'm driving my own car, and my comfort level at speed is important!

At least I won't be at home bench racing :)

Jonah

I know a Supra ran 243 or 246 at the last Mile in March 2009. That car broke on the next run and it was turned up a little from the 24X run.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kidding about SW being from Austin :) I met SW in 1997 when I bought my dream car (at the time) for my 25th birthday...a new 97 C5 POS. The cars have changed, but he still had the fastest, best looking rides then as well :)

SW sourced all my lamborghini's for me and hooked me up with Kevin @ Underground Racing as well.

What car does Peak have? Will he be at the Texas Mile?

Jonah

Peak has a Ford GT with close to the HP you have in your G. I'm not sure of the exact HP but it is in the neighborhood of yours.

Are you going to be running on Friday? You need to come out and watch the Ford GT's on Thursday.

I'll be there in my 994rwhp Ford GT and running on Thursday and Friday. White with blue strips....license plate reads......MULLET

Peak has a Ford GT with close to the HP you have in your G. I'm not sure of the exact HP but it is in the neighborhood of yours.

Are you going to be running on Friday? You need to come out and watch the Ford GT's on Thursday.

I'll be there in my 994rwhp Ford GT and running on Thursday and Friday. White with blue strips....license plate reads......MULLET

Who built your GT-TT? Why did you put mullet on the plate? lol!

not the first time a Lambo has run at the Texas Mile. I ran my Spyder G in March of 2009. Bone stock car......ran 170 mph.

Did you run it with the top down?

Jonah

I was already planning on going down Thursday. I'll for sure be watching the Ford GTs run!

Jonah

Jonah, I removed the video link in your post. It's nothing personal, but it's a big UG sponsor promo ad, and we in the best interest of our sponsors like to keep that to a minimum. PM me if this is a serious problem.

Destructo,

If I can get a video editor to remove all the Underground Racing promo stuff, can I post my videos? I never intended to disrespect anyone, and I will pay a video editor myself to remove all the stuff etc.

Thank you for the consideration,

Jonah

Destructo,

If I can get a video editor to remove all the Underground Racing promo stuff, can I post my videos? I never intended to disrespect anyone, and I will pay a video editor myself to remove all the stuff etc.

Thank you for the consideration,

Jonah

Sounds good!

Who built your GT-TT? Why did you put mullet on the plate? lol!

John Hennessey and crew. Could not be happier.

I have a mullet (been rocking it since the early 90's). My S600 says JODIRT and the G says DIRT JO.

Did you run it with the top down?

Jonah

they WILL NOT let you run with the top down. I even tried to slip the guy $100 for a run with it down. No dice

Hey Jonah! Congrats on the build!

I too have known SW for a long time.. bought many cars from his personal collection... PM and I will send you my contact info... SW has told me about your cars etc over the years as has Cody at ART... glad you are digging the lambos now instead of the F cars HAHA

I am attending the GT rally with one of my cars.. will be down at Goliad on Thursday with the GTs but won't be able to make the weekend event due to business commitments that came up.. I had a spot reserved for my rig and two driving spots but gave them to American Racing (Cody and Weaver)...

Sounds like fun in January.. think there are some other events happening in November..

My Gallardo is coming back from the body shop next week after a full custom wide body kit and paint job.. we are putting down close to 1500 at the wheels (2wd dyno mind you) so it should be a good match up.. except for the older e-gear compared to your 560 LOL launches from a dig will be no contest from what I have seen the new cars do...

anyway, won't have my rig there on thursday but SW can introduce us.. look for the loud matte black GT :D

Good thing you have the chute also... shut down at the mile is not great especially at those speeds...

You can see the data from C&D on the stopping power of the Gallardo when we did our 0-200-0 shootout... not the best.. just take it easy like you mentioned and you should definitely put a serious number down :D

Guest skokos
My Gallardo is coming back from the body shop next week after a full custom wide body kit and paint job.. we are putting down close to 1500 at the wheels (2wd dyno mind you) so it should be a good match up.. except for the older e-gear compared to your 560 LOL launches from a dig will be no contest from what I have seen the new cars do...

HOLY shit. This I have to see.

What I really want to accomplish is getting the new 560 programming adapted to the older egear G cars... have some engineers starting on it :D

That would be a serious mod every G owner would need... the launch control on the 560 is absolutely awesome.

What I really want to accomplish is getting the new 560 programming adapted to the older egear G cars... have some engineers starting on it :D

That would be a serious mod every G owner would need... the launch control on the 560 is absolutely awesome.

But there are more changes to the system then just programming..

The hole egear system has been changed. If you got the old system to shift at the pressures the new one dose it would blow out the hoses. With the hoses it wont shift as fast also. It is a ground up new system. Every thing is defferent.

Good Luck.

Hey Jonah! Congrats on the build!

I too have known SW for a long time.. bought many cars from his personal collection... PM and I will send you my contact info... SW has told me about your cars etc over the years as has Cody at ART... glad you are digging the lambos now instead of the F cars HAHA

I am attending the GT rally with one of my cars.. will be down at Goliad on Thursday with the GTs but won't be able to make the weekend event due to business commitments that came up.. I had a spot reserved for my rig and two driving spots but gave them to American Racing (Cody and Weaver)...

Sounds like fun in January.. think there are some other events happening in November..

anyway, won't have my rig there on thursday but SW can introduce us.. look for the loud matte black GT :D

Thanks Ray! I'm planning to come down Thursday and watch the GTs run! When is your G going to be back? I'll run your heffner TT G with you driving it vs my UGR TT G with me driving. 60-180 best 2 out of 3 sound good? I'm sure SW will help be the judge. The Heffner guys are saying you have the fastest heffner car, I'm quite sure you can't beat me *grin*. Screw the dynos and bench racing, let's have some fun and see what these cars can do. We will get it all on video for everyone to watch.

Jonah

The e-gear system in the 560 has a LOT of mechanical changes, so I'm not sure what impact just an electronic change will do..

I wish my 560 was a traditional 6 speed....

Jonah

Greetings Everyone! New member here, and a huge lambo fan.

I recently bought an LP560, and LOVE the car. So much improved over previous Lambos...I sent it to Underground Racing to be twin turboed (Its the white LP560 in all their videos etc). Its my "street" lambo :)

I have been debating on what car to run at this years Texas Mile...SW had a Supra for sale that would run 200mph+ in the mile, but after owning the LP560...I wanted a lambo! I bought a black 05 Gallardo and sent it to UR for the full R treatment and then some :) My car has billet gears to run 250+ in the mile. I plan to start at lower boost levels, and go faster and faster with each run. My first seat time in this car was last weekend (I ran a 9.8 @ 162 on lower boost on the 3rd pass and then we put it back on the trailer), so I am still getting comfortable in the car. I hope to get the car out of "nanny" mode and see what it can do.

It is going to be a blast at the Texas Mile, and please come cheer me on if you can make the event! I believe this will be the first time a Lamborghini has competed at this event, so I hope to do our brand proud!

Here is the video of my race car on the dyno, it put out 1508whp @ 30psi on race gas.

EDITED

Please come join us for the fun! Any other members here coming down for the fun? I live in Austin, so its ~2.5hours away. I'l have a few RVs out there, and hopefully some BBQ cooking *grin*

Jonah

I couldn't edit my original post. Can a moderator put the below youtube video into my original post? thanks Jonah

Updated Video with UGR wrapper stripped.

Jonah

I couldn't edit my original post. Can a moderator put the below youtube video into my original post? thanks Jonah

Updated Video with UGR wrapper stripped.

Jonah

Thats a LOT of boost.....any idea how much?

How much power are you making?

994 RWHP on C16. 870 on pump and 21 psi.

those runs were on a warmish day. I'm sure in cool temps it would get into the 4 digits.