04 G Power steering

alan7407

OK, I'm taking a survey. Will anyone with an 04 G with over 10,000 miles please respond stating whether or not they have had to replace the shaft that drives the power steering pump. Mine has gone out twice, at 6,000 and 12,000. I am trying to see if there are enough people out there to support putting together a demand letter to Lambo to fix this design problem.

Thanks for your help.

Alan

OK, I'm taking a survey. Will anyone with an 04 G with over 10,000 miles please respond stating whether or not they have had to replace the shaft that drives the power steering pump. Mine has gone out twice, at 6,000 and 12,000. I am trying to see if there are enough people out there to support putting together a demand letter to Lambo to fix this design problem.

Thanks for your help.

Alan

May or may not help...My 06 has 13.5K with no problems.

My car (04 G) had 21,000 miles on it when I sold it, and never an issue with PS at all. New owner put another 2 or 3k on it so far, and no issues that I'm aware of.

If you've gone through two shafts, something is wrong.

I had this issue a few times at our dealer. Most cars did not have problem. Is it the same side that is wearing out, it may be the splines in the gear set or the pump have become worn also.

"14k No problem Late 04 produced in 06 2004"

Mine is a June production number also, I wonder when they stopped for the 05's?

31,000 miles (the tt g got back a few days ago) and no shaft problems.

I have just under 6000 miles and i am going through this now.

Did you replace the shaft yourself, or did you have a mechanic do it ?? More importantly, which side of the shaft was worn down, the pump side or the engine side. People tell me that replacing the gear in the engine that the shaft fits into requires that the engine be dropped out. Might just be cheaper to replace every 6K miles. I did mine and it cost me $60.

I would like to discuss further with you. Pleae email me your phone # at [email protected]

Thanks.