Lexus LF-A

Benkei

Would one go to their closest Lexus dealer and put down a deposit for one? :)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some hype behind this car that's almost unbelieveable, a few journalists who have driven the production model threw all kinds of crazy praise on it last week (one of them in the video below).

Still doesn't change the fact that they'll take an absolute bath on them no matter what they charge and no matter how few they make.

&"> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I don't think Lexus is producing this car to make money but simply to create a shock in the very high-end automobile world. And, as you say Mako, from the reviews so far, they produced quite the sports car. It sounds abolutely phenomenal, should look pretty good, and the rest of the performance enveloppe seems well supported by the hardware they put on the car. It will make for interesting comparison tests. :)

I don't think Lexus is producing this car to make money but simply to create a shock in the very high-end automobile world. And, as you say Mako, from the reviews so far, they produced quite the sports car. It sounds abolutely phenomenal, should look pretty good, and the rest of the performance enveloppe seems well supported by the hardware they put on the car. It will make for interesting comparison tests. :)

Agree, but they should have aimed higher. At the end of the day it's a 550hp car that likely weighs 3,000-3,500lbs, which is relatively pedestrian for $300k+.

If you're going to lose money, better off to lose money by making it more exotic, with more HP, and charging double the price. If it had say a twin-turbo version of that same engine making around 850HP, along with more dramatic bodywork, they would have achieved their "Enzo"...something Japan has never had.

As it is it's hard to swallow at $300k, even if they only make 20 of them.

He seems a little "high" after enjoying some laps at speed. I wonder if he woke up a day later after all the race fuel enhanced buzz and twisty turn track glory wore off and said to himself " Oh, Pagani, I have blasphemed. I take back my moment of Japanese joy and truley know hat it is you that is the master." Then quickly rang up the Professor and properly apologized.

It does sound special and very F1 (race car, not Mac). However, the car at the track looks to be the full on track car and not the sublime leathered-up thrice piped diamond white on tan road going unit that is yet to be.

Further....what journalist makes such a blanket statement. The great ones all have their on endearing qualities and to say one is "better" is simply a misunderstaning of the era or purpose of which they were built. There is no "best car" ever.

Wow, is that the production version?

man, it's pretty dang ugly.....I'm rather disappointed :(

i agree i dont think its ugly, but idk i can't explain it i feel like its very close to being really really good looking but a few things need to be changed to make it look great

i agree i dont think its ugly, but idk i can't explain it i feel like its very close to being really really good looking but a few things need to be changed to make it look great

It looks "cheap" to me from the front angle. Maybe it doesn't look too good in white.

And it looks too tall and not wide enough.

It looks "cheap" to me from the front angle. Maybe it doesn't look too good in white.

And it looks too tall and not wide enough.

This is part of what I meant by the thought I expressed where if you're going to go "Enzo", then go all the way.

If you're going to build a $350k supercar and sell just 50 of them, don't have its HP be lower than a $120k ZR-1's is, and don't wrap it in a body that looks like the next Supra.

Just too conservative for that price range.

Someone got confused and said they thought they spotted "the next supra" on another board. I think that's probably fair, as it just wound up being a bit too bland versus the concept cars?

Specs are a little blah as expected:

4.8-liter V10, 560 hp / 354 lb.-ft.

Redline: 9,000 RPM

Titanium valves, connecting rods, forged aluminum pistons, dry sump lubrication and a titanium exhaust manifold

Six-speed sequential gearbox

Torsen limited slip differential

3,263 pounds with a 48/52 front-to-rear weight distribution

20-inch BBS wheels wrapped in 265/35 ZR20 Bridgestone tires in front and 305/30 ZR20 in the rear.

0-62 MPH (100 km/h) in 3.7 seconds

Top speed of 201.94 MPH

Production limited to 500 units

05_lexus_lfa_press.jpg

21_lexus_lfa_press.jpg

04_lexus_lfa_press.jpg

01_lexus_lfa_press.jpg

03_lexus_lfa_press.jpg

It drives great and is quick and fast!

And it's a technogical thrice piped tour de force!

And blah blah blah.....!

Bleh.

NO SOUL FOR YOU!