Veyron GT/Grand Prix

Moronzilla

Here are few details I have heard about the final edition Veyron, which likely is exactly this so called Veyron GT, which many like to call Gran Prix, I would like to tell that all said are rumors only, we will know it for sure only when we will see the official press-release.

Rumors suggest that this final edition of the Veyron will be about 150 kg lighter thanks to the CF use instead of aluminium for the body. The engine is rumored to be higher revving, about 7000 rpm instead of current 6000 rpm. The power is rumored to be about 1200 hp, possibly the engine will be flex-fuel capable. Top speed is rumored to be about 420 km/h. Active aerodynamics could be reworked as well to feed the engine with additional cooling. Expect the brakes to be slightly upgraded as well. The paint is rumored to be Royal Blue bare carbon fibre as on Sang Bleu combined with matte black carbon fibre, as the whole car's body is rumored to be made from carbo fibre.The car will feature absolutely unique interior and wheels as well.

BUGATTI News : 425km/h its a probably top speed but isn't official. And less kg.. Under 1650kg, Probably place debut Paris 2010..

4047285915_bbb5dabc35_b.jpg

4048023646_51e470096f_b.jpg

4047286983_aa60887353_b.jpg

4047283941_8872077bf1_b.jpg

4048024500_0a47a20630_b.jpg

4048026474_8129ba6e6e_b.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that I'd be pissed if I had a regular, lowly original Veyron, but they keep making better ones. I'd be annoyed if I just bought one. This thing will be crazy if it's what you say.

It will probably cost two times a normal one

:iamwithstupid: They will have a monster price on this thing im sure....It would be sick to have one of each body style!

Rob any insight?

Watch his video where he "supposedly" goes 259.4mph the video claims its a Veyron GT --I call B.S. on this since the GT is not even out yet!!!!!

Another "internet exclusive". And about the 5th or 6th for the Veyron now. :rolleyes:

The car is a starship on wheels, it needs no further weight reduction or power increases nor would the engineering costs to do so be allowed by VAG for a project that has already lost enough money. Not to mention the consternation this would cause for the current owners, who would in no way, shape, or form, approve a depreciation-event like a better version of the car for their own $1.8M investment (yes, investment).

Bugatti wisely does nothing without doing focus groups based on current owner's wishes, and I can't see them signing off on it.

I would not be so self-aussured to call this false rumors, these reports are coming from rather credible sources and were right in the past on other Bugatti editions. I do not think that this Gran Prix version will hurt the resale value of the regular Veyron, there were same opinions when Gran Sport was launched in summer 2008 and what do we see now? Nothing, Veyron is slightly depreciating, not slower, but not faster also. When all Veyron coupes will be sold, they will start to appreciate, because next Bugattis will not be so crazy and so bespoke. The line will be closed and the only way to get the car is to buy pre-owned one. At this point launch of Gran Prix will be right at place and it will not be harmfull for regular Veyrons market. Why no one said that the resale value of Zonda F will go down to the toilet when astonishing Zonda Cinque was launched? Because all F Zondas were already sold and produced. Same with Gran Prix Veyron. Now Bugatti prices are falling due to the high running costs and to big production number compared to the price, if the Veyron run would be not 300, but 150 and Gran Sport run would be 75 instead of 150, they would cost much more in the pre-owned cars market than now.

I would not be so self-aussured to call this false rumors, these reports are coming from rather credible sources and were right in the past on other Bugatti editions. I do not think that this Gran Prix version will hurt the resale value of the regular Veyron, there were same opinions when Gran Sport was launched in summer 2008 and what do we see now? Nothing, Veyron is slightly depreciating, not slower, but not faster also. When all Veyron coupes will be sold, they will start to appreciate, because next Bugattis will not be so crazy and so bespoke. The line will be closed and the only way to get the car is to buy pre-owned one. At this point launch of Gran Prix will be right at place and it will not be harmfull for regular Veyrons market. Why no one said that the resale value of Zonda F will go down to the toilet when astonishing Zonda Cinque was launched? Because all F Zondas were already sold and produced. Same with Gran Prix Veyron. Now Bugatti prices are falling due to the high running costs and to big production number compared to the price, if the Veyron run would be not 300, but 150 and Gran Sport run would be 75 instead of 150, they would cost much more in the pre-owned cars market than now.

I agree with you 100%

No offense to FREAKZILLA, this is not about him. It's about nonsense on a "website" getting posted that again, has no basis in reality. I'd be interested in hearing Rob's opinion on the pros/cons (if such an unlikely car existed), we'll hear it when he logs on for sure.

Something to think about: The engineering it took produce this car at the numbers it already performs at is mind-boggling. Do you really think there's +300lbs of weight-reduction combined with ANOTHER 200hp+ "left" in the Veyron? And do you think it's so simple that Bugatti engineers can just turn up the boost and take out some sound-deadening and be done with it? Including the safety and insurance liability that goes with a 260mph+ incident? I can accept much smaller end-of-run figures, perhaps -50lbs, and +50hp, but that's it. Just too much involved to go for more.

These "rumors" would require MASSIVE amounts of R/D to be performed on mules for MONTHS in order for Bugatti to certify the car as being safe for consumption. And, on top of it, millions of dollars. Haven't any of you read about just the demands placed upon the custom tires on this car? Just that alone is a tremendous deterrent to ever have a faster Veyron.

It's a dream, and it's fun, but in reality these rumors are disproven the majority of the time. Remember the similarly-fanciful "McLaren F1 Update Program" from a few months ago? :icon_thumleft:

This car is not a Gallardo. I'll leave it at that.

Mako

Rob claims his Veyron is A GT. Watch the video going "supposedly" 259.4 mph

There is no way the company would use a customer as a tester for a new product such as the GT.

There have only been mules of the GT not 1 has been delivered to a customer but yet Rob supposedly has 1....

There will in fact be a Veyron with more HP at the end of its run. As for the name of it that

is all rumors for now. I know a guy that has an all black Veyron as well as people at SVAG

that sell Veyrons and they have both confirmed that a higher horsepower version will

be available in the near future...

Mako

There is no way the company would use a customer as a tester for a new product such as the GT.

There have only been mules of the GT not 1 has been delivered to a customer but yet Rob supposedly has 1....

There will in fact be a Veyron with more HP at the end of its run. As for the name of it that

is all rumors for now. I know a guy that has an all black Veyron as well as people at SVAG

that sell Veyrons and they have both confirmed that a higher horsepower version will

I hear you, but we can't assume it to be fact just because you know an owner, or Rob may mention something. We can't treat this as "early fact" as we don't have nearly enough information.

Right now it's a hopeful fantasy. One that MAY be true down the road, or MAY NOT be true at all. A swipe of VAG's pen eliminates it if it does exist. Or, the same swipe puts it into production. Until it's actually in production it's not real.

I'm sure you understand. We'll see what happens, it's not as simple as it's being made to appear.

Mako

You will be VERY SUPRISED as to what a company will do when money is involved... I dont think Rob has any reason to lie about it..

Mako

I hear what you are saying. Right now it is kind of he said she said but I know

there will be a more hp Veyron in the future. They have been testing mules

for a while now. The company is owned by VW so they have the money to put into

R/D as much as they like. They are already loosing money on each Veyron sold. It

is the Veyron that put Bugatti back on the map. How did this happen? With all the

media it got for being to "world's fastest production car". Some cars such as the SSC,

CCXR, and maybe a few others claim to be the fastest but yet it is the Veyron that gets

all the attention. Before the Veyron is put to rest and Buatti decides to work on its

next masterpiece they will come out with a faster edition name still tbd. The faster Veyron

is not a Rumor. What is a rumor is just how much horsepower and speed will it have.

As for Rob already owning this faster edition Veyron its 100% BS!!!!

You will be VERY SUPRISED as to what a company will do when money is involved... I dont think Rob has any reason to lie about it..

Allan do you really believe the video Rob has up about his Veyron "GT" going 259.4 mph??? Come on now?? Just because a little blurb runs across the screen does not mean shit. Yes he was fast. Over 200 over 230 most likely but 259.4 mph as the video claims not likely at all. There was no

radar or track speed ticket of the car going that fast. the Veyron Rob has is the same Veyron any customer can get but he added the Sang Noir wheels to it.

Allan do you really believe the video Rob has up about his Veyron "GT" going 259.4 mph??? Come on now?? Just because a little blurb runs across the screen does not mean shit. Yes he was fast. Over 200 over 230 most likely but 259.4 mph as the video claims not likely at all. There was no

radar or track speed ticket of the car going that fast. the Veyron Rob has is the same Veyron any customer can get but he added the Sang Noir wheels to it.

I dont know... I wasnt there... But who knows..... just saying... you never know...

I dont know... I wasnt there... But who knows..... just saying... you never know...

I was not there either but anyone who knows their facts about Veyrons knows

that he does not have a GT Veyron capable of 259.4mph. 253mph and change now we

are talking but 259 100% BS

Mako

I hear what you are saying. Right now it is kind of he said she said but I know

there will be a more hp Veyron in the future. They have been testing mules

for a while now. The company is owned by VW so they have the money to put into

R/D as much as they like. They are already loosing money on each Veyron sold. It

is the Veyron that put Bugatti back on the map. How did this happen? With all the

media it got for being to "world's fastest production car". Some cars such as the SSC,

CCXR, and maybe a few others claim to be the fastest but yet it is the Veyron that gets

all the attention. Before the Veyron is put to rest and Buatti decides to work on its

next masterpiece they will come out with a faster edition name still tbd. The faster Veyron

is not a Rumor. What is a rumor is just how much horsepower and speed will it have.

As for Rob already owning this faster edition Veyron its 100% BS!!!!

VW is not going to lose money on the Veryon project. Think of the Veryon as the B-2 of cars. The R&D costs are what drive up the costs of both compared to any other car or plane.

In the long term, the knowledge VW gained during the Veryon endevour will find its way in every product. I'm not even kidding when I say the guys who worked on the Veryons cooling system probably laugh when they are told to develop one for a golf. The Veryon guys went into unchartered territory. Unlike most high performance cars, they were given a shape then told what to do with it. Then they were told to make it faster.

And Rob does own a faster Veryon. The latest ones are ALL faster than the earlier ones. The first ones were hitting the 1001 HP mark. Mid model ones were EASILY putting down 1050. But the faster Veryon talk doesn't matter, the Veryon is limited by its tires. 259 is easily doable with 49 extra hp and a tailwind.

VW is not going to lose money on the Veryon project. Think of the Veryon as the B-2 of cars. The R&D costs are what drive up the costs of both compared to any other car or plane.

In the long term, the knowledge VW gained during the Veryon endevour will find its way in every product. I'm not even kidding when I say the guys who worked on the Veryons cooling system probably laugh when they are told to develop one for a golf. The Veryon guys went into unchartered territory. Unlike most high performance cars, they were given a shape then told what to do with it. Then they were told to make it faster.

And Rob does own a faster Veryon. The latest ones are ALL faster than the earlier ones. The first ones were hitting the 1001 HP mark. Mid model ones were EASILY putting down 1050. But the faster Veryon talk doesn't matter, the Veryon is limited by its tires. 259 is easily doable with 49 extra hp and a tailwind.

Nice try but Rob's Veyron is not going 259 mph it will do 253 and change but no way in hell is it doing 259. Bug lists all their cars as 1001 hp but each one does differ in actual hp but the fact that Robs has more than the ordinary customers Veyron is rumors not going to happen. Call your local Bug dealer and they will tell you the same thing.

Nice try but Rob's Veyron is not going 259 mph it will do 253 and change but no way in hell is it doing 259. Bug lists all their cars as 1001 hp but each one does differ in actual hp but the fact that Robs has more than the ordinary customers Veyron is rumors not going to happen. Call your local Bug dealer and they will tell you the same thing.

you are one thing: confident

you are one thing: confident

Too many people are just taking his video as fact. Where is the proof of it going 259.4 mph??? Yes

there is a little blurb on the video but there is no recorded record of that speed. No speedo shot, no radar, no track confirmation. Yes he owns a Veyron but for gods sake it is just a regular Veyron not the so called GT. So can it go fast? Hell yes it can--can it go 259 plus hell no!!!!

Too many people are just taking his video as fact. Where is the proof of it going 259.4 mph??? Yes

there is a little blurb on the video but there is no recorded record of that speed. No speedo shot, no radar, no track confirmation. Yes he owns a Veyron but for gods sake it is just a regular Veyron not the so called GT. So can it go fast? Hell yes it can--can it go 259 plus hell no!!!!

with the wind and down hill maybe.

Relax a bit, you are getting really worked up.

Yeah and if I call Lockheed Martin they are going to tell me an SR-71 can only do Mach 3.2 :icon_thumleft: