2010 E Class Coupe or Sedan

Fortis

I did, the V8 was nice.

What do you honestly think about the E Coupe, you know you can tell me if you think it is butt ugly :lol2:

As I said early, it actually jumped out at me sitting in the car park with other cars around, which is very unusual for a merc here on the coast. The only part that is still bothering me is the sharp point in the boot which just looks a little awkward. But yes with the AMG kit on it, and to be honest any colour I think (haven't seen a bad one yet, ok maybe the promo goldy colour) it's very nice. Mark has an old model E class as a DD and as he says, it will do everything for you (lights on, wipers on etc) and you can just sit there and drive.

Fortis, get the E coupe you won't regret it.

My Merc dealer gave me their demo for 4 days while my M6 was getting serviced BMW across the road. They wanted to sell me one so I asked them for an overnight test. They suggested a few nights would be better(Ask them, they may do it for you). The only thing I couldn't deal with were, IMO, the back seats were useless and the shoulder space for me was tight and cramped. Other than that I loved the driving position, spot on for me as a bigger person. And the power combined with the handling seemed to work well.

Go for it, you'll enjoy it as your DD. I recommend you add the AMG pkg and premium pkg. Upgraded steering wheel, body panels, and rims.

Fortis, get the E coupe you won't regret it.

My Merc dealer gave me their demo for 4 days while my M6 was getting serviced BMW across the road. They wanted to sell me one so I asked them for an overnight test. They suggested a few nights would be better(Ask them, they may do it for you). The only thing I couldn't deal with were, IMO, the back seats were useless and the shoulder space for me was tight and cramped. Other than that I loved the driving position, spot on for me as a bigger person. And the power combined with the handling seemed to work well.

Go for it, you'll enjoy it as your DD. I recommend you add the AMG pkg and premium pkg. Upgraded steering wheel, body panels, and rims.

what engine was in it?

I am trying to test while in Germany the V6 diesel, almost as much torque as a V8.

I don't have a good relationship with my dealer since they screwed me out of the S class deal almsot two years ago, an overnight test is a must.

As I said early, it actually jumped out at me sitting in the car park with other cars around, which is very unusual for a merc here on the coast. The only part that is still bothering me is the sharp point in the boot which just looks a little awkward. But yes with the AMG kit on it, and to be honest any colour I think (haven't seen a bad one yet, ok maybe the promo goldy colour) it's very nice. Mark has an old model E class as a DD and as he says, it will do everything for you (lights on, wipers on etc) and you can just sit there and drive.

I take your word for it, you have good taste since you love lambos :icon_mrgreen:

What about HSVs? well every rugby players drive one of those.....

I think it has something to do with the salary caps they have here :icon_mrgreen:

what engine was in it?

I am trying to test while in Germany the V6 diesel, almost as much torque as a V8.

I don't have a good relationship with my dealer since they screwed me out of the S class deal almsot two years ago, an overnight test is a must.

Sorry, my bad! I had an E550 Coupe. Very nice overall. Not even in the same boat as a CL but a hell of a lot better than a BMW 650i.

Have you tried an M6? Might suit you nicely.

Sorry, my bad! I had an E550 Coupe. Very nice overall. Not even in the same boat as a CL but a hell of a lot better than a BMW 650i.

Have you tried an M6? Might suit you nicely.

I did, I am very good friends with my local BMW dealer, didn't manage to sell me a BM yet but my brother is on his third one now.

He tried to get me out of the Lambo and into a M6, the M6 to me feels and looks very bulky, didn't seem very spacious, hard for the kids to get in and out the back seat, it is a sports car and I already have one, I want a comfortable DD that I can put heaps of miles on, looks sharp, has the latest tech, relatively cheap to buy and run.

I like the new 3 series but it is not comfortable to drive, I am still debating between a new 7 series or a slightly used S class but I think those to cars are too big, if the E class thing doesn't work for me (dealer issues) I might look at the 7 or S option, or visit a interstate dealer.

Thank you for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
I did, I am very good friends with my local BMW dealer, didn't manage to sell me a BM yet but my brother is on his third one now.

He tried to get me out of the Lambo and into a M6, the M6 to me feels and looks very bulky, didn't seem very spacious, hard for the kids to get in and out the back seat, it is a sports car and I already have one, I want a comfortable DD that I can put heaps of miles on, looks sharp, has the latest tech, relatively cheap to buy and run.

I like the new 3 series but it is not comfortable to drive, I am still debating between a new 7 series or a slightly used S class but I think those to cars are too big, if the E class thing doesn't work for me (dealer issues) I might look at the 7 or S option, or visit a interstate dealer.

Thank you for your input.

Hey buddy, I've the latest generation of 7series back in my homecountry, Indonesia, it drives so good and very spacious, get the Long version, u wont regret it. I'll say go for the new 7, but S-classes are not bad as well (I would prefer CL class tho).

My friend use a latest CL63 in Sydney, he said none beats the car, even M6 is not even close, its very spacious or a 4seater coupe :)

I live in Sydney tho,DD- Lexus IS250, goodluck in finding ur next DD mate.