Considering a 2004 G with 13k, opinions wanted

LA_Brit

Hi all,

I've been going back and forth on my next purchase for a few months and after losing out on a perfectly spec'd 430 a couple of months ago a buddy took me for a ride in his 05 G and it blew me away and i've been on the hunt for one since.

I've found a 2004 G (i am in the UK - the car was registered in October 04) with around 13k and what appears to be a full Lamborghini Main Dealer Service History. It had the clutch replaced in 07 @ 9000 miles and has had a service this year. I'm going to test drive it on Friday.

It's got an almost ideal spec - everything i want (including manual transmission) aside from the glass engine bay which i don't think was even an option in 04.

I'm not so much worried about the car itself as i'll have it PPI'd and it's coming with a one year labor and mechanical warranty from the dealer. What worries me is that the car is now 5 years old and i haven't ever owned a car more than 3 years old before. I know there were various changes made in 06 and this also concerns me as i hadn't even considered a G prior to 06 until this specific one became available.

Off the top of my head the major changes (applicable to the manual) in 06 were:

Changes to the steering rack

Shorter ratios

Revised suspension

Power Hike

The price on the car is 10k cheaper than 06's, of which there are very few good condition ones about in the color and spec i would like. Is it worth holding out for an 06 > the 04?

I've actively been on this board and various other ones for years and know a decent amount about the car, have utilized the search function but would like to hear from current owners as to what their position on the matter is.

Thank you in advance,

Josh

I am not a owner but I do have alot of info about Lamborghini. For starters if the dealer has a 06 in stock ask to drive it after you drive the 04.

Most of are customers that went from 04/05 to 06 thought there was a night and day difference. But most of thos cars were egear which was a big change. The difference with the manuals was less. If they have both drive both.

I own a 04 model, three years of ownership with zero issues, drive both and make up your mind, $10k doesn't sound like a lot to buy a car that's 2 years newer.

I am with Jefflambo on this one, if you buy a manual car the differences will not be as great as on the E-Gear version.

I would say buy whatever you like the most, either way I am certain you will not regret the decision :icon_thumleft:

What color are you looking at?

I had an 04 6-Speed, had 22,000 miles on it when I sold it about 4 months ago - never a single problem with it. Loved it so much I replaced it with a 560.

For an 04, 6 speed is the way to go, the E-gear was not as well developed at that time.

I wouldnt buy an early production 04...mine is later date, what is the production date? Ive had no major problems..and at least I have Koni shocks! Instead of the bilsteins on the later models..

i have a early 04' g, replaced the clutch at 9,000 miles. other than that just changed the oil. just crossed 20,000mi. luv it.........

i have a early 04' g, replaced the clutch at 9,000 miles. other than that just changed the oil. just crossed 20,000mi. luv it.........

Decided to forget about the 04. Just too old. Found a black 07 that i like and have negotiated a deal pending a ppi and them sending me the service history.

Decided to forget about the 04. Just too old. Found a black 07 that i like and have negotiated a deal pending a ppi and them sending me the service history.

you little pimp. i can't wait to see pics :)