GTT Vs Texas Mile VW 996TT

Allan-Herbie

Simple explanation... recieved an email saying the race location would be by Neptunes Nest @ 9 am.

I don't blame you, that's an idiotic location to do that. There are plenty of isolated places where it could safely be done, that's not one of them, and at 9am??? Very stupid!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple explanation... recieved an email saying the race location would be by Neptunes Nest @ 9 am. For those that dont know where neptunes nest is.. it is the exact location with the ferrari race scene in fast and furious... also where the Enzo lost control and crashed. One of the most heavily patroled areas, not to mention dangerous areas to race. They had specified 1 or 2 40-120 mph races to which I declined.. Not interested in killing myself, someone else or going to jail...

Okay so excuse my ignorance on this one and from your reasoning above it makes sense to back away but... if the guy with the Porsche is such a "seasoned" racer would he not know of the risks of racing at such a location? So if so why suggest it?

Okay so excuse my ignorance on this one and from your reasoning above it makes sense to back away but... if the guy with the Porsche is such a "seasoned" racer would he not know of the risks of racing at such a location? So if so why suggest it?

So the 996 guy could dog Allan out for not showing... That is all he wants. I think Allan would walk him, but the guy knows Allan is not a risk taking toolbox. If he really wanted to run the cars, there are, I am sure, much more suitable places to make it happen. Only suggestion from me, have Allan pick the spot and the time and make that guy come to him, he is the one that has such a frickin hardon for racing Allan in the first place.

So the 996 guy could dog Allan out for not showing... That is all he wants. I think Allan would walk him, but the guy knows Allan is not a risk taking toolbox. If he really wanted to run the cars, there are, I am sure, much more suitable places to make it happen. Only suggestion from me, have Allan pick the spot and the time and make that guy come to him, he is the one that has such a frickin hardon for racing Allan in the first place.

:iamwithstupid:

Whoever picked that location is either a complete moron, or yes, most likely it was done on purpose knowing full well that anyone with two brain cells to rub together would not run there.

I lived not all that far from there for a few years. It's as Allan said, not a safe place to run, it's very heavily patrolled, and at 9am there will be plenty of traffic. With all the safe, flat, straight, desolate places where this could be done safely, picking this location just makes no sense whatsoever, unless of course that was Artieboy's way of chickening out and making it look like it's Allan who did.

Simple explanation... recieved an email saying the race location would be by Neptunes Nest @ 9 am. For those that dont know where neptunes nest is.. it is the exact location with the ferrari race scene in fast and furious... also where the Enzo lost control and crashed. One of the most heavily patroled areas, not to mention dangerous areas to race. They had specified 1 or 2 40-120 mph races to which I declined.. Not interested in killing myself, someone else or going to jail...

why don't you suggest a time and location?

First it was 60-160 and then they changed it to 60-120? That takes the best part out of the race which is the top end.

why don't you suggest a time and location?

I suggested a time and place and said I would meet him at his Mexico HWY... NOT @6am.. nor anytime close to it..

First it was 60-160 and then they changed it to 60-120? That takes the best part out of the race which is the top end.

Exactly, and actually now they were hoping for 40-120/130 MAX...

There are plenty of locations within an hour of us here to do this. The stretch of road he suggested is absolutely foolish and dangerous on all levels.

60-120 doesn't show shit. It has to be at least 160 and better 180. Which also brings up the point this should be done on a track or runway in a much more safe and controlled environment.

How about this Allan. You come up with the place/time. This coming weekend I'm at drag racing event so next weekend is wide open. 9am is too late, 7am would be better consider I also have to drive down about 60 miles, same as you do. Robert will help us with setting up two way radios and patrol both ends at Mexico. 11/28 and 11/29 both open for me. Let's put the smack talk to the side now and people here want to see both of us run fair and square. I will wait for your response.

Guys, it's Allan's thread here and he will call the shots. You can chose the mph and roll on start and end. I can't agree more with you on the place that was chosen, I almost went to jail there one time. I do appreciate all the support you guys provide for him and it's a good thing to do since this is a Lambo Forum. I do not want to come in here, register, talk smack, and leave. Allan whichever decision you make then so be it, I will wait for your signal.

How about this Allan. You come up with the place/time. This coming weekend I'm at drag racing event so next weekend is wide open. 9am is too late, 7am would be better consider I also have to drive down about 60 miles, same as you do. Robert will help us with setting up two way radios and patrol both ends at Mexico. 11/28 and 11/29 both open for me. Let's put the smack talk to the side now and people here want to see both of us run fair and square. I will wait for your response.

Those dates will not work as Im tied up with work..

did i miss why VR's little shindig wouldn't work for you guys? i still think that sounds the best idea to me. plenty of room to run, NO risk of jail, no traffic, no BS with cb and blockin traffic.

did i miss why VR's little shindig wouldn't work for you guys? i still think that sounds the best idea to me. plenty of room to run, NO risk of jail, no traffic, no BS with cb and blockin traffic.

I am pretty sure Allan won't ship his car to Miami for that, and I'm very sure he won't travel here for a race.

Why no do this. It's typically $5,000-$6,000 to rent an airport for the day. Maybe more, maybe less. Why don't you tent an airstrip in or around CA, and the loser pays for the rental, and any ancillary costs?

Those dates will not work as Im tied up with work..

You're busy making $$$ we understand and approve, so fcuk it, toss the keys to Duece and lets get this race done(in Mexico, on a safe road!!) If federales bust his ass, bail him out! :icon_thumleft:

I am pretty sure Allan won't ship his car to Miami for that, and I'm very sure he won't travel here for a race.

Why no do this. It's typically $5,000-$6,000 to rent an airport for the day. Maybe more, maybe less. Why don't you tent an airstrip in or around CA, and the loser pays for the rental, and any ancillary costs?

Or can ship both to FL for the next mile event and do the race there ?? :)