Race day in Miami!!!

pockmark

fcuk! I got home drunk at 3:30am, and I got my happy ass into the shower at 545am.

Needless to say, I am already exhausted.

I will post updates here as they come.

Rich Brooks texted me a pic of him with a trophy for 2nd fastest car with his pulley/tune GT. Went 189.

Cool for a fellow GT owner to get a trophy.

fastest was???????

I was expecting a little higher numbers.

Me too. Headwinds killed big numbers. Then the big rwhp cars had to turn their boost down because they couldn't get traction. See the other fgt thread. Had a great time, and there were tons of cars there. I had a great time. Drove a non Z-06 v-ette to 169mph 2 times in the standing mile with the wind the way it was.

I'll try to go off of memory to some of the cars off of memory as my wife has the camera, and I am leaving on business tomorrow, and won't be able to post pictures or video until then. 4 registered and paid ford gt's didn't show, 2 being TTFGTs

2010 Supercharged Camaro SS

2010 TT Camaro SS

2009 Challenger SRT8

Modded Ferrari F40

Eddie Bellos Porsche

Big HP TurboWax Porsche Turbo

Corvet-te ZR1 number 1

Cor-POS ZR1 number 2

Corvett-e ZR1 number 3

Ford GT number 1

Ford GT number 2

v-ette Z-06 number 1

v-ette Z-06 number 2

v-ette Z0-6 number 3

v-ette Zo-6 number 4

v-ette C6 number 1

v-ette C6 number 2

viper 1

viper 2

viper 3

viper 4

viper 5

viper 6

viper 7

viper 8

Nissan GTR number 1

Nissan GTR number 2

Nissan GTR number 3

Nissan Skyline GTR R33-big turbo

Renntech CL65

Renntech C63

DLM Lamborghini Gallardo TT

2001 Porsche Carrera

2009 BMW M3 number 1

2009 BMW M3 with the RDSport 4.6 liter stroker

Infiniti G37s

that's all I could remember off the top of my head, but there were definitely more. Car show was huge too.

Eddie bellos car couldn't get traction to save it's life. He wis literally hitting boost and spinning in 5th gear. The ford gt in this thread never showed up. There was another TTFGT there, but didn't break 200mph.

There was a 20mph headwind when we got there that made things very difficult.

To put it in perspective, there was a 725awhp Nissan GTR there that ran 180 flat.

Fastest mph was Rolands DLM TTG, and he hit the rev limiters way before the end of the track, and backed off, and rolled through at 196mph. The headwind killed the big numbers.

A rev limited G-TT wins by default.....kinda anti climatic no? Why didn't the organizers turn the headwind into a tailwind by starting at the other end of the runway????

BTW, congrats to Roland! :icon_super:

A rev limited G-TT wins by default.....kinda anti climatic no? Why didn't the organizers turn the headwind into a tailwind by starting at the other end of the runway????

:iamwithstupid:

Why didn't the organizers turn the headwind into a tailwind by starting at the other end of the runway????

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

:eusa_think: :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

Congrats to Roland and his TT Lambo winning the event! I really wish I could have made the event.

I am planning to be at the January event in Miami. I will be bringing both my UR Black Gallardo TT and my UR 560 TT.

We learned a lot at the Texas Mile, and have some improvements to the cars based on what we learned.

Jonah

I have some pics that I can upload tomorrow. when we got back i was tired and left the camera in my office. The wind direction changed..there was a cross wind that changed to a headwind i think. They rigged up Eddie Bello's Porsche with some camera's the first run which he used the first couple runs to tune in his new injectors, he had excessive tire spin and his last run was good untill a hose popped off so he never made a full pass. Juan from turbowax ran his Porsche, wastegate pipe cracked so he couldn't make another run but he was happy with just the experience of running a mile.... the doug levin gtt was impressive also and I spoke to Doug, he said it was just a bolt on turbo kit. The camera crew got some good footage. they said this was just a small event for topgunrun and the next will be even better :)

I was telling some of the guys that we should run from the other side, but the issue was that it was switching to more of a crosswind at times, and of course we could have had them do an hour worth of work switching up the timing equipment and starting line, and then the winds could change again.

I had a great time at the event, but I was hoping for bigger numbers. Talking to Eddie shortly after he got there, he said he had enough boost in it "to break the record.". I said his 230mph record? He said no, the 246mph mile record held by the supras. The big hp ford gt broke, a couple others didn't show up. Heffner said he would come, but didn't end up making it. I was hoping he would come with Ray's FGT to do some testing. UGR didn't come, which they could have put up big numbers. Maybe they are rebuilding some cars still from Texas, and some of the other guys couldn't make it. Not sure, but they were invited.

Regarding Rolands car, everyone knew what it could do. The only challenge was he would hit the rev limiter way before the mile so he would back off then hit it again. His best run of the day came from rolling out slowly in first, shortshifting second, and then hitting it in 3rd.

The Renntech CL impressed me the most with it's mph. 185 is good for a car that is that heavy.

A 2009 viper set-10 ran 171mph to give an example of how fast that is given the conditions.

Congrats to Roland and his TT Lambo winning the event! I really wish I could have made the event.

I am planning to be at the January event in Miami. I will be bringing both my UR Black Gallardo TT and my UR 560 TT.

We learned a lot at the Texas Mile, and have some improvements to the cars based on what we learned.

Jonah

I believe the guy running the event is having one the 3rd week of January. He was talking about potentially making it a 2-3 day event. Which will make it easier to put big numbers up.

www.topgunrun.com

I will post pictures and videos later this week.

I believe the guy running the event is having one the 3rd week of January. He was talking about potentially making it a 2-3 day event. Which will make it easier to put big numbers up.

www.topgunrun.com

I will post pictures and videos later this week.

Sorry I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a successful event. I had prior obligations to stage my car for the Miami Festival of Speed in Bayfront on Sunday, so had to leave it ready Saturday. Just did an event last weekend and needed at least one family day this weekend, and the show was it this time around. I also need to keep my head low while I still have an active warranty....

I was telling some of the guys that we should run from the other side, but the issue was that it was switching to more of a crosswind at times, and of course we could have had them do an hour worth of work switching up the timing equipment and starting line, and then the winds could change again.

I had a great time at the event, but I was hoping for bigger numbers. Talking to Eddie shortly after he got there, he said he had enough boost in it "to break the record.". I said his 230mph record? He said no, the 246mph mile record held by the supras. The big hp ford gt broke, a couple others didn't show up. Heffner said he would come, but didn't end up making it. I was hoping he would come with Ray's FGT to do some testing. UGR didn't come, which they could have put up big numbers. Maybe they are rebuilding some cars still from Texas, and some of the other guys couldn't make it. Not sure, but they were invited.

Regarding Rolands car, everyone knew what it could do. The only challenge was he would hit the rev limiter way before the mile so he would back off then hit it again. His best run of the day came from rolling out slowly in first, shortshifting second, and then hitting it in 3rd.

The Renntech CL impressed me the most with it's mph. 185 is good for a car that is that heavy.

A 2009 viper set-10 ran 171mph to give an example of how fast that is given the conditions.

Didi people GPS their numbers too? Some of the numbers seem awfully high especially if you are saying that their was a 20mph headwind...

Wasn't always a headwind, was a crosswind at times.

Some cars had their own gps, and vboxs.

Is s 171mph trap high for an 09 stock Viper?

That renntech CL was really fast. The guy even came with his mirrors off and a flat plastic piece in their place.

A 700awhp Nissan gtr was about 180mph iirc.

Wasn't always a headwind, was a crosswind at times.

Some cars had their own gps, and vboxs.

Is s 171mph trap high for an 09 stock Viper?

That renntech CL was really fast. The guy even came with his mirrors off and a flat plastic piece in their place.

A 700awhp Nissan gtr was about 180mph iirc.

No, 171 for the Viper is definitely not high.