Lexus LF-A

Benkei

I really like it. Love the looks. Seems like a beefed up GT-R, which I also really like. Just wait for a couple tuning companies to get ahold of it and I am sure you will see some huge power increases.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see some of that really sleek lcd display in the next Gallardo / Murci (the kind of thing they put in the reventon). I think the display animation is really cool, especially when it goes into sport mode with the white background tach.

Looks like an ordinary car with some weird angles and appurtenances to make it look less ordinary but end up making it look strange.

And not enough power/performance for the price tag. Either do what Mako said and build a true Enzo-killer or build a new version of the Supra and price it so it can take on the Nissan GT-R. But don't build this thing.

I'll pass.

I think from a styling standpoint it is okay at best. Not overly aggressive, not incredibly boring either. Its, "oh nice, a Lexus hi performance car", not "DAMN, LEXUS makes a hi performance car?!?!"

From an engineering standpoint, I think it sounds great! From the reviews I have read so far, they seemed to be impressed. Unbelieveable grip, great ride, communicative steering, great response, very stiff chassis (65% Carbon Fiber chassis), and the engine for such a high rever, puts down a great deal of torque low in the rev range. I think with a weight of 3200lbs with the usual Lexus luxury amenities, I think thats pretty decent.

The major negative that the reviews seem to bring up is the price and the perception that this car comes from a brand that has a history of soft riding cars.

I think for Japans first exotic supercar(which is a feat in itself), its a decent effort. I dont think it will steal sales away from the major players here(only 500 worldwide, which is absolutely NOTHING), but I think the objective is to make Lexus presence known that they are not only a company that makes soft riding luxury cars full of tech. Its a potential game changer for them and they want to change peoples perception on who and what they are and can do.

Looks like an ordinary car with some weird angles and appurtenances to make it look less ordinary but end up making it look strange.

And not enough power/performance for the price tag. Either do what Mako said and build a true Enzo-killer or build a new version of the Supra and price it so it can take on the Nissan GT-R. But don't build this thing.

I'll pass.

As much as I want to love this car, I have to agree with you and Mako. They should have gone for a higher goal. Increase the engine size to 5.4L or so, giving the car about 625 hp at the current estimates of hp/L, similar weight and a performance envelope that is quite a bit higher than it is currently. I think it will perform flawlessly and it is by far the most potent car to ever come out of Japan (in stock form, of course. :) ), but it is not enough to win over a crowd that is already sold to Italian supercars (with a good reason).

That being said, I'd rock one... if I already had a Gallardo, a 997 GT3 RS, an SLR in my garage. :) I am looking forward to see comparison tests between the LFA, Gallardo, 458, ZR-1, New McLaren, etc.

-Olivier

Will it spring a leak that requires the engine and transmission to come out after putting 400 miles on it, like my LP640?

Will it spring a leak that requires the engine and transmission to come out after putting 400 miles on it, like my LP640?

ouch, that sucks.

Awesome car for sub 200k

Stupid car for 375k.

:iamwithstupid:

Can't put it much more clearly than that.

Autoweek drove it at the Ring:

The LFA is not as lively to drive at the limit as any of the above mentioned cars, the Ferrari, the Audi R8, the Ford GT, the Porsche 911 and the 911 Turbo, etc. Roll, jounce and rebound are firmly controlled without being harsh. The LFA feels like a shorter, greatly refined and much, much lighter Corvette. Or a lighter, rear-drive GT-R. The LFA isolates only the feel you need and transmits it to you through the wheel and through the seat. Apparently you don't need too much feeling to drive fast and safe.

Sounds like the "no soul" comments might be accurate.

The Japanese continue to further the dilution of the driving experience through the "advancement" of auto build technologies (nannies) and I fear Lambo will be next as all the key players seem to be aiming for a video game feel while following the whims of oragami rather than the anything remotely this side of beauty. Further, Autoweek's comparison to the POS is somewhat a lower bar than that which the super car journo had claimed it had ecliped....the Mac attack. Keep your F1 / Nopi steering wheel and hair dresser info display, I'd prefer something with toggles, a needle, and emotion any day.

The Japanese continue to further the dilution of the driving experience through the "advancement" of auto build technologies (nannies) and I fear Lambo will be next as all the key players seem to be aiming for a video game feel while following the whims of oragami rather than the anything remotely this side of beauty. Further, Autoweek's comparison to the POS is somewhat a lower bar than that which the super car journo had claimed it had ecliped....the Mac attack. Keep your F1 / Nopi steering wheel and hair dresser info display, I'd prefer something with toggles, a needle, and emotion any day.

Agree, that guy was obviously high off adrenaline being straight out of the race car to pop-off like that as others mentioned.

I quite like that lexus, but what they want for it is far too much.

Gauges are great looking. Interior is nice too. Exterior does nothing for me. Specs seem like an average supercar. I don't buy into this 9K RPM hype. Few hundred extra RPM... meh. I don't doubt it is an excellent performer, but these days, what car isn't? At $375K, it's not the best buy. I'd rather a 458.

Enzo-killer? Maybe, but the Enzo is like 6 years old, and this car doesn't have even a fraction of the appeal of an Enzo (IMO.)