[PICS]: Blu Caelum Gallardo LP-550 Valentino Balboni

RonnieRenaldi

DON'T QUOTE THE DAMN PICS WHEN REPLYING! :eusa_wall:

Delete them from your post prior.

Love the car, great color. :icon_thumleft:

thanks for the pics ronnie. nice work. is it me or does the Balboni sit higher than the LP560-4 we all know the drivetrain is different, perhaps the suspension weight or components has the car at a completely different stance?

i still cant get over that stripe :gay:

Have you tried the E-Gear in the 560?

No. Does it make you forget about three-pedaled cars? When I think of a "driver's car," I think mid-engine, rwd, and manual.

No. Does it make you forget about three-pedaled cars? When I think of a "driver's car," I think mid-engine, rwd, and manual.

I think after you drive one you will have a different opinion, I was a 3 pedal, manual guy before, I wanted to go E-Gear in my 04 G because I love twisty mountain roads and I tought hands on the wheel at all times might be safer :icon_mrgreen: along with the fact that E-Gear was an option I though that building more value in the car will give me a quicker if not better resale when it comes to it.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, I am loving it now, I only drive it in sport mode and love the downshift sound.

The 560 E-Gear is so refined, in Corsa no manual comes close, in heavy traffic auto will do the trick so all round I think it is the box to have, with some guys that use their cars as DD's E-Gear would be easier to live with.

I know the purist don't like it but advancements in technology and market trends will obsolete the manual in the next 5 to 10 years, sad for manual lovers good news for auto lovers (they might not have to pay a premium to pick their choice)

The reason I asked if you drove an E-Gear car is because every time I try to make a comparison or form an opinion I remember what my old latin teacher told me once,

she questioned me if I did my homework, I replied: "I HATE latin!" she said " How can you say you HATE something that you know nothing about?"

She was so right I was embarrassed at that point and I am embarrassed now when I think about it!

You make good points (about trying before you form an opinion), but for those who have tried both there is definitely still a choice, one isn't objectively better than the other to own (unless you worry about resale maybe). I've driven a bunch of E-Gear/F1 cars, and just don't enjoy them as much as six speed stick with a clutch. I like rowing the gears, I really enjoy matching revs on a downshift, and through the twisties, I just have more fun in a six speed. The automated manuals are getting better and better, but they take away something I just enjoy doing too much.

BTW, unlike many, I thought the E-Gear in a Gallardo SL worked great, it was smooth in normal driving, and rocked when wailing on the car, but it just wasn't as much fun as my 6 speed G is for me. I'm sure the 560 works even better, but I still prefer shifting myself. The downshifts in a proper E-Gear/DSG car are definitely amazing, but I enjoy it so much more when I nail a downshift that smoothly with heel and toe! Very sad that so many cars are moving to DSG only...

BTW, back to the original post - beautiful car, I just love the Balboni edition, thanks for the pics and video - looks and sounds great!

I think after you drive one you will have a different opinion, I was a 3 pedal, manual guy before, I wanted to go E-Gear in my 04 G because I love twisty mountain roads and I tought hands on the wheel at all times might be safer :icon_mrgreen: along with the fact that E-Gear was an option I though that building more value in the car will give me a quicker if not better resale when it comes to it.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, I am loving it now, I only drive it in sport mode and love the downshift sound.

The 560 E-Gear is so refined, in Corsa no manual comes close, in heavy traffic auto will do the trick so all round I think it is the box to have, with some guys that use their cars as DD's E-Gear would be easier to live with.

I know the purist don't like it but advancements in technology and market trends will obsolete the manual in the next 5 to 10 years, sad for manual lovers good news for auto lovers (they might not have to pay a premium to pick their choice)

The reason I asked if you drove an E-Gear car is because every time I try to make a comparison or form an opinion I remember what my old latin teacher told me once,

she questioned me if I did my homework, I replied: "I HATE latin!" she said " How can you say you HATE something that you know nothing about?"

She was so right I was embarrassed at that point and I am embarrassed now when I think about it!

like I said before I was a huge manual fan, I owned quite a few sports cars in my life and they were all manual but I am done with mixing the gas :icon_mrgreen: , I wouldn't buy a manual in these supercars, I love my gadgets and I like to keep up with the advancements in technology.

It always comes down to what you prefer.

I am not saying that one is better than the other, one is more popular than the other whatever the reason might be and the other is on its way out :icon_mrgreen: whatever the reason might be!

• 4 weeks later...
DON'T QUOTE THE DAMN PICS WHEN REPLYING! :eusa_wall:

Delete them from your post prior.

Love the car, great color. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: its annoying

GREAT pictures!! saved them..awesome car.

• 2 months later...
thanks for the pics ronnie. nice work. is it me or does the Balboni sit higher than the LP560-4 we all know the drivetrain is different, perhaps the suspension weight or components has the car at a completely different stance?

I don't think it sits higher than the LP560.