1524rwhp Ford GT

pockmark

dam, bet it was still fun.

Was it a swiss cheese gtr?

I think everyone still had a great time, and I think it was tremendously organized for a first time event. My only recommendation to the organizer will be to add some additional food concessions on top of what they had out there, other than that, much better than any event I had been to out there for both drivers and spectators.

honestly, I think some of the cars were swinging for the fences too early instead of building boost slowly. Eddie bello turned his boost WAY down from his first couple runs, and still couldn't hook up until 4th gear. He said that drag radials get hairy on his car after 220mph, so he was running a really tall street tire which couldn't hook at all

I'm sure everyone found out that's its much easier to go fast on a dyno than on an airport runway :) Traction and tire choices are really tough for mile events.

I made one run on drag radials at the Texas mile....I'll never make another run. Those soft sidewalls are TERRIBLE above 200mph..

Jonah

I'm sure everyone found out that's its much easier to go fast on a dyno than on an airport runway :) Traction and tire choices are really tough for mile events.

I made one run on drag radials at the Texas mile....I'll never make another run. Those soft sidewalls are TERRIBLE above 200mph..

Jonah

R6's FTW

Jonah

that's what Eddie bello said too. DRs are horrible above 200mph. He had some special yokohamas on it, but they had no grip in any gear except in 5th on a couple runs after he short shifted the other gears. He said he was making enough power for a 250mph run, but the tires didn't agree.

• 2 months later...
I was wondering what the standing mile record for a Ford Gt Twin Turbo is and how long has this been for?

226.200mph at the October 2009 Texas Mile. That GT is Supercharged and Twin Turboed.

The previous record was at the March 2009 Texas Mile by a TT only GT at 223.007mph.

226.200mph at the October 2009 Texas Mile. That GT is Supercharged and Twin Turboed.

The previous record was at the March 2009 Texas Mile by a TT only GT at 223.007mph.

Heh imagine having this same conversation in 2004. The Fastest cars in the super tuner challanges probably came in around 185-195 in the mile. now anyone with $20k and a receptive car can do 220.

• 1 month later...

252.97 now! :icon_mrgreen:

It was only a matter of time when that car would beat my record.

I know just joking around and bringing back an old thread. The car was supposed to go to the first event, but was not ready in time.

I want to see what happends when that car gets a full on run with a proper launch, and is able to use the additional 300 shot of nitrous he didn't use on that run. May need a much taller gear to cope with all that.

After watching that video, high 260's-270mph in the mile would not be impossible if all of the above would work out, and the stars aligned.