Lexus LF-A

Benkei

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Looks like Lexus has changed its mind about the 'lease only' deal. The car may be purchased outright with a two year right of first refusal to Lexus.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-lfa.html

I thought they were all sold? No? You mean some people that would "buy" this car would not want two lump sum up front payments and may actually want to finance the car? Nice thinking Lexus, way to catch on to the real game instead of making up your own.

Funny story: I was just on the phone today with my sister on the east coast. She isn't into cars, and we we're talking about something else like what should she wear to an evening event over cocktails etc etc and she tells me, "oh because me an so-an-so are driving up to this event in some $400 thousand dollar Lexus".... I say, "WHAT??!!!!; an LFA??!!!" She says "ahhh I don't know". I tell her that, "the ONLY $400,000 Lexus that exists is called the L.F.A., you really have no idea what that is??" "No, but I want to see why it's worth 400k."

I said...........................yeah so do a lot of people, you tell me if it is when you get back.

**side bar** her friend is on the project to roll out the custom vehicles for the owners. SHE has been traveling all over the world the last few weeks taking the custom orders at the people's home and now she needs to take it to this charity event sponsored by Lexus.

Two chicks driving an LFA for 4 hours on the freeway.

Swil I hope you told your sister to buy a VBOX :icon_mrgreen:

Eh, she'd probably say, "Stupid, it already has a stereo in it"... :eusa_wall:

• 1 month later...

Looks like Autobild just did a test with 458 Ferrari, LP570-4 Super Leggera, SLS, 911 turbo S, GTR, LFA, and Weismann GT MF5.

wowos.jpg

From part 1:

Lexus LFA - 7:38.85

Lamborghini LP570-4 - 7:40.76

Nissan GT-R - 7:43.65

Wiesmann GT MF5 - 7:52.39

LF-A aint that fast in the staights but man is it a killer in the twisties. 2 seconds faster than than a car of the SL's calibur is crazy. Cant wait for part 2 to see what the 458 Italia will do.

I say, "WHAT??!!!!; an LFA??!!!" She says "ahhh I don't know". I tell her that, "the ONLY $400,000 Lexus that exists is called the L.F.A., you really have no idea what that is??" "No, but I want to see why it's worth 400k."

I said...........................yeah so do a lot of people, you tell me if it is when you get back.

:lol2:

That made my night lol. I will remember this while out!

Anyways, I think the LFA is attractive. But not $400K attractive. For that kind of $$$, there is a long list of vehicles I'd buy before I even thought to it. In fact...never. If it were $100K, that would be reasonable...but nothing over $175k. I read an article on this. What is all of this "new unique technology" about? I think it was MotorTrend, not sure. But it was a comparison of the Nissan GTR and the LFA, where they said that the Japanese have developed the latest in technology with both cars...the LFA being the most innovative.

Can someone explain this? Lexus is really hurting itself badly. They are merely playing copy-cat. The RX mid-sive SUV is the only original thing out of Lexus, and I find it extremely boring.

That reminds me, nice bump. I forgot to ask my sis about the LFA, completely slipped my mind. I'll update you guys soon. Don't expect any in depth analysis though. Stuff like, "It's nice and really fast" is about the most I can expect anyways.

• 1 year later...