Salvage Title Ford GT being sold as clear title 1fafp90s06y400331

joebiz

Just a head's up- this guy is trying to flip a car out of IAAI as a clear title. In fact, it does still have a clear title because the previous owner got a duplicate title just before handing over the tags to their insurance company. That's heavy-duty fraud right there. The seller knows it and it's just a matter of time until the insurance company catches up with the car.

1fafp90s06y400331

No I haven't. I'm not a member and don't have a login. Anybody want to cross-post feel free!

Thanks for the heads up! Did you take this to the Ford GT forums?

I'm a member of the GT forum but quite frankly with only this info I would not post it.

What's to say the OP has bad intentions? Not saying this is true but you understand there are too many what if's.

I'm a member of the GT forum but quite frankly with only this info I would not post it.

What's to say the OP has bad intentions? Not saying this is true but you understand there are too many what if's.

Very true, I would hope he has some hard evidence to accompany his claims.

Have hard evidence, but it's nothing too complicated. Carfax shows it's salvage title, IAAI has a record of the VIN and Texas DMV has a stamp for the car.

Again, nothing complicated about my claim. No skin in the game either way, just don't want to see someone get burned.

If I had a login for the forum I would post it- but I waited 2+ days with no moderator approval.

I'm not going to "chill out" about someone lying and trying to steal.

Then how are you absolutely sure the previous owner got a duplicate after the salvage title was issued? How would that stop the car from getting a salvage title?

Your sole purpose in joining this board has been to rant about this car, it's getting a bit tiresome.

Then how are you absolutely sure the previous owner got a duplicate after the salvage title was issued? How would that stop the car from getting a salvage title?

Your sole purpose in joining this board has been to rant about this car, it's getting a bit tiresome.

I ran it through TWIX. There was a duplicate title request 17 days prior to the IAAI auction. Sorry that it's tiresome for you. I hope that it helps someone out.

Your assertion that I joined the forum to rant about this car is incorrect.