1524rwhp Ford GT

pockmark

Is there a TT Lambo that will beat its time in the mile?

This should be the fastest car tomorrow at the Top Gun Run. About 50 cars signed up so far, I assume at least 20-30 more will sign up day of the event. 6 Confirmed Ford GT's.

What will this run in the mile tomorrow. JoeDirts 1000rwhp Ford GT ran 226mph. Will this go past 240mph with perfect conditions?

Weather is PERFECT!!!!!! 70 Degrees, no clouds, no humidity!!! 1524rwhp

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

That is a beast! I am betting 234MPH... The driver would have to be perfect off the line to get much more. Keeping that much MPH on the ground without losing time in slippage would be tough.

Can't wait to hear the results...

That is a beast! I am betting 234MPH... The driver would have to be perfect off the line to get much more. Keeping that much BHP on the ground without losing time in slippage would be tough.

Can't wait to hear the results...

fixed for you.

but i agree i think with rear wheel drive thats a lot of power to try to put down from a stand still in a mile, though once he gets moving it'll be fast, i think it might still be able to do 240 it''ll have to have a great driver

I am hoping ot talk the organizer into letting him go into the turn at 60 mph to see what it tops out at through the traps. I think it is geared to 256mph stock. It doesnt have the power to get there stock though.

With this much HP on a RWD car I would say the trap speed will depend on traction in 1-3rd gears and how good the driver is.

With my car and 994 rwhp I was getting FULL traction in second gear and up with the R6's in the rear. I would hit it hard enough in first on the launch to get wheelspin at roughly 5000-5500rpm and then I would slam it into second and all there was to do was to watch the rpm gauge and shift about 100-200rpm before the redline.

if the weather is 70 degrees and minimal wind I will predict 249.

the above prediction is if it stays together and on the track.

There is one little known fact about the GT that I am curious if it will come up (not a safety issue but more a mechanical "thing"). I'm not going to say what it is before the run. The driver of this car would be able to confirm or deny after his run(s).

forgot to add......

do we have a confirmation of what kind of timing system they are using?

and what is this "go into the turn at 60mph" stuff? I thought this is a standing mile.

I hope you are right Joe. 249mph would be awesome, and should be a record if I am not mistaken. I believe there are 4-5 confirmed cars (could be more) at or over 1000rwhp, so it should be interesting.

Crazy thing is that these guys put the finishing touches on it yesterday, and are out street tuning a 1750-1800 crank hp car! :shock:

forgot to add......

do we have a confirmation of what kind of timing system they are using?

and what is this "go into the turn at 60mph" stuff? I thought this is a standing mile.

It is a standing mile. I was going to recommend after he is done for the day, to see what it tops out at.

They are using the same Tag Heuer timing device as the Texas Mile

I just watched the 220mph run and unless they have changed the gearing in this car since then I don't think it will go over 238 (provided they are running more power now).

They have obviously changed the gearing from stock (for the 220mph run). He was shifting into 6th at 200mph. They probably did the 3.9 gear change on this car (not good for top speed runs)

I was in 5th at 226 with stock gearing. I never shifted into 6th.

there are a bunch of unknowns on being able to predict a speed for this car.

I hope you are right Joe. 249mph would be awesome, and should be a record if I am not mistaken. I believe there are 4-5 confirmed cars (could be more) at or over 1000rwhp, so it should be interesting.

Crazy thing is that these guys put the finishing touches on it yesterday, and are out street tuning a 1750-1800 crank hp car! :shock:

my 226.200 mph is the standing mile record for a Ford GT.

I just watched the 220mph run and unless they have changed the gearing in this car since then I don't think it will go over 238 (provided they are running more power now).

They have obviously changed the gearing from stock (for the 220mph run). He was shifting into 6th at 200mph. They probably did the 3.9 gear change on this car (not good for top speed runs)

I was in 5th at 226 with stock gearing. I never shifted into 6th.

there are a bunch of unknowns on being able to predict a speed for this car.

I dont know these guys, but it looks like they had the entire engine out 2 days ago, so maybe they changed the gears? Not sure. :eusa_think: From what I was told, the owner shipped his car down specifically to get some work done to it and attend the Top Gun Run event. It used to ONLY be 1300+rwhp from the other youtube video.

Wish I could be down there but I've screwed off too much for the last couple weeks and can't justify it. As far as I know my buddy made it with his GT from up here. If he had his 48 foot trailer ready I would have sent it down and flown, but I'm done with this fuckin loading, trailering, unloading, loading, trailering, unloading, stuff for the year. Plus some trucker donked my trailer while I was taking a powernap on the way to Peak's house last month, so karma is out for that thing.

As for this car, I wish them all the best of luck and safe runs, but I've seen nothing to indicate this car will do any better than what any GT from anyone else with several hundred rwhp less has done. Maybe it's the gearing, I don't know, but going 220 mph with twins in the mile with 1350+ rwhp indicates something is wrong in the setup. JoeDirt went 226 with around 1000rwhp and 215 mph on a 100 degree day. I went 207 mph on that same 100 degree day making mid 800s. we had another member go 223 mph last year making somewhere in the 1000rwhp range with what I can only qualify as a relative novice driver. Peaks yellow car went 221 mph in the mile making somewhere in the 900's. It has to either be the gearing or the numbers are off.

So if it's not the gearing, then something is very wrong when a car with 300-400 rwhp less than a number of comparable cars goes slower. Hopefully they can do something, but I'm not expecting anything over 230. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it managed it.

Wish I could be there.. Good luck to everyone driving and be safe!!

Instead of driving a mile I am running 5 :D

My wife organizes a charity event every year which has it's final event today.. tv coverage and the whole bit.. needless to say I am where I need to be :)

Keep us updated PikeMike!!!

That is 24X mph power. The GT will have a little more trouble at the top end because it has so much built in downforce. It should be a good show if the car is set up properly.

The ford gt shattered A cam gear yesterday while tuning. He is trying to fix it to come out by the end of the day. Everyone is just getting warmed up right now. So far only 186mph. More to come as Eddie bello just finished tuning his car. About 60-70 cars that are running+ a huge car show.

The ford gt shattered A cam gear yesterday while tuning. He is trying to fix it to come out by the end of the day. Everyone is just getting warmed up right now. So far only 186mph. More to come as Eddie bello just finished tuning his car. About 60-70 cars that are running+ a huge car show.

hope they get it running. Please update this thread if they do or don't show. Thanks

what happened to the other 1000 hp cars?

Eddie bellos car couldn't get traction to save it's life. He wis literally hitting boost and spinning in 5th gear. The ford gt in this thread never showed up. There was another TTFGT there, but didn't break 200mph.

There was a 20mph headwind when we got there that made things very difficult.

To put it in perspective, there was a 725awhp Nissan GTR there that ran 180 flat.

Fastest mph was Rolands DLM TTG, and he hit the rev limiters way before the end of the track, and backed off, and rolled through at 196mph. The headwind killed the big numbers.

what was the reason for the traction issues? Surface is slick?

honestly, I think some of the cars were swinging for the fences too early instead of building boost slowly. Eddie bello turned his boost WAY down from his first couple runs, and still couldn't hook up until 4th gear. He said that drag radials get hairy on his car after 220mph, so he was running a really tall street tire which couldn't hook at all